Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Why LGBT community should back Trump

Why LGBT community should back Trump

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Why LGBT community should back Trump

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...nti-gay-pastor

"Donald Trump, who has in recent days called himself the best presidential candidate for the gay community, retweeted a photo of himself standing next to anti-gay Pastor Robert Jeffress Friday.

Jeffress, who is known for his anti-LGBT sentiments and controversial views on the Mormon faith, tweeted the photo Friday after meeting at Trump's rally in Dallas...

...But his newest friend, Jeffress, has previously linked homosexuality and pedophilia and compared being gay to bestiality.

In February 2015, he was quoted saying the gay rights movement would "pave the way for that future world dictator, the Antichrist."
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Oh, if we're going to vote for candidates based on the people who come to them for photo ops or the people they loosely associate with, Hillary is toast. How much money has lined her pockets from people who stone gay people to death? In her first Senate race she was opposed to gay marriage, now she claims to have invented that idea along with the internet.

During the primaries they dug up stuff he said that was too pro-gay, now a photo op with a guy at a rally means he's anti-gay?

Trump has a TON of issues, not the least of which is he doesn't know when to shut up or how to stay on message, but he's not anti-gay. He's surely not PC at all, and I'd go so far as to say he's anti-Muslim (but that's becoming less and less of a fringe view in the US), but he's not anti-gay.

It's not like we have to make stuff up against either of these candidates, they both have so many clear negatives that we should all just admit that no matter who we're voting for in this election we're doing the nation a disservice.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 06-18-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Oh, if we're going to vote for candidates based on the people who come to them for photo ops or the people they loosely associate with, Hillary is toast. How much money has lined her pockets from people who stone gay people to death? In her first Senate race she was opposed to gay marriage, now she claims to have invented that idea along with the internet.

During the primaries they dug up stuff he said that was too pro-gay, now a photo op with a guy at a rally means he's anti-gay?

Trump has a TON of issues, not the least of which is he doesn't know when to shut up or how to stay on message, but he's not anti-gay. He's surely not PC at all, and I'd go so far as to say he's anti-Muslim (but that's becoming less and less of a fringe view in the US), but he's not anti-gay.

It's not like we have to make stuff up against either of these candidates, they both have so many clear negatives that we should all just admit that no matter who we're voting for in this election we're doing the nation a disservice.
    http://www.npr.org/2016/06/18/482500...t-some-answers

"Ask the gays what they think and what they do, in, not only Saudi Arabia, but many of these countries, and then you tell me — who's your friend, Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton?"

We're not even going to touch the fact that he used "the" in a strange way with those words, a thing he's done before when referencing other minority groups, like the Latinos, or the blacks. What stood out most, besides that precariously placed definite article, was the question: "Ask the gays."

Well, the gays answered. It was an exercise in Gay GIF (and Vines, and stills) Magic...

..."Trump: "I'm much better for the gays. Ask them." #askthegays

The gays:"...

..."Donald Trump: Ask the gays

The Gays:"...

There was a certain power on display in all the tweets, and in the LGBTQ community's ability to not just speak for itself, but to find humor in a painful week, when politicians could be seen as using gays and lesbians as political props. But there is also a more serious undercurrent to #AskTheGays — how, why, and how quickly an entire group can become political footballs in moments of such distress...

..."@realDonaldTrump says #AskTheGays and #TheGaysSay:"...

..."When @realDonaldTrump begs for our approval #AskTheGays pic.twitter.com/v5O8Y2Mxya"...

..."Trump in Atlanta: #AskTheGays!

The gays: pic.twitter.com/5vAeDjevf4"...

...To be fair, both Clinton's and Trump's records on LGBTQ issues are up for debate. Trump has spoken less disparagingly of gays and lesbians than he has of other minority and affinity groups, though he has opposed issues like same-sex marriage. He has said he would allow transgender people to use any bathroom at Trump Tower, but also argued that states should be allowed to decide their own policies concerning bathrooms for transgender individuals.

Hillary Clinton has gained the endorsement of most major LGBTQ organizations, and has campaigned with her support of same-sex marriage and transgender rights. But she did not always support same-sex marriage, and has made some missteps with the LGBTQ community before — most recently during the funeral of Nancy Reagan, when she argued that Reagan had helped advance the nation's conversation on AIDS. (Nancy Reagan's husband was actually silent on AIDS for years.)"
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Not much news there Krank. Donald comes off as he does on everything, and Hillary's "mis-steps" include a complete sea change in her beliefs when it was politically expedient just like she does on everything.

Like I said, both have plenty of warts. Trump is somewhere between not politically correct and not right in the head, and Hillary is a career opportunist who promises anyone anything if she thinks it will get her ahead.

But she's no friend of the LGBT community any more than she is a friend to any other minority. She will mouth the right words and vote the right money, but it's all about power and keeping power just like it is with the GOP establishment. Both parties are more interested in keeping themselves in power than in anything that helps gays, blacks or any other American.

so the choice is simple, gay or otherwise, vote for someone who is far more typical of a President but who will sell out this country for her own gain and advance a government control agenda that tries to lock most Americans into a permanent, compliant underclass, or a guy who has the tact of a porcupine and no defined ideology but who is almost sure to both offend and shake up Washington.

As of right now I'd rather have the benefits of Trump and live with the warts, b/c at absolute worst nothing will get done, but if Hillary runs things she will act more Presidential but she will do ANYTHING to help herself and her allies, and it will all be to the detriment of this nation.

Trump may mess up foreign policy, but we KNOW Hillary will do a horrid job b/c she's already been in the job and done a horrid job. Libya is completely on her shoulders, when she did the leftist version of what Bush and the Neo-cons did in Iraq: regime change for the sake of regime change with no real understanding that a law abiding democracy was just going to magically spring up from the sands of a land that has no clue what those things mean.

Personally I'm with the few LGBT folks who are looking around and thinking about personal self defense. Time to join that club folks, there's nothing that makes you more equal than the ability to defend yourself.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I will say thought that Trump's view of the Orlando attack is much more beneficial to the LGBT community than Hillary's.

Hillary wants to ban guns. how does that help them? What other response has she had? Outrage that there are self proclaimed imams out there calling for gays to be murdered? Outrage that ISIS is still getting access to US social media sites to sell that same hate?

It's clear Hillary will do nothing to go after those voices of hate b/c doing that would be to get sideways of Islam in the mind of the Left and they really dont' want that. She finally after YEARS of refusing to use the term jumped in and called it Radical Islam, but that was again just political expediency b/c Trump was going to be able to leverage that really well in the campaign.

But will she call for a cyber war against ISIS to shut down that flow of recruiting hate? Will she prosecute these radicals for their calls to kill gays? Hell, she wouldn't even give a US Ambassador the security forces he wanted b/c she was worried it would look bad.

I'd say Trump is the best bet to go after those voices, and that will actually be doing something relevant. Banning guns sure doesn't engage in the discussion of gay issues in any way, or answer the very widespread view in Islam that it is evil and to be punished. Trump will engage on that issue, Hillary is continuing to avoid it.

Most Muslim nations have being gay as a crime, punishable with prison or death. ISIS and many others are exporting that view to the US along with a message that is anti-Jewish and anti-woman's rights. Trump, for better and worse, will engage in that debate.

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Some Gay Voters Say It's 'Dangerous' to Come Out for Trump

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-o...-trump-n594691
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.