Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Honoring kingcat's idea. Post photos of the strangest things you have seen IRL

Freshman

Honoring kingcat's idea. Post photos of the strangest things you have seen IRL

Prime example is Little Pool House

Freshman

Re: Honoring kingcat's idea. Post photos of the strangest things you have seen IRL

Here is my contribution. Back in the late 2000's there was a flood situation in western KY that I was called to work on. During aome free time we drove around LBL to survey the damage and came upon a Loch Ness scene. A dragon climbing wall for kids had been mostly covered by flood waters (close to Patti's 1880 settlement) and brought Nessie to KY. image.jpg

Re: Honoring kingcat's idea. Post photos of the strangest things you have seen IRL

Great pic!

I have to stick with the double date I witnessed in Asheville, NC. on a riding lawn mower.
    We should have snapped a photo but we were too confused by it all.
    Hey...maybe they were the original owners of the Little pool house!

I'm certain more will come to mind though.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I'd pay good money to have a pic of a scene I saw in Key West on New Year's Day.

New Year's Eve is a big deal there, big party. Next day we're walking around and on a front porch of a house is a young cat, maybe a year, asleep but turned up on its back with its paws up in the air, eyes fully shut and practically snoring. The funny part is that it had done this with an empty beer bottle on one side of its head and an empty pack of smokes and an ashtray on the other. It looked just like some made up cute animal poster, but was absolutely not photoshop. I've always found that funny as heck.

Not as funny as the bunny with a pancake on its head, still the funniest thing ever, but it was very funny. I didn't have a phone back then that took pictures, so that's why I don't have it. How long ago was that?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I live minutes from San Francisco. I win, cause all y'all know we got the weirdest of all anywhere! I'm driving down Wednesday, if you need proof.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

And just in case, let's keep this thread going till Sep 25th

http://www.folsomstreetevents.org/folsomstreetfair/
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Back when I was in school in New Orleans, I was on Bourbon Street and the remaining outlet areas with a couple of buddies on Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras "Day"), and a camera. I took photos that should not have been developed. I still have them somewhere, but not sure I could post them even if I could find them.

Oh, I could probably post "some." I'm sure San Francisco and Key West have every bit as "interesting" scenarios as does Fat Tuesday in the French Quarter.

I never went back. Not once. I lived in New Orleans for five years, and that experienced scared me away from the city on Fat Tuesday every other year.

I love this photo.

Quote Originally Posted by dethbylt View Post
    Here is my contribution. Back in the late 2000's there was a flood situation in western KY that I was called to work on. During aome free time we drove around LBL to survey the damage and came upon a Loch Ness scene. A dragon climbing wall for kids had been mostly covered by flood waters (close to Patti's 1880 settlement) and brought Nessie to KY. image.jpg

I took the photo, but I neither saw a bus behind me, nor a girl in a white dress. Neither did my wife, who was with me, or children, there at the time.

Natalee Holloway.jpg

This pic was taken in Chattanooga, Tennessee, during a Chattanooga Ghost Tour.

Really cool tour guide, "Kevin," and this was his Underground Chattanooga stop. "Underground Chattanooga" is at the original level of the city, & ghosts, often dressed in period clothes, have been reported seen in those areas many times over the years. Kevin told us a story about some photos taken by a particular group of girls at this spot on his tour, where photos all around him all showed an orb at each side of his head. Of course, nobody saw anything prior to the photo being taken. Same for this photo.

First photo is the original photo; second is a blow-up if you have difficulty seeing the anomaly.

Chattanooga Ghost Walk pic.jpg

Chattanooga Ghost Walk pic blow-up.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I took the photo, but I neither saw a bus behind me, nor a girl in a white dress. Neither did my wife, who was with me, or children, there at the time.

Natalee Holloway.jpg
    I remember you posting that once before. It is, to this day, still one of the photographic mysteries I can not solve. As I recall it is a digital photo correct?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Big Red snack

Attachment 5661
    seeya
    dan

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Big Red snack

Attachment 5661
    Big Red kinda reminds me of the Canadians from South Park

I remember you posting that once before. It is, to this day, still one of the photographic mysteries I can not solve. As I recall it is a digital photo correct?
    It is, Dan.

I'm convinced there's something I'm missing, that somehow digital photos got polluted somehow or another for the bus, but it is strange.

The girl in the dress could have been some light reflection hitting just right or something. Both together, just weird. Take enough photos and something weird will show up.

Big Red snack

Attachment 5661
    This made me grin.

Freshman

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Big Red kinda reminds me of the Canadians from South Park
    Hey Terrance, what does the WKU mascot say to the young fan?" "What, Phillip?"

Ppppppppffffft!

It's a full sized hamburger bun!!

$5.25...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 08-02-2016 at 08:06 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

All right, where can that be purchased? Love me some chicken fried steak. Can one get white gravy with it?
    seeya
    dan

All right, where can that be purchased? Love me some chicken fried steak. Can one get white gravy with it?
    One of my favorites. White gravy makes it great.

Let's go!

Too much lettuce on it for my taste...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Bombino
    Reminds me a bit of Charlie's Fish Market in lexington with their crazy large fish sandwich.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

This isn't that strange, I guess, but I was behind this car at a stop light a couple of hours ago and took a picture of the license plate.

ForumRunner_20160803_181752.jpg

20160803_165012-1.jpg

20160803_165012-1-1.jpg

Wonder if that's my old soundman?

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I was driving down the road several years ago, minding my own business, when I heard the hrrumppphh of the burner and looked to my right across a wheat field to spot this hot air balloon slowly headed my way. I pulled over and waited a bit to get this shot. Not everyday one sees a hot air balloon drifting along about 150 feet off the ground.

Attachment 5672
    seeya
    dan

Very cool pic, Dan. Looks like a stock commercial photo it is so pristine.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Wonder if that's my old soundman?
    Does FEEDBCS have a meaning I'm missing? I feel like it does...

"Feedbacks", the bane of every musician...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

AHHHH, thank you!

I was wondering how you might FEED the Bowl Championship Series. I feel so stupid.

OK I will stop with this one. I made many trips past this scene on the east side of I-75
    at Monroe, Ohio which is between Cincy and Dayton. Stopped one day to take a pic. Kinda glad I did as it is no longer there. Lightning strike set it on fire and it was badly damaged. The Church decided not to repair it and replaced it with a nice statue that is not nearly as dramatic of an image as this one.

Edited to add that truckers, and locals alike always knew where you were if you said anything about "Sinking Jesus"

Attachment 5673
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 08-03-2016 at 09:18 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I always thought of it as Heywood Banks did, as Big Butter Jesus.

People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.