Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: .50 cal Kentucky LongRifle

.50 cal Kentucky LongRifle

The pioneer gunsmiths and current day replica manufacturers today made/make .50 cal black powder shooting arms. That is not the rifle I am talking about.

I went to the local metals/machine shop today to purchase some dimensional steel for a project I have going on. It has been 2 or 3 years since I needed to visit this shop, as my welding work generally is for minor repairs and I pick up what bits and pieces of steel I need for pennies on the dollar at the local salvage yards. In this case I am building something from scratch, so straightness and finish are important.

Still reading? I walked up to the counter and my jaw dropped just a bit I am sure. Behind the counter were displayed two .50 cal semi auto weapons that had been built on what looks to be a Barrett pattern. I expressed my surprise to the clerk behind the counter, and said that is not a Barrett, what brand is it? He said it is a Kentucky LongRifle and we make them right here. Not looking to buy one, I stifled my curiosity and proceeded with my intended business.

A local welding/machine shop in BG is making the most powerful semi auto rifle in the world. If you do facebook, you can find out a bit more at the link................... Here
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

It would not hurt my feelings if you wanted to buy two of them and give me one.

Re: .50 cal Kentucky LongRifle

wow!
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: .50 cal Kentucky LongRifle

I just sold a .50 cal made by State Arms. Single shot, not mag fed like the Barrett. HUGE gun, 40 lbs. Feels like you're going out tank hunting when you pick it up, which makes sense b/c that was certainly an option back in the day.

Cool that someone local is making them. Personally it's not on my acquire list, I just figure it will be hard to talk all the zombies into getting lined up in a row.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.