Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Wrong direction

Wrong direction

A new Rasmussen poll indicates nearly three out of every four Americans feel the country is heading in the wrong direction. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...or_wrong_track

I suspect this would have been much worse had it overlapped with the New Orleans murders.

Re: Wrong direction

Had the GOP not been so fractured and nominated almost anyone else in the field except Trump i'd about guarantee a GOP victory over Hillary. We seem to have nominated the one guy who may actually insure the country keeps heading badly the wrong way.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Had the GOP not been so fractured and nominated almost anyone else in the field except Trump i'd about guarantee a GOP victory over Hillary. We seem to have nominated the one guy who may actually insure the country keeps heading badly the wrong way.
    If the GOP establishment was more interested in defeating Hillary and less worried about keeping the ruling elite in place the Trump victory would be a landslide.

Fab Five

The GOP establishment is doing to Trump what the radical conservatives did to McCain and Romney. Ann Coulter, among others, was perfectly willing to sit on her butt and let Obama get elected twice. The GOP has outlived any useful purpose. We should go the way of the European countries. Have 4 or 5 political parties who have to cooperate with each other to come up with a ruling majority. You might actually have had political parties this year led by Trump and Sanders come together. Oh to be as Great as France, Belgium, or Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    If the GOP establishment was more interested in defeating Hillary and less worried about keeping the ruling elite in place the Trump victory would be a landslide.
    No way. Clinton and Trump are both too unpopular to ever produce a landslide.

Plus, that 75% wrong track is partly made up of those who fear that Trump may win.

Personally, I think this country is beyond repair, but it's more about how soft we want to land.

That's exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    No way. Clinton and Trump are both too unpopular to ever produce a landslide.

Plus, that 75% wrong track is partly made up of those who fear that Trump may win.

Personally, I think this country is beyond repair, but it's more about how soft we want to land.
    No doubt a lot of them are Bernie supporters as well, who see that Hillary and the Democrats as well as the GOP establishment are both out for themselves and the concentration of their power and don't care much about average Americans or the nation as a whole.

Trump is the wrong man for the right reasons. The nation desperately needs a change that sweeps out the old guard of both parties. The Democrats would have likely had a huge battle with Sanders if not for the superdelgate system they put in place after McGovern, and Trump has the GOP establishment off pouting in their mansions this week b/c they arent' in charge.

But more of Obama or Hillary or any other establishment hack is a very bad thing, and while Trump is not an establishment person in many ways he's got a heap load of other issues.

Given the situation I can't figure out what morons are making up the other 25% regardless of political ideology, b/c right now there is no good choice for anyone with any sense and surely no one on either side of the aisle thinks things are going along well for us.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

No doubt a lot of them are Bernie supporters as well, who see that Hillary and the Democrats as well as the GOP establishment are both out for themselves and the concentration of their power and don't care much about average Americans or the nation as a whole.

Trump is the wrong man for the right reasons. The nation desperately needs a change that sweeps out the old guard of both parties. The Democrats would have likely had a huge battle with Sanders if not for the superdelgate system they put in place after McGovern, and Trump has the GOP establishment off pouting in their mansions this week b/c they arent' in charge.

But more of Obama or Hillary or any other establishment hack is a very bad thing, and while Trump is not an establishment person in many ways he's got a heap load of other issues.

Given the situation I can't figure out what morons are making up the other 25% regardless of political ideology, b/c right now there is no good choice for anyone with any sense and surely no one on either side of the aisle thinks things are going along well for us.
    I was really saddened that the Libertarians didn't bring some noise. Johnson is maybe ok, but they could have probably snagged someone with more name recognition who coukd make a real move for as a third party threat - which goodness knows we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeepcat View Post
    I was really saddened that the Libertarians didn't bring some noise. Johnson is maybe ok, but they could have probably snagged someone with more name recognition who coukd make a real move for as a third party threat - which goodness knows we need.
    I have great hope for Libertarianism, almost none for the Libertarian party. They're far too stuck in the purity of their Libertarianism to get organized, close ranks and make a move. While I might agree that technically having regulations like professional business barriers to entry for everyone from lawyers to plumbers is intervention in the market, that stuff is way down the list to the point we need not even have it on the list.

Reagan was successful applying basically Libertarian ideals of free markets and free minds to traditional Republican notions of strong foreign policy. While Rand paul's version is more consistent with Libertarianism it's not a formula for broad appeal.

The right person right now could have turned the GOP on its ear the right way, whereas Trump has done it the wrong way. In many ways its better than nothing, but we desperately need someone who can really deliver the message. It would appeal to a lot of people, more than enough to convincingly win national elections.

Wrong direction

Ditto.

Agree with all but a landslide victory. There are too many folks who want and get free stuff from the government who have a vested interest in keeping the money pipeline going. When nearly half the population isn't paying any share of the taxes (federal income) while believing the rich "don't pay their fair share", and the left promises you that a) they will keep that $ coming and b) the GOP's goal is to shut it off for even those who need it, there won't be a landslide. There is a huge percentage of the population that will vote for a lying cheating self servicing career politician who is a democrat over anything with associated with the republican party.
    Last edited by Doc; 07-21-2016 at 07:44 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    The GOP establishment is doing to Trump what the radical conservatives did to McCain and Romney. Ann Coulter, among others, was perfectly willing to sit on her butt and let Obama get elected twice. The GOP has outlived any useful purpose. We should go the way of the European countries. Have 4 or 5 political parties who have to cooperate with each other to come up with a ruling majority. You might actually have had political parties this year led by Trump and Sanders come together. Oh to be as Great as France, Belgium, or Germany.
    The establishment segment of the republican party is showing how selfish and self serving they are. People are sick and tired of the same old rehashed politicians which is the only reason for Trumps emergence. Establishment republicans have ignored what the populace of the party wants, instead electing to circle the wagons to protect themselves. In many ways they are no better then the Clinton democrats

And as I suspected, Mick wants to turn America into Europe.....just like Obama (LOL)
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I'd vote for Penn Jillette - John Stossel ticket, or Stossel Jillette

Stossel doesn't think Libertarians will ever be cohesive enough to mount a legitimate challenge.

Stossel doesn't think Libertarians will ever be cohesive enough to mount a legitimate challenge.
    he is correct

Obama was that guy, more or less too. Although people would argue whether the right or wrong man, but for the most part he represented a change that many wanted Americans wanted(and needed), but once elected, practically everything that he wanted to pass was either blocked or compromised.

There isn't ONE person on earth that can deal with the fractured political system as it exists today. Trump will be a colossal failure(at least in terms of what he thinks he'll be able to do), and Hillary isn't going to be able to do anything either. Sanders would have got absolutely nothing passed, because I'm not sure his platform even allows for compromise.

Change needs to come from getting all people out of Congress. That's the problem, and it's on both sides.

Change needs to come from getting all people out of Congress. That's the problem, and it's on both sides.
    That would be a good start but if they do not put rules in place that prevents big money influence peddling in Washington among the newly elected crowd, the honeymoon will be a short one.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    That would be a good start but if they do not put rules in place that prevents big money influence peddling in Washington among the newly elected crowd, the honeymoon will be a short one.
    The Clintons represent influence peddling on steroids.