Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime Day

Bombino

Amazon Prime Day

Some decent deals this year, nothing screaming but it doesn't feel like a garage sale of crap like last years did.

SanDisk 480GB SSD $94.99

SanDisk 960GB SSD $164.99
    . Though you can knock-off $30 if you have an Amazon Prime Visa card, bringing it down to $134.99 which is a damn good price for this drive

@BigD - Sandisk Extreme SD CARD (NOT MICROSD) 40MB/write speed 90MB/read speed) for $12/32GB, $22/64GB, $42/128GB

SanDisk USB3.0 128GB USB Flash Drive for $23.00

InstaPot 6-Quart electric pressure cooker with yogurt function - $69.99 (this is a steal of a deal if you want one because it is usually over $100)

OCZ Triton 150 480GB SSD $88
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 07-12-2016 at 09:05 AM.

Re: Amazon Prime Day

Pedro, thanks! I have picked up several in the last week or so from Fry's and "regular" Amazon, since I was on vacation last week and needed it, but I am picking up 3 more at that price. It's not just rock bottom, but it looks like a great SD card that will easily do all I want, and more, and with upcoming plays, soccer season, show choir competitions, and video auditions for college, I don't think I can have too many.

What the heck is a "Pantry Credit?"

I opted for no-rush shipping on it (I don't need them anytime soon anyway), and got a $5.99 Pantry Credit. Probably won't use whatever that means, but I figure if it's offered, and it doesn't hurt me, why not?

Bombino
    Totally read that as you asking "What the heck is a 'Panty Credit'?"

The credit is for Amazon Pantry. They ship food stuffs and things like that. I don't think I have ever used them.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Bombino
    Picked up a new kindle paperwhite, since I gave my gf my previous one. Got it in white this time. Also picked up a 128gb SD card for my phone.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 07-12-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Just 3 SD cards. Good buy, not screaming, but needed anyway.

Bombino

Fire Tablet 3-Pack for $90 ($30 a tablet). Great for families with small children or just to have beater tablets for locations like the garage or in the car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ICC6I76/

I was sorely tempted by the deals Pedro listed, and others (they had a Dremel regularly $78 on sale for $56, for example). But ultimately I abstained. Lots of "wants" at decent discounts, but no "must haves" or stupid-crazy discounts for me.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

No must-haves here either.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

I would've refrained, but I now have 4 new SD cards that have fast write speeds that are all 32gb, and 4 new 64gb micro-SD cards with high write speeds. This fall I expect to have numerous soccer games to video, a musical audition, one musical, and several performances of various sorts. Yeah, I know they are "reusable," but I figured this would give me enough where I wouldn't have to dump right away, would have backups, etc. They are all going in my camcorder bag, not to be confused with the numerous SD cards (and a couple micro-SD cards) I have for my camera.

Has anyone seen any really good deals today?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Not really.

Daughter is closing on her first house Thursday and the timing is good for a Simplisafe security system. Those sale prices are very good, but you have to be in the market for that.

I wish that I was in the market for a new Kindle Paperwhite, as the price on it is very good and it is now waterproof (and has been for awhile--I just have an old one). I can't justify buying a new one just for that, though.

I have seen several articles on "the best deals" for Prime Day, best under $100, best tech deals, etc. but nothing really stood out for me.

Have you seen anything in particular?

^Not really. I'm looking for some smart home deals (smart locks, doorbells, etc.) and seen some discounts but nothing so low it knocks my socks off.

So decided to purchase an Alexa/Home Kit-enabled control box for our irrigation system, about 40% off:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

May get a video doorbell, also. Anyone have any recommendations?

Amazon Prime Day

^ Not really. We have Ring Doorbell. Not sure it's any better than anything else, but it seems to be popular, and easy enough to install that I did it a few years ago.

Got the Ring Doorbell 2 for 25% off. Probably wouldn't have done it right then but Mrs. BEvans has Let It Be Known that she wants one.

So the tally ended up being:

4 LED Alexa enabled light bulbs

Ring doorbell

Alexa-enabled irrigation control panel

2 months of Paramount+ for 99 cents (want to watch 1883, the Yellowstone prequel)

Not bad for someone who wasn't thrilled with the selection.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 07-14-2022 at 08:08 AM.

I could not decide euffy from ring so did neither. Did get some alexa light bulbs and an outlet so I can turn off the bedside lights at night and the radio when I wake up.

More to come

Happy Prime Day to all those who observe.

I just got an Apple Watch Series 8 45mm Aluminum for $309 (regularly $429). My Series 2 finally went to Apple Watch Heaven a couple of months ago, so good timing for me.

Anybody else finding anything good?
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 07-11-2023 at 08:17 AM.

I received an Apple Watch SE as a belated birthday gift. It’s not quite as good a deal as yours, but I think it is $50 off, so that’s still good

Amazon Prime Day

Haven't had a chance to look today. Need a 50 or 55 inch basic TV, cheap, Roku. Those aren't expensive every day, can usually get one around $250 if you look, but I wouldn't mind finding either a better one for the same price or similar for less.

^Not seeing a lot of great TV deals, which is surprising. Here's one on a 55" Amazon Fire 4K UHD for $339:

https://www.amazon.com/amazon-fire-t...%2C189&sr=8-17

I prefer the Roku interface.

Amazon Prime Day

Thanks for looking. I didn't see any articles saying TVs would be one of the big bargains, so that sounds consistent. I'll wait. It will replace a 43" Philips TV that my wife says doesn't need to be replaced, so that's what I'm working with lol.

So I spent real money today. I have been investigating generators for months now for the truck camper a/c. Of course Honda at 4X the price was first in most lists. And I have looked at used several times. They are very quiet, But they don’t have dual fuel and I want to run with propane. Just one additional fuel, truck diesel and camper propane. Today one I have been looking at for months dropped by almost half from normal discount. So roughly $550 for 4250 starting 3500 running I think will power fridge and a/c but not also microwave. I can remember to turn off a/c for microwave run times but it remains to be seen if dukegirl can. I saw about a dozen propane at the concert campground, and many many dozen gasoline. Propane is much better for engine longevity, the exhaust is far far more benign smelling, it stores, and it’s not stinky when I have to haul the genny and the fuel. I’m happy now but it has to get here safely.

BigSky, what’s the price difference per hour run time on propane vs gasoline?

Or how long would a grill-sized tank run it?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post

Not as long as with gasoline. Nor as many watts as with gasoline. I will check real quick. And post again

Using gasoline, the 224cc Champion engine produces 4250 starting watts and 3500 running watts, and will run for 22 hours at 25% load when the 4.0-gallon fuel tank is full. It produces 3825 starting watts and 3150 running watts, and will run for 14 hours at 25% load when using a 20-pound propane tank.

So half as efficient (2/3 run time and 9/10 power.)

I hope to get 2 days on a $20 tank. Not as hot here in Montana.

The truck camper a/c is much smaller than my 5th wheel was. But not Honda smaller.

That’s really interesting. Probably not really as practical for home use as gas but I could definitely see the advantages on the road.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

It is dual fuel so it runs on gas too. For me the advantages of storage in winter, no need to drain the gas out, no storage of gas in the garage, or haul gas in the truck cab, argues for propane. And my truck is diesel so it’s one less fuel. And the propane also runs the camper stove and fridge, outside grill, even a fireplace/campfire in a wood fire ban.

I have not found one as quiet as those little Hondas.

Built in gennys in campers and 5th wheels run on propane.

I checked the box on some camping/road trip items that have been on the list to watch for some price cuts. Picked up a refrigerator/freezer cooler, a portable ice-maker, upgraded some grilling accessories, and a cordless vacuum for the auto. All for about $240, which was just a slight bit higher than I've been seeing the coolers go for and prepared to spend. Basically got the ice maker for free.

Now, I'm looking for a portable power station/generator and solar panels that can run my essentials and the above.