Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Off to the gallows.....

Off to the gallows.....

....aka, to the voting location. See you on the other side.

Re: Off to the gallows.....

Line was about 100 feet long to get into the building 10 minutes after polls opened this morning. Thankfully, didn't take too long once I got inside--there was no line to check in at the table for my precinct. Took about 15 minutes total.

Pulling out of the parking lot, there was a line of cars on the road waiting to pull in. I realize you can't tell anything from anecdotal evidence, but it's never been that way at our polling location before.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Did you happen to see lots of buses parked outside?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Reminded me of exam day for some of my classes, where I meet students (and neighbors) I never knew existed.

Seriously, I went mid-morning, which is traditionally the lightest possible time. There was a consistent flow of people in and out, although no big lines. That tells me turnout, at least here, is higher than normal.

Unforgettable

longest I have ever waited to vote, steady stream of cars coming in the whole time, waited about 20 min to vote which for my precinct that is long

2 and a half hours... and I got there at an absurdly early hour... just 15 minutes after the polls opened.

Glad it's over with.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Did you happen to see lots of buses parked outside?
    OR Heases
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Man, it's nice to have a small polling precinct I guess. I had a line last time of like 3 people, I was incensed I had to wait, lol.

Kentucky needs help with a lot of things, but I will say we know how to run an election. I had one lady in front of me who moved and they were very strict that even though her name was on the list in this precinct the law says she needs to go to her new place and just fill out the form and she could vote there. they were very nice, knew what to do, but stuck to the rules.

But there's never a real line at my place, it's just too small an area. A liberal area, but a small one.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

It seems like precinct locations here are set up by number of potential voters so that one polling place is not a lot busier than others. Any way if the numbers of today's voters in other precincts mirror mine, the turn out is going to be heavier than normal for a presidential election year. Since my work hours are flexible I took my lunch break to go vote at 1:00. I sat in the parking lot for about 15 minutes both before and after I voted. The numbers of coming and going cars was very similar to what others have already reported.

Kentucky needs help with a lot of things, but I will say we know how to run an election.
    Just wanted to chime in on the above statement from CBBN. He is exactly correct. If all other states were required to mirror Kentucky's voting process, voter fraud would never be an issue in future elections. However there is a reason other states do not do it like we do, and they would fight tooth and nail to keep the status quo.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

My polling location was busy as well. We are converting to a paper ballot-scanner method, so you could choose with the paper ballot or machine ballot. The lady at the sign in book was new, so everyone was having to show IDs. Some guy commented that, "We wouldn't have to show IDs if were illegals." Everyone should be required to show an ID to vote.

@ALcomBirmingham: Lines form at Alabama polling places as record number of voters expected to cast ballots http://trib.al/MDJcsAZ https://twitter.com/ALcomBirmingham/...111424/photo/1

Picture from the FL voting station yesterday. All them rednecks turned out in force.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    ....aka, to the voting location. See you on the other side.
    I worked the polls yesterday and was first assigned to manage the line. By far it was the longest I have ever seen. Inside it went the length of the church, across the parking lot, along the edge of the parking lot and down the hill to the street. Based on the number of people who voted it was about 600 people standing in line. Only two or three left, the others stood for up to 1 and 1/2 hours. Very determined people. No conversation, no complaining, just exercising their rights. I thought that was very unusual for a state in which the Presidential election was a predetermined out come.

One interesting thing I observed. There was a tremendous Undervote, people not voting for President but voting for Amendments to the State Constitution. If I recall correctly the undervote in my precinct was about 20%.
    Real Fan since 1958