Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Scrimmage thread anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    This team is going to be damn hard to defend by opposing teams.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
    Sure looks that way. Hard to tell much about the defense.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Bombino
    Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Platoon!
    image-3344819929.jpg

"Practically, it was more like a Roman army decimation -- a brutally harsh punishment levied by a ruthless hegemon, an act with a message: Don't mess with us.”

- Eamonn Brennan, ESPN

Platoon!
    I would bet Coach is not going to be able to settle on a 7 man rotation. More likely 8 or 9.

All these players will see minutes in many games depending on the opponent

Monk, Fox, Briscoe, Jones, Gabriel, Hawkins, Bam, Mulder, Humphries, Willis
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    So far impressed with SKJ, Mulder and Briscoe.

Not impressed with Gabriel and Calipari

To be decided Bam, Willis, Dom, Fox and Monk (granted, I had high expectations)
    Doc, I was surprised by Jones, but based on tonight alone he will only be good for 5-7 minutes per before he fouls out
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Just got done watching...

Man, did Fox ever impress me... just a demon all over the place, fearless on both sides of the ball... oh, and Briscoe... that kid looks SO much more confident in all aspects of his shooting...

our guards are going to be plain HELL for teams to defend AND to score against... deep, tough, truly great anywhere near the rim...

Once these guys get settled into a more cohesive flow, the bigs will start to really benefit... you could see that coming in the second half after Calipari had Isaiah and DeAaron settle down their "battle", which was entertaining as all get out.

I agree with those who say we are going to play a deep rotation... LOTS of athleticism, speed, skill and energy on BOTH sides of the ball.

Damn impressed here. Man, I can't wait to destroy some "good programs" on our schedule... it's gonna happen... maybe soon.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

A better back court than last season. One of the top three front courts we have had

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I'm looking forward to 2 weeks. I want to see if they bring it defensively against an opposing team. Some of our guys who have the ability to get after it defensively just only did it here and there during the game.... And I'm sure its because they knew they were going to play the entire game and had to conserve some energy.

And as fun as it was to watch... I promise you Cal is furious at the transition defense. But what else is new?? lol... thats been a problem at least early on every single year

Some of that lack of defense, IMO, is the staff allowing the kids to do some highlight stuff for the crowd... and for them... a reward for working hard in regular practice... the B/W Game always has some plays "just for fun".
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Just finished watching and wow, we are way better than i thought we would be. I'm usually pretty cautious or even on the negative side at times but this team is going to be considerably better than I thought. The main reason is fox, I know he's good and I believe my guys here who have talked more favorably than I felt but until tonight I didn't realize his instincts with the ball were that good or that his speed was NBA elite level but it is. Briscoe and monk did what I expected. Skj was better than I've made him out to be, and props to those who have said it. Gabriel needs lots of work but I love the kid. The rest all have a nice role to fill and I really hope they get the time to prove their worth. Every year I say it comes down to how well we move the ball around and this year I think it's even more critical because they can all score. Here's what I would love to see...and cal prob won't do it...but build this bench, especially the shooters like mulder by giving them minutes in blowouts to feel like they have a role and have the confidence to knock down shots. If cal can develop those shooters we have every piece needed. Defense is just unbelievable. Best pair of backcourt athletes since wall and Bledsoe and both are as good or better at the game of bball.
    Go Cats!

The NCAA has pretty much made team defense against the rules of college basketball. I recall Briscoe, Ulis, and Murray trapping guys on the sidelines last season leaving them with no where to go. usually resulting in a steal or a walk.

That is a non contact foul on the defenders this coming season.

Likewise it's a defensive foul trapping in the post along the baseline.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    Just finished watching and wow, we are way better than i thought we would be.
    Glad I'm not alone.

I REALLY like this team. I mean REALLY like this team. I saw more leadership and experience getting minutes than we may have feared (Briscoe, Hawkins and Willis all looked good), and I saw a ton of not just talent but BALANCED talent.

Still really young, I expect fits and starts and struggles to be in the right place on both ends for a while, but I REALLY like where this team can go.

BTW, I'm more worried about Cal not using all his weapons than I am anything else. Man he could wear some teams out with a deeper rotation that just keeps wearing down and getting into the legs of other teams. What PG combo could go 40 minutes against Briscoe/Fox?

This team reminds me more of 2015 now than 2010. Much more capable depth than I expected. SKJ and Gabriel are good if young fairly lost players, but that was also without Humphries.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Cal will stick to 7-8.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Starters for sure are
    Monk
    Fox
    Briscoe
    Bam

The fifth starter I would guess will be Hump.

With Willis being the first off the bench

Scattered minutes for
    SKJ
    Gabrial
    Hawkins

Mulder get little to no time.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Alii I got to say about Fox and Briscoe is "WOW!" Is Fox really that good at rebounding or was the bigs slacking? He was in Rondo territory tonight rebounding wise. I love the little 15 to 18 footer that Bam was taking. He looks really comfortable with that shot and if he can be consistent with it , he will pull opposing bigs out and open up the lane for our guards, especially when playing with Willis as a front court teammate. I can see the 2 of them playing together quite a bit for that reason, if Willis can keep his defensive effort up.

They have the potential to be the best yet. How they perform defensively will be the key early on.

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    Alii I got to say about Fox and Briscoe is "WOW!" Is Fox really that good at rebounding or was the bigs slacking? He was in Rondo territory tonight rebounding wise. I love the little 15 to 18 footer that Bam was taking. He looks really comfortable with that shot and if he can be consistent with it , he will pull opposing bigs out and open up the lane for our guards, especially when playing with Willis as a front court teammate. I can see the 2 of them playing together quite a bit for that reason, if Willis can keep his defensive effort up.
    Bam' is Okafor with defensive prowess.

They have the potential to be the best yet. How they perform defensively will be the key early on.
    And a better medium range shot!

Bombino

Platoon!
    Yes!!!!!

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

I will rewatch today. Fox is super fast like wall but even skinnier than knight.

How fox handles contact and holds up will go a long way to determine our success

Monk is explosive and will be good

I was excited to see how well Moulder and Hawkins played they were so efficient. Now Cal might not play those too much but they are smart, experienced guards. Willis was good

Bam had some good post moves and feel great about him especially with added help from Humphrey inside. Sasha cane on like a hurricane. I like his offense but think he could foul out in warm ups.

Briscoe had 10 assists and fox had ten boards. Thought those stats might be reversed. Briscoe looked good. A lot of shots to go with a lot of assists. Definitely a warrior.

Right now the individual parts is superior to the whole. I hope after two exhibition games I will see a more cohesive unit.

This team is going to be fun. I am hedging my hopes right now but feel pretty good about the year

Offensive team:

1. Briscoe
    2. Monk
    3. Mulder
    4. Willis
    5. Humphries

Defensive team:

1. Fox
    2. Hawkins
    3. Gabriel
    4. SKJ
    5. Bam

Does Fox even have calve muscles?

Bombino

Let’s go with the platoon this year. Don’t stop with 38 wins in a row but go for 40 for the first time in history… and a Banner.