Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: That was a well-spent stamp

That was a well-spent stamp

So...I mail this.....and receive it back a couple of weeks ago.

Anybody notice anything kinda funny about it? I mean, besides the mold and mildew that has accumulated on the envelope since the time it was mailed?

Post Office Mail.jpg

Re: That was a well-spent stamp

Surprised it didn't come with a bill for storage.

You had the Halloween costume lost that same way didn't you?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Surprised it didn't come with a bill for storage.

You had the Halloween costume lost that same way didn't you?
    YES! I forgot about the Halloween costume. I also had a handmade holster lost for 3 months, or nearly so there.

Is it just my Post Office here?

My daughters two children both have birthdays a week apart in October. I decided to send them sweaty cash this year so I got them each a card and placed a crispy $50 in each one one them. Mrs. boss warned me not to mail cash and write them each a check instead. Since my intelligence is far superior to hers I convinced her that the kids would rather get a crispy $50 bill rather than some ole check. I then mailed them to their home in Chicago at the same time from our box at home.

Four days later I got a call from the six year old thanking me for the card/loot. When my daughter got back on the phone I asked about the 8 year olds card/loot, I was informed that she had not received it.

Bad news/bad news: I'm out 50 bucks and I have to tell Mrs. boss she was right about not sending cash,meaning my intelligence is not far more superior than hers (which as we know was a given).

Anyway, I waited a few more days to see if the lost card/loot showed up. It did not, so I got another card and wrote a check which meant I had to get another ear full from the Mrs.

Fast forward three weeks later to this past Monday... both cards showed up. The one I originally sent was all mangled up but the loot was still inside.

So now the one kid got two cards with $50 in each one, so the other kid wants to know why his sister got two cards/loot while he only got one. So guess what, now I have to go get another card and send more loot to the other one.

The money part wasn't as big a issue as continuing to hear the four dreaded words....

"I told you so"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 11-09-2016 at 11:23 AM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

lol--funny story.

And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

Get one of these apply it to the front and back of the envelope and mail to yourself at work address.

See if that improves the service
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Lol.

Percentage-wise, they do great, I suppose, when you consider the thousands of pieces of mail they've handled for me over years. But it darn sure isn't 100%.