Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: So whats your opinion on Comey now?

So whats your opinion on Comey now?

No shock that the democrats who praised him as a impartial, as being a "great man", "a wonderful and tough career public servant", etc... are now calling him every name they can come up with. Of course the GOP is no better since he was a Clinton lackey who now is making the right choice....

link

For me, I strongly believe he was not so subtly urged to not follow up on this initially but came to regret that and when more and more evidence came to light on how careless the handling of classified information was, he had to reopen lest he look really really bad when it came to light after the election. My opinion has not changed one bit. I don't think he is now a great person or wonderful man, etc.... Of course I didn't think he was the devil 2 months ago when he let Clinton off. So while I'm happy for the change in development, I'm not changing my opinion of him.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: So whats your opinion on Comey now?

I think he let the Obama administration determine the initial outcome in July and couldn't rationalize looking the other way given the new trove of emails, especially considering their existence was sure to get out.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    No shock that the democrats who praised him as a impartial, as being a "great man", "a wonderful and tough career public servant", etc... are now calling him every name they can come up with. Of course the GOP is no better since he was a Clinton lackey who now is making the right choice....

link

For me, I strongly believe he was not so subtly urged to not follow up on this initially but came to regret that and when more and more evidence came to light on how careless the handling of classified information was, he had to reopen lest he look really really bad when it came to light after the election. My opinion has not changed one bit. I don't think he is now a great person or wonderful man, etc.... Of course I didn't think he was the devil 2 months ago when he let Clinton off. So while I'm happy for the change in development, I'm not changing my opinion of him.
    I initially thought the reason was the same as yours but now I am reading he was about to have a mutiny or major leaks from within if he didn't get this out. Not sure he did it out of the gooness of his heart.

Either way, glad it is out, now get the meat and potatoes out so we can see it.

If what I read on Twitter is correct, he succumbed to administration pressure to put a lid in this stuff. Apparently he's known about it for nearly a month. A yes man....

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    If what I read on Twitter is correct, he succumbed to administration pressure to put a lid in this stuff. Apparently he's known about it for nearly a month. A yes man....
    He's a politician, just like any other. The fix has been on on this for a while, with the Clinton machine and the entire Democratic party using all their sway and influence and bribes and tricks if necessary.

What's happened IMO is that the FBI rank and file is in revolt. They haven't been paid off and bribed and threatened, and they take deep, DEEP pride in the FBI. I think it's true that they were about to stage a coup and start leaking this kind of information, and then it blows up in Comey's face, he ends up being the fall guy.

So this isnt' a change of heart or following the evidence, this is full blown Cover Your Ass.

In this case it helps the cause of justice, but only b/c he was forced into it IMO.

There is a time when men of good conscience must take a stand and not succumb to the excuse that they were "just following orders." We need our "Deep Throat" in the FBI who can bring justice to this situation just as justice was brought to Nixon.

Maybe Comey finds his nads and a copy of the Constitution and starts giving a damn about this country. I doubt it, but I hope so. Because for him to do nothing in the face of this kind of corruption does more to doom our nation than any other single act I can recall.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Same one I had over a month ago.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

I think CBBN pretty much laid it out correctly as stated. Comey is in full CYA mode now. I was hopeful that this might happen, although after it's all over and done, this will reverberate through the Bureau for years to come. Most FBI agents are typical federal employees, but as in any other organization, there will always be a few that will upset the applecart if the rules aren't adhered to, and this is what we're seeing. The Constitution and the United States Code do still mean something to some people, thank God for that. So what we're witnessing is the few true patriots left in the FBI putting Comey's goodies in a vice and squeezing for all it's worth. And after what Comey did last July, and the manner in which he did it, he had to have known that this version of "F#$k You" was going to come into play. If he didn't, then he doesn't deserve to be in the position he is in now. And truthfully, Comey needs to be out of the FBI anyway after that stunt in July.
    This is not how any of this is even remotely supposed to play out, but I am thrilled to see that there are still some people, albeit too damn few, that believe in the basic concept of 'right and wrong' and how to properly exert the right kind of pressure to get the right results.
    With 7 days left until the general election, this criminal ass crooked old hag may finally be getting her just desserts dealt up to her, just like she deserves. I can only hope so anyway.
    MOLON LABE!

What I find amusing is Comey was coming under heavy fire from HRC and Democrats, then yesterday Obama refused to go along with that line of attack:

"Director Comey is a man of integrity, he's a man of principle, and he's a man of good character," Earnest said. "He's in a tough spot. And he's the one who will be in a position to defend his actions in the face of significant criticism."
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...tion/93064856/
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

This is what concerns me about the whole investigation. Unless Trump wins, I think the whole thing goes away.

'KEPT ME OUT OF JAIL': Emails show Podesta links to Justice Dept. official playing key role in Huma probe

Of course it goes away if Hillary wins. The forces at work here are deep and powerful. How else do you get away with this kind of corruption?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Of course it goes away if Hillary wins. The forces at work here are deep and powerful. How else do you get away with this kind of corruption?
    The House is pretty serious about impeaching Clinton, should she win.

Fab Five

The guy is a spineless jerk.
    Real Fan since 1958