Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Man walked on the moon 47 years ago today

Man walked on the moon 47 years ago today

I've been following @ReliveApollo11 on Twitter--it provides "real time" (same date/time) updates. Lots of neat "updates" today.

Just a great reminder that, during an earlier time of worldwide upheaval and violence, people could still pull together for a common cause and achieve great things.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: Man walked on the moon 47 years ago today

Wow.

That's a cool thing to follow via twitter. It has become my "go-to" thing for many news and sports areas. I don't know what that says about me that I'm content with 140-character updates (with occasional chasing of links, I guess), but it fits my lifestyle.

I remember sitting on the floor in my folks living room watching the black and white video from the moon and listening to Walter Cronkite's commentary. I had listened to the audio of the landing of the LEM with my heart in my throat, and this moment, from the opening of the LEM's egress hatch to the first step on the lunar surface was no different. Armstrong's first words from the moon allowed me to breath again.

Mind bobbling to me that they accomplished all that using the computing power of a Texas Instrument Scientific pocket calculator.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I remember the first moon walk vividly. We were visiting my aunt in upstate NY. I was just shy of my 6th birthday. Its one of the few things in history that I recall where I was when it happened. The others being 4th of July 1976 (the bicentennial), Dec 31 1999, 9/11 and the Challenger explosion.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.