Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Have not been to the doctor in years.....

Have not been to the doctor in years.....

Just called to try to make an appointment for a checkup, and since I've been AWOL from my doctor, I'm treated as a new patient. So now they're deciding whether to accept me or not.

Man. I was in Montgomery, Alabama in 1989, and needed a physician, and one of the attorneys I worked with recommended his father's practice. There was a new physician on board there, and because the father was about to retire, and I was looking for someone to establish as my primary care physician, I went with the new physician in his practice. I lived there for two more years, then moved 90 miles to Birmingham. The same month, this physican moved to Birmingham, so I never had to change primary care physicians.

I've been a patient of his since 1989. Now they're deciding whether to accept me as a new patient or not.

I should've been sick more often. Or truthfully, received that "over 40" physical I should've received, and certainly the age 50 one. I am at fault for that, no doubt.

Re: Have not been to the doctor in years.....

medical care has become a nightmare. My last family doctor retired, turned the practice over to another guy, he just retired, now I have to go in as a "new patient".

Doctors are getting out b/c of all the government crap and it's making a mess of basic, everyday health care. The whole system stinks, for those in it as much or more than those of us who depend on it.

I've been really pleased with the care in hospitals, but the way bureaucracy and government work it can do OK there, but with the basic low overhead stuff you just need that's much harder and gets hurt the most.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

And no call today... Office closes at 4, I foolishly waited until 3:50 to call and they had already forwarded their calls to the answering service. So I will have to wait until Monday at least...

Re: Have not been to the doctor in years.....

I don't think I've been in ten years or more.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.