Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Big Blue Nation lost a friend this morning

Big Blue Nation lost a friend this morning

A good friend of ours here in Birmingham passed away this morning. Bart was a diehard Kentucky basketball fan, and followed recruiting much more intently than I ever have.

I will greatly miss him asking me after Church if Kentucky was going to get Marques Bolden or whoever. His son is studying to be a priest, and he is also a diehard Kentucky fan here in Birmingham.

Bart is a little younger than me. Had a heart attack and all kind of complications that did not allow him to return from the hospital, where he peacefully passed away this morning after struggling for the last couple of weeks.

My wife had a dream about him last night she told my daughter this morning. She said we were at a sport event. He looked really healthy. He said he was there to watch the game but then had to go back to the hospital.

We didn't find out he passed away until a few minutes ago.

God bless him, his wife and all of their children.

Re: Big Blue Nation lost a friend this morning

Sorry about the loss of your friend D.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    A good friend of ours here in Birmingham passed away this morning. Bart was a diehard Kentucky basketball fan, and followed recruiting much more intently than I ever have.

I will greatly miss him asking me after Church if Kentucky was going to get Marques Bolden or whoever. His son is studying to be a priest, and he is also a diehard Kentucky fan here in Birmingham.

Bart is a little younger than me. Had a heart attack and all kind of complications that did not allow him to return from the hospital, where he peacefully passed away this morning after struggling for the last couple of weeks.

My wife had a dream about him last night she told my daughter this morning. She said we were at a sport event. He looked really healthy. He said he was there to watch the game but then had to go back to the hospital.

We didn't find out he passed away until a few minutes ago.

God bless him, his wife and all of their children.
    Sorry to hear that Big D.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Big Blue Nation lost a friend this morning

Condolences to you and his family, Darrell.
    MOLON LABE!

Thoughts and prayers to his family, and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire