Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Maryland in talks with B1G

Maryland in talks with B1G

If a deal is reached, Rutgers has agreed to follow.

Carousel never stops spinning, does it?
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Re: Maryland in talks with B1G

The demise of the Big East as a football conference is on the horizon. For UL, if the Big 12 wouldn't take them when they took WVU, do you think they would take them now?

Tight sphincters in river city right now

UConn to ACC?

Quote Originally Posted by Badinage View Post
    UConn to ACC?
    That's the part I meant to add, if MD bolts UConn is the favorite to replace them. WV getting picked ahead of you isn't bad, and Rutgers has the NY market, but getting picked behind UConn? Ouch.

That said, the Big East champion will be the most likely of the "group of five" champs to get an automatic access bowl bid, so it's not like the status of the Big East changes *that* much, the difference is they have to be ranked higher than other conference champions rather than it being automatic. But most years I expect that to be true. Honestly it may be easier to get a bid that way than to win one of the big 5 conference championships. Although revenue distribution is another story altogether.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

WVU, Pitt, Cuse, Rutgers and UConn? If this rumor holds true, each of these BE teams got out while UL was working hard to find a new conference.

Boise State, SDSU and BYU are all trying to rejoin the Mountain West, if the Pac 12 takes Texas, the Oklahoma schools and 1 other Texas school killing the Big 12, TCU and the Kansas teams are gonna make the MWC a monster

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...rn-sources-say

Wow. It's an annual dance.

Andy Katz is now tweeting about UL being back in the hunt for the ACC spot. I still contend it will be UConn, and here's why:

Source: http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ignment-chaos/

And after a few weeks ago we all know the mysterious dark magic that Nate Silver possesses, so I wouldn't doubt him, lest ye be forever cursed.

And the above is why you see WVU in the Big 12 rather than UL.

I think the Metro conference should reform

The ACC is about to die...apparently people are taking the Virginia Tech ADs recent comments as they are in serious talks with the SEC

http://outkickthecoverage.com/virgin...est-in-sec.php

Of course it's already being denied...no surprise there

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ

RT @DavidTeelatDP: Just spoke w/#Hokies AD Jim Weaver about #SEC: "I just can't believe people are misrepresenting what I said."

I do believe the SEC would love to have Va Tech along with one of the NC schools to get to 16.

If that happens, Louisville would have its ACC ticket, for whatever that would be worth with what's left of that conference. Still a big upgrade though. Annual UL UNC basketball games would be epic.

Without Va tech and likely FSU, acc becomes another second rate conference...unless bball matters to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ram View Post
    Without Va tech and likely FSU, acc becomes another second rate conference...unless bball matters to you.
    "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... ha... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" --American sports viewers

Quote Originally Posted by ram View Post
    WITH FSU and Va Tech, ACC is on the threshold of second rate. I think the BE is top to bottom as good as the ACC this year. FSU is the best team in either conference, but after them ...