Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xiaomi Mi Band 2 - $33

Xiaomi MI Band 3... Can't wait to see what they'll do with it.

http:/www.gizchina.com/2017/01/16/xiaomi-mi-band-3-with-new-design/

Re: Xiaomi Mi Band 2 - $33

I'm looking at this one (http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_605853.html) since it has all the heart parameter like rate, pressure as well as O2 to go along with sleep monitoring.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I'm looking at this one (http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_605853.html) since it has all the heart parameter like rate, pressure as well as O2 to go along with sleep monitoring.
    The problem with many of these is that they don't work nearly as well as they claim. Xiaomi has fought a hard road to get their bands accepted by over delivering on their claims and demonstrating that they not only work well but they are adding features to them. With smaller companies and lesser reputations, it becomes more of a crap shoot.

Number: LT720770231CN
    Package Status: In Transit
    Destination Country: United States
    2017-01-17 05:57 ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Facility, Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 5:57 am on January 17, 2017.
    2017-01-13 10:11 CHINA, SHENZHEN EMS, Processed Through Facility
    2017-01-12 18:32 Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
    2017-01-12 18:32 CHINA, Acceptance
    Origin Country: China
    2017-01-12 18:32 深圳市, 深圳市大冲速递营销已收件(揽投员姓名:张培艺,联系电话:13602628171)
    ======================================
    Powered by www.17track.net

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Number: LT720770231CN
    Package Status: In Transit
    Destination Country: United States
    2017-01-17 05:57 ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Facility, Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 5:57 am on January 17, 2017.
    2017-01-13 10:11 CHINA, SHENZHEN EMS, Processed Through Facility
    2017-01-12 18:32 Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
    2017-01-12 18:32 CHINA, Acceptance
    Origin Country: China
    2017-01-12 18:32 深圳市, 深圳市大冲速递营销已收件(揽投员姓名:张培艺,联系电话:13602628171)
    ======================================
    Powered by www.17track.net
    Not bad, you should have your device within a week.

I'm very pleased with that progress. I know there's a lot of luck with it when you order there, but I'm fine with whatever time it takes anyway.

Got it Saturday at the office, but was out yesterday so just opened it today. Love the instructions .

Bombino

Got it Saturday at the office, but was out yesterday so just opened it today. Love the instructions .
    I don't think I even read the instructions. I don't remember them anyways. That being said, let me know how you like the band after wearing it a few weeks.

Instructions are completely in Chinese. At least, I think that's the language.

Easy to set up. Unpaired the 1S, had to clear the cache and data and reboot the phone, but then an easy set up with the Mi Fit app. Have to run now so I can't set it up for any specific things, but looking forward to seeing what all it can do.

Pedro, I have MI Fit app, but from Play Store. Am I missing something by not having the app from Xiaomi? Do you have a link, if I need it?

Bombino

Pedro, I have MI Fit app, but from Play Store. Am I missing something by not having the app from Xiaomi? Do you have a link, if I need it?
    Initially, there was a big issue with the Play Store version HEAVILY lagging behind the Xiaomi version by months. This is when I switched to the Xiaomi version. As the MiBand 2 has become more popular in the USA, they have gotten much better about it. Now, the Play Store version usually lags the Xiaomi version by a couple of weeks at the most. The only other issue is that you don't get EVERY single update. For example, the Xiaomi version might go from 2.1.10 to 2.1.16 in steps, but on the play store you might only get 2.1.10, 2.1.14, and 2.1.16. This isn't a huge deal though, because often times the ones they skip are the ones they release a new feature and are working on getting the bugs out. The BIGGEST issue, and it is pro-Play Store Version, is that the Chinese version doesn't have Google Fit syncing, instead it has syncing with Chinese services (QQ, Weibo, WeChat). Because the updates are mostly on par with each other, I have considered moving back to the Play Store version. Checking on the playstore, the current version is 2.2.12, which is the same as the most recent version released by Xiaomi.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 01-25-2017 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks, Pedro. I'm never an early adopter on anything, as you know, and would prefer to play it safe anyhow.

I am enjoying it. It seems a little more comfortable than the other band as well. I'm not sure why. I may take them side by side and look a little more closely.

So far the early thoughts:

• I like the time. I didn't think I would, but I like having a "watch" on both hands, or the ability to see the time quickly.

• Pedometer...meh. Same as the old, though. Not accurate, but that's ok, I don't really care. I have tested and tested and tested the Fitbit zip I use, and it is very accurate. I have walked, jogged, treadmill, outdoor, etc. and it is good. Now, when I say "very accurate," heck, it might be 5% off, which is a lot. But I don't care, that's close enough for me. This one, like the other, is 30% off. Big deal, it's still a little indicator anyway. Glad I have it.

• The notification services are working fine. Caller ID for telephone calls has been excellent. SMS, not so much--mostly a "fail" so far. Maybe it'll get better. Rare that it identifies the contact or number that is sending. But that may be some setting I haven't done correctly. This is one of the big reasons I like the Xiaomi bands, so I keep my phone off all the time.

• I like seeing the heart rate/pulse on the wrist, as opposed to having to do it "with" my phone. Little thing like that I didn't think about.

I have to admit, I got nervous not taking it off when I took a shower, and I'm still not "all in" with it, but I've had two showers, and it has survived both.

If I could get the SMS "caller ID" function working well, and if beggars could be choosers, I'd like to see the caller ID function work a little more quickly (shows a ringing phone for a couple of seconds, then the caller ID starts to function. So I'm staring at it for 2-3 seconds at that point --EDIT--it's really more like 6 seconds. It's a long time. I just had a call, about 20 feet away from my phone. Did not get up, and started at the band. Took a long time before the Caller ID identified the call, which was one of my contacts. It worked, just took awhile). Oh, and I'd love to be able to tell if it is a "Reminder" that I set with a "G" google sign, rather than just the standard message screen for SMS or any other notification. But I ask a lot for a $20-30 item. It is phenomenal for the price point, and I do think it looks attractive.

I should add one more thing. You didn't miss out by not getting the "free" wrist band. It's an aquamarine, or light green color (seafoam?). Not my favorite (but the price was right).
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-26-2017 at 11:59 AM.

One other quick note--has been about two full days, and I'm at 92% battery power. If I get 4-5% loss per day, I'll be thrilled. 20-25 days would be outstanding with as much as it vibrates from the notifications, with the screen coming on as well.

Bombino

Thanks, Pedro. I'm never an early adopter on anything, as you know, and would prefer to play it safe anyhow.

I am enjoying it. It seems a little more comfortable than the other band as well. I'm not sure why. I may take them side by side and look a little more closely.

So far the early thoughts:

• I like the time. I didn't think I would, but I like having a "watch" on both hands, or the ability to see the time quickly.

• Pedometer...meh. Same as the old, though. Not accurate, but that's ok, I don't really care. I have tested and tested and tested the Fitbit zip I use, and it is very accurate. I have walked, jogged, treadmill, outdoor, etc. and it is good. Now, when I say "very accurate," heck, it might be 5% off, which is a lot. But I don't care, that's close enough for me. This one, like the other, is 30% off. Big deal, it's still a little indicator anyway. Glad I have it.

• The notification services are working fine. Caller ID for telephone calls has been excellent. SMS, not so much--mostly a "fail" so far. Maybe it'll get better. Rare that it identifies the contact or number that is sending. But that may be some setting I haven't done correctly. This is one of the big reasons I like the Xiaomi bands, so I keep my phone off all the time.

• I like seeing the heart rate/pulse on the wrist, as opposed to having to do it "with" my phone. Little thing like that I didn't think about.

I have to admit, I got nervous not taking it off when I took a shower, and I'm still not "all in" with it, but I've had two showers, and it has survived both.

If I could get the SMS "caller ID" function working well, and if beggars could be choosers, I'd like to see the caller ID function work a little more quickly (shows a ringing phone for a couple of seconds, then the caller ID starts to function. So I'm staring at it for 2-3 seconds at that point --EDIT--it's really more like 6 seconds. It's a long time. I just had a call, about 20 feet away from my phone. Did not get up, and started at the band. Took a long time before the Caller ID identified the call, which was one of my contacts. It worked, just took awhile). Oh, and I'd love to be able to tell if it is a "Reminder" that I set with a "G" google sign, rather than just the standard message screen for SMS or any other notification. But I ask a lot for a $20-30 item. It is phenomenal for the price point, and I do think it looks attractive.

I should add one more thing. You didn't miss out by not getting the "free" wrist band. It's an aquamarine, or light green color (seafoam?). Not my favorite (but the price was right).
    Pedometer seems reasonably OK for me, though I have heard it is really dependent on how much you move your arms. If you don't move them much (such as carrying stuff), then they can get a bit off.

I shower with it is pretty much daily and zero problems after many months. It is surprisingly just as waterproof as they claimed.

Mine has been pretty good at always receiving the name or number of the SMS received. Call's do have around a 3 second delay until you can see the number (based on my stopwatch).

The app "Notify & FItness for Mi Band" has a lot of custom stuff that you can do when it comes to reminders and notifications. For someone like you, that uses that function extensively I think that might be a must have app. One of the custom features is that you can select the icons that are used based on the app sending them. They don't have the G for google, but there are a bunch of icons which are chinese service focused which you can use instead for you reminders. It also allows you to snooze reminders and things like that.

One other quick note--has been about two full days, and I'm at 92% battery power. If I get 4-5% loss per day, I'll be thrilled. 20-25 days would be outstanding with as much as it vibrates from the notifications, with the screen coming on as well.
    Mine runs around 3% a day, but I must not get as many notifications as you.

I'm into my 11th day, and at 47%. As I said, I'm very pleased with that. It vibrates a lot with calls and notifications. I also check time with it (have it set to auto-time when I raise my arm--which will sometimes turn it on when I don't "need" it), check pulse rate a little, etc. Getting 20 days out of it, which is what it looks like I'll get, is terrific. Amazing battery power.

I have that Mi Fit & Notify App, Pedro, and use it with the official Mi Fit app. I'm probably cross-setting it somehow, someway, though. I do get a notification that says, "APP" when it's something like a Google Alert, as opposed to a text message. And the caller ID function is working pretty well (I was just on the phone with someone, and it vibrated with another call. I looked down at my wrist since I didn't want to take the phone away from my ear, and saw who was calling, as one of my contacts. That was pretty cool).

Day 15, and I'm at 19%, so roughly 5+% a day still. Maybe 19 days, maybe 20, whatever. Excellent.

I will charge it up at any time that I think about it--maybe tonight or tomorrow night. I hate having it run out and not be able to use it, so I'd rather charge it a little quicker, unless that hurts the battery power. Can't imagine it would much, even if at all. At this price, big deal if it does, right?

Dropped all the way to 10% tonight, so getting charged. I have no problem with that. If I had to charge it daily, or even every few days, that's too much hassle. But half a month? Even I am OK with that.

Bombino

By the way:

Charging cable for Xiaomi MiBand2 fo $0.35 with free shipping using coupon code: GB3RDCABLE A nice deal to get a backup cable or two.

http://www.gearbest.com/watch-access...81.html?wid=21

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    By the way:

Charging cable for Xiaomi MiBand2 fo $0.35 with free shipping using coupon code: GB3RDCABLE A nice deal to get a backup cable or two.

http://www.gearbest.com/watch-access...81.html?wid=21
    I have another one for the Mi Fit 1S, but I'm not sure if it's the same. Regardless, for $0.33, what's to lose?

In for one. I'll bring it to the office and leave it just in case I am incredibly low for some reason there.

Bombino

I have another one for the Mi Fit 1S, but I'm not sure if it's the same. Regardless, for $0.33, what's to lose?

In for one. I'll bring it to the office and leave it just in case I am incredibly low for some reason there.
    That's exactly what I am doing as well. Also ordered a new band because I pulled off damaging my band recently.