Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Poison Ivy!!

Poison Ivy!!

Need help! What works getting rid of the rash? I've tried Ivy Dry, and today I went to an American Indian store and Two Feathers sold me some Jewel Weed extract to be taken orally as well as topical use....so far no relief.

I've got it on my ankle and top of my foot, and also on the top of my wrist and bottom of forearm. I mention this because wearing a sock and shoe is really irritating it, as well as my watch on my wrist.

Help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Poison Ivy!!

Go to the doctor and get a Prednisone shot for the rash.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Go to the doctor and get a Prednisone shot for the rash.
    And as an alternative there is perscription steroid creme

Tequila, taken internally, is my treatment of choice.

Poison Ivy!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    And as an alternative there is perscription steroid creme
    I'd forgotten about that, a while back I had an allergic reaction to some detergent causing a rash and I was prescribed that cream.

Thanks!! Calling the Dr first thing in the morning. Maybe swing by and grab a shot too.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I'd forgotten about that, a while back I had an allergic reaction to some detergent causing a rash and I was prescribed that cream.

Thanks!! Calling the Dr first thing in the morning. Maybe swing by and grab a shot too.

My bother used to get really bad poison ivy when he was younger. Got it on his chest one time and it proceeded to spread all the way from his chin to the family jewels. He ended up doing the shot along with the creme and it cleared it up quickly. In the future, you best defense is being proactive at cleaning your skin and clothes.

So I was pickin blackberries with my Mother, and got in the smoke of a burning barn. Had poison ivy in my lungs, throat, nose, moth, and all over all exposed surfaces.

After that I was hyper allergic and had ro get a series of shots-Euell Gibbons "eat the first leaf of the vine" modernized. That helped, because at the river or in the bbery patch, I was always getting exposed.

When I Would still get a bad case, bein a kid, My Mother would wash the affected place in...watered down BLEACH. Now that is a western Kentucky remedy, like washin in "coprous water" that i cant recommend. But it did dry up the rash.

You might still itch but you won't care, dude.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    My bother used to get really bad poison ivy when he was younger. Got it on his chest one time and it proceeded to spread all the way from his chin to the family jewels. He ended up doing the shot along with the creme and it cleared it up quickly. In the future, you best defense is being proactive at cleaning your skin and clothes.
    As a child, my grandfather was told if he ATE poison ivy he would be immune and never get it again. He ate it and got it internally (in his mouth and throat). He also became SEVERELY allergic to it later in life. Not sure if eating it had any relation that or not. Obviously that old wives tale or practical joke holds no water.
    Last edited by Doc; 09-01-2016 at 10:19 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I'm immune.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Does work like benadryl, for sunburn especiall.

Poison Ivy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

That's how I used to get poison ivy when I was a kid, on my way to the patch 😎

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    That's how I used to get poison ivy when I was a kid, on my way to the patch ��

And I thought it was heading here

Poison Ivy!!

Stick with what you do best, I leave that one to the Beam boys. Besides Fayette County is wet, that would just be a hobby, not a business. Didn't fit my business model.

Last edited by blueboss; 09-01-2016 at 10:59 PM.