Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Survival game--play here

LSU
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Only Kingcat gets a strike, plus we lose scout

MSU @ KY
    UMass @ SC
    aTm @ AL
    Middle TN @ MO
    AR @ AU
    TN ST @ VU
    MS @ LSU

#CF73-MSU, AU, FL, MO, AR. AL, LSU, VU
    #Darrell-MSU, AU, KY, MO, LSU, GA, FL, VU
    #Doc - AR, MO, KY, MSU, AU, GA, LSU, VU
    #Kingcat-FL, MO, KY, MSU, AU, AL, GA, SC
    #Lfbj-AR, MS, KY, MO, AU, GA, FL,VU
    #MITH-FL, aTm, KY, MO, AR, GA,LSU, VU
    #Salsa-MSU AU, KY, MO, AR, GA, LSU, VU
    #TCF-FL, AU, KY, MO, LSU, GA, AL, VU
    #Yea-FL, aTm, AR, MO, AU, GA, LSU,VU
    Last edited by Doc; 10-21-2016 at 04:56 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Vanderbilt

Vandy
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

South Carolina

I like Tennessee St over Vandy.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Fab Five

Vanderbilt University
    Real Fan since 1958

Gonna buck the trend and go Vandy
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Boy, If Vandy loses, there won't be anybody left.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager49 View Post
    Boy, If Vandy loses, there won't be anybody left.
    Actually NOBODY is in danger of elimination this week since nobody has more than one strike. 3 strikes is an out.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I'm not thrilled with Vanderbilt, but my choices will be limited to take them later...

Vandy

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Actually NOBODY is in danger of elimination this week since nobody has more than one strike. 3 strikes is an out.
    Chasing Perfection..........

All are in so I'm posting next weeks games

KY at MO
    GA at FL
    Samford at MSU
    TN at SC
    AU at MS
    New Mexico St at aTm

#CF73-MSU, AU, FL, MO, AR. AL, LSU, VU, aTm
    #Darrell-MSU, AU, KY, MO, LSU, GA, FL, VU, aTm
    #Doc - AR, MO, KY, MSU, AU, GA, LSU, VU, aTm
    #Kingcat-FL, MO, KY, MSU, AU, AL, GA, SC, aTm
    #Lfbj-AR, MS, KY, MO, AU, GA, FL,VU, MSU
    #MITH-FL, aTm, KY, MO, AR, GA,LSU, VU. MSU
    Salsa-MSU AU, KY, MO, AR, GA, LSU, VU
    #TCF-FL, AU, KY, MO, LSU, GA, AL, VU, MSU
    #Yea-FL, aTm, AR, MO, AU, GA, LSU,VU,MSU
    Last edited by Doc; 10-27-2016 at 07:47 AM.

I've been contemplating rule changes for next year. Thinking about a DOUBLE PLAY week where you have to pick two hence you have 14 picks in 13 weeks. But I think I'll do it at players option meaning you can pick what week you double play.

Any other suggestions, now is the time to make them.

aTm next week.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

MSU

aTm

I've been contemplating rule changes for next year. Thinking about a DOUBLE PLAY week where you have to pick two hence you have 14 picks in 13 weeks. But I think I'll do it at players option meaning you can pick what week you double play.

Any other suggestions, now is the time to make them.
    Doc, I meant to play the "Undefeated Elimination Game" this year, and didn't get ready in time. Especially if we have a reasonable amount of players playing--less than 25-30--it would not be hard to monitor. I will try to remember next year; I think it would be a cool sideline to the SEC Survivor Game.

For SEC Survivor--maybe 2 strikes and you're out, rather than 3? As somebody that missed the first week, I like the fact that one miss won't eliminate you . But maybe two is enough?

Just throwing this out for discussion--what about requiring 20 picks in 13 weeks, and keeping 2 or 3 misses as "in it?" Choosing 20 would require picking teams twice, of course, but maybe having to pick 6 teams a 2nd time (limit picking a team twice, total) would mix things up a little. But I don't think I'd make it the player's choice--I think I'd make it like, "every other week" a two-team pick would be required. Or maybe the first week, and then every 3rd week thereafter. Or something like that. I think it would be fun to have the "double play" weeks in play; could really mess you up.

The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, please.

aTm.

Also, I really like your rule change idea for next year. Although it seems like we get one or two weeks a year where every team is playing a conference game. You could be extra cruel and designate that your double play week. Cruel, but it seems like we get too many people rolling from week to week, barring weird circumstances (thanks South Alabama).

Alternatively, you might think about limiting the number of FCS opponents you can use, just like bowl eligibility. Maybe even having a minimum number of conference opponents to be eligible to win.

Quote Originally Posted by SalsaKat View Post
    Alternatively, you might think about limiting the number of FCS opponents you can use, just like bowl eligibility. Maybe even having a minimum number of conference opponents to be eligible to win.
    I like that idea, too. I mostly have looked for creampuff games; but it really gets the juices flowing if you have to pick an SEC v SEC game. Even if it is a bottom half type SEC team, you know there's a chance they'll knock off a team in the upper half. Maybe too much of a chance .

Doc has a lot of options to play with....

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Doc, I meant to play the "Undefeated Elimination Game" this year, and didn't get ready in time. Especially if we have a reasonable amount of players playing--less than 25-30--it would not be hard to monitor. I will try to remember next year; I think it would be a cool sideline to the SEC Survivor Game.

For SEC Survivor--maybe 2 strikes and you're out, rather than 3? As somebody that missed the first week, I like the fact that one miss won't eliminate you . But maybe two is enough?

Just throwing this out for discussion--what about requiring 20 picks in 13 weeks, and keeping 2 or 3 misses as "in it?" Choosing 20 would require picking teams twice, of course, but maybe having to pick 6 teams a 2nd time (limit picking a team twice, total) would mix things up a little. But I don't think I'd make it the player's choice--I think I'd make it like, "every other week" a two-team pick would be required. Or maybe the first week, and then every 3rd week thereafter. Or something like that. I think it would be fun to have the "double play" weeks in play; could really mess you up.
    Last year I think was also 3 strikes. Should start to lose more players here soon. Keep in mind, we are half way thru the season. Those in at the end will do the bowl thing like last year to determine the winner.

Some didn't like the "double play" last year so I dumped it. I did like it though, so considered putting it back. I also like the idea that you have to pick every school at least once hence you need one double play week.
    Last edited by Doc; 10-25-2016 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SalsaKat View Post
    aTm.

Also, I really like your rule change idea for next year. Although it seems like we get one or two weeks a year where every team is playing a conference game. You could be extra cruel and designate that your double play week. Cruel, but it seems like we get too many people rolling from week to week, barring weird circumstances (thanks South Alabama).

I thought about restricting it to SEC vs SEC games. Seems like S. Carolina vs Northwestern La State Institute of Fabric Design is too easy a pick to get rid of you S. C. choice. The only problem is that early in the year there might not be a week where there are any SEC vs SEC games.

I thought about restricting it to SEC vs SEC games. Seems like S. Carolina vs Northwestern La State Institute of Fabric Design is too easy a pick to get rid of you S. C. choice. The only problem is that early in the year there might not be a week where there are any SEC vs SEC games.
    Just recapped the year. If we did SEC vs SEC only

Week 1 would have had 2 games to pick (MS vs FL and SC vs VU)
    Week 2 would have had 2 games to pick (UK vs FL and SC vs MSU)
    Week 3 would have had 5 games
    week 4 would have had 5 games

So that seems reasonable. Plan on next year being SEC vs SEC games only. If it turns out there are no SEC vs SEC games, we will cross that bridge at the time.

Maybe just FBS games then? You'd still unload most of your schedule on creampuffs, but they might not be as... creamy? Boy, that doesn't sound right.

I'm all for whatever you guys decide....But give me Mississippi State this week.

Mississippi State

I does seem like you had more monkey wrenches to throw in the works last year Doc.