Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Yahtzee! Cedric Dort commits to UK today

Yahtzee! Cedric Dort commits to UK today

3* cornerback committed to Kentucky over Iowa State, USF, Wake Forest, Cincinnati and Rutgers. Had 22 verbal offers per 247sports.com.

Eddie Gran grabbed the guy out of south Florida. UK's 12th verbal commit of 2017.

Re: Yahtzee! Cedric Dort commits to UK today

Jon Hale story on him points out he's a 3* Scout.com recruit, and a 2* Rivals.com recruit. Still, the offer sheet looked pretty strong. Also included Syracuse and Wisconsin.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...s-uk/87957212/

So if he decommits, do we do an anti-Yahtzee? Like "Eezthay!" or something?

I shouldn't be so cynical about decommits.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

lol--I don't even know if we even do Yahtzee anymore. Was that copyrighted? Are we stealing the recruiting rally cry now?

I note that he says he's going to decide where he's going to take his official visits, so as usual, glad to get the commit, but as is the norm, gotta consider it always a bit tentative anyway.

The 247Sports Composite Team Rankings have Kentucky # 46 in the nation, and # 12 in the SEC at this point, for 2017. Not horrible, but would like it to be better. A good year and we may see an uptick. I'd like to see consistent top 25 recruiting rankings. I think we could do it year in and year out, and start stockpiling SEC talent, so we're not so dependent if one of them doesn't pan out, or there is attrition somewhere.

It might end up a bit lie because we'll probably only sign18-20 guts, but we do need to be a bit higher. Maybe we can find a good lineman or two

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    It might end up a bit lie because we'll probably only sign18-20 guts, but we do need to be a bit higher. Maybe we can find a good lineman or two
    Really good point. Our ceiling will be lower due to numbers, regardless.

You would think Stoops would know about dbs if nothing else

Fab Five

17 or 18 signees won't get you much more than top 50, but that assumes you don't have a lot of 2 and 3 stars. It won't impact next year, but after this year's junior class moves on we could be hurting.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    The 247Sports Composite Team Rankings have Kentucky # 46 in the nation, and # 12 in the SEC at this point, for 2017. Not horrible, but would like it to be better. A good year and we may see an uptick. I'd like to see consistent top 25 recruiting rankings. I think we could do it year in and year out, and start stockpiling SEC talent, so we're not so dependent if one of them doesn't pan out, or there is attrition somewhere.
    This is why optimism is not as good as we would like. Kentucky is getting better but so are the other SEC teams we play every year. It is hard to win against any SEC team.

I'll say it, sounds like a diamond in the rough.

You can,t sign more than the 85 schlarship limit allows. I don,t think we have any, maybe one or two commits less than a three star in the services. And as always the rankings are far from perfect

Quote Originally Posted by ukblue View Post
    I'll say it, sounds like a diamond in the rough.
    I see him as underrated as well.

Rupp's Runt

I am very satisfied with our recruiting, it hasn't been this good in forever. Dort looks like a good catch out of Florida. What I am 100% dissatisfied with has been the lack of positive results. THAT is what needs to change this season. If that doesn't begin to change this season, then we will be back to Square One. We don't want to see that.
    MOLON LABE!