Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Horrible - 50+ dead in Orlando nightclub shooting spree

Horrible - 50+ dead in Orlando nightclub shooting spree

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 06-12-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Re: Horrible - 20 dead in Orlando nightclub shooting spree

just awful. I'm glad in some ways I don't play the club circuit anymore. The apprehension was there even ten or fifteen years ago that things like this were more and more likely to happen.

I'm a bit surprised (but pleased) it's not a more frequent occurrence.
    Last edited by kingcat; 06-12-2016 at 09:14 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Re: Horrible - 20 dead in Orlando nightclub shooting spree

Reporting the shooter is Islamic and may have had the markings of a terrorist act.
    Last edited by Catonahottinroof; 06-12-2016 at 09:38 AM.

50 dead. At least.

Re: Horrible - 50+ dead in Orlando nightclub shooting spree

It's sounding like this guy was already known to Homeland Security and/or the FBI. Early reports are that he was licensed somehow as a security guard as well, which begs some real questions how he can be licensed in such a way and also suspected of ISIS ties.

There are also reports of a possible foiled attack on a gay pride parade in California. It's well known ISIS despises things like homosexuality, so it could be the case. They were calling for attacks during this time period.

Truly horrible, surreal levels of horrible.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

And Obama mentions that it's a tragedy. Gun violence and gun control, but can't seem to mention that he is Muslim or has radical Islamic ties.....smh

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    And Obama mentions that it's a tragedy. Gun violence and gun control, but can't seem to mention that he is Muslim or has radical Islamic ties.....smh
    No surprise he'd be the first to politicize a terror attack and try once again to misdirect it into a question of domestic policy.

FWIW this guy had what they call a "G License", which means he was a state licensed armed security guard. The truth is he'd have had access to firearms with significant firepower simply as a function of his clearance. Even if we banned all "assault rifles" and only allowed them into the hands of those with clearance, he'd have found a way.

Of course Obama never mentions ISIS or his radical ties or his father's videos supporting the Taliban in Afghanistan in some border dispute with Pakistan, etc.

Also no mention of how gays were targeted b/c under Sharia law and in the view of ISIS they are subhumans who should be killed without hesitation.

Pitiful. ISIS is recruiting the lunatic fringe of our nation via our own internet and social media companies and using them to attack us at home, and our President's solution is to debate high capacity magazines.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

my wife will be working on this case. Coincidentally, we were driving thru Orlando as this was happening.

Shooter was from Port St Lucie which is the town just next door to me.

As for Obama's quickness to politicize this, not a shock but he isn't the only one. I'm surprise I haven't seen the required "gun free zone" post yet. But what makes Obama's approach so bothersome is that he picks and chooses. He will make it about guns etc... and ignore the real heart of this one which appears to be the radical religious aspect of it
    Last edited by Doc; 06-12-2016 at 02:59 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    It's sounding like this guy was already known to Homeland Security and/or the FBI. Early reports are that he was licensed somehow as a security guard as well, which begs some real questions how he can be licensed in such a way and also suspected of ISIS ties.
    Why? Because to exclude him would be "profiling" and "racist"
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Why? Because to exclude him would be "profiling" and "racist"
    no doubt. I'm sure the FBI investigates a number of people they then don't do anything about,but I'll be very curious to see what he did that got him on their radar in the first place.

I don't know the details of the "G license", but it takes 68 hours of training in firearms and the law and such, and I can't imagine it doesn't come with a background check which he apparently passed just fine.

And Kudos to Bernie for being clueless

"We should not be selling automatic weapons which are designed to kill people, We have got to do everything that we can on top of that to make sure that guns do not fall into the hands of people who should not have them, criminals, people who are mentally ill. So that struggles continues."
    Yes, Bernie because this is about guns and automatic weapons rather than a radical islamic jihadist killing gays.

no doubt. I'm sure the FBI investigates a number of people they then don't do anything about,but I'll be very curious to see what he did that got him on their radar in the first place.

I don't know the details of the "G license", but it takes 68 hours of training in firearms and the law and such, and I can't imagine it doesn't come with a background check which he apparently passed just fine.

That 68 hours of training likely helped him kill or injure over 100 some odd people more effectively.

Now now...he doesn't want to pi$$ off a voting block...

And Kudos to Bernie for being clueless

Yes, Bernie because this is about guns and automatic weapons rather than a radical islamic jihadist killing gays.

Now now...he doesn't want to pi$$ off a voting block...
    If find it interesting that the left is the party most associated with "gay rights" etc... .yet they don't have the stomach to call out those who dispise and apparently have no problem killing gays based solely on where they congregate.

If find it interesting that the left is the party most associated with "gay rights" etc... .yet they don't have the stomach to call out those who dispise and apparently have no problem killing gays based solely on where they congregate.
    I didn't want to say it, but I agree. You'd think the LGBT community would be the one most up in arms over the rest of the Left's refusal to take ISIS head on an call them out. The radical Islamists are the most anti-gay group in history.

Saw a few interviews today of people close to some that were injured or killed, and they, everyone of them, said everyone needed to realize that this was not an act of terrorism, but instead should be viewed as a hate crime against gays.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I didn't want to say it, but I agree. You'd think the LGBT community would be the one most up in arms over the rest of the Left's refusal to take ISIS head on an call them out. The radical Islamists are the most anti-gay group in history.
    But republicans portray themselves as intolerant of anything that is counter to what they believe, thanks to the "evangelicals". Generally speaking, when it comes to oppression, is there any group worse than the Islamic religion? I mean in some ways these guys are stuck in the stone age

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Saw a few interviews today of people close to some that were injured or killed, and they, everyone of them, said everyone needed to realize that this was not an act of terrorism, but instead should be viewed as a hate crime against gays.
    That makes no sense. A hate crime IS an act of terrorism.

Only in the Obama world where definitions are changed for political reasons does killing people based on a belief not fall into the realm of terrorism.

The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives"
    Last edited by Doc; 06-12-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    B/c they are utterly self absorbed in their politics.

In a way it is a hate crime, it just so happens that radical Islamists hate gays among a whole lot of other groups.

the idea of a "hate crime" is the dumbest thing ever. Every murder is a hate crime. Some are based on race or sexual orientation, but all are hate.

This was an act of terror targeting gays b/c they are seen as subhuman and evil by ISIS and make a nice, soft, high profile target for them in the US and elsewhere. It's probably seen as insulting to them that Gay Pride month is the same as Ramadan.

But republicans portray themselves as intolerant of anything that is counter to what they believe, thanks to the "evangelicals". Generally speaking, when it comes to oppression, is there any group worse than the Islamic religion? I mean in some ways these guys are stuck in the stone age
    They make the craziest evangelicals (like the anti-gay camp folks) look like hippies.

IMO they are precisely stuck in the stone age, or specifically the pre-Renaissance period of the West. They are feudal in their thinking, living in the world of the Inquisition and the Crusades at best.

while not as radical, even movements here in the US to impose Sharia law in certain enclaves is an outrage IMO, not b/c it is different but b/c Sharia law violates the basic principles of the US belief system and Constitution.

Christians who believe being gay is a sin do not call for those gay people to be imprisoned for being gay, or be stoned or otherwise punished. They simply believe it is a sin. They may not want their families exposed to it, but I haven't seen calls for them to be persecuted for it, simply not have those things imposed on them. Sharia and certainly ISIS absolutely calls for gay people to be punished, usually horrible ways.

ISIS and those who follow that version of Sharia are simply living in a world the rest of the planet starting coming out of nearly 1,000 years ago. They want to turn back the clock, under pain of death.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Some perspective on the early morning Islamic terror attack: a list of countries where established religion in the civil government leads to the death penalty for homosexuality. I'm not seeing but one religion implicated. The Excuser-in-Chief has done everything he can to avoid the obvious, Muslim countries kill gays, muslim terrorists kill gays, muslim extremist groups like ISIS kill gays. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...shed-by-death/
    Last edited by bigsky; 06-12-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Bombino

A white male was also arrested today with multiple weapons and explosives heading to the LA Gay Pride parade, with the intent to harm the parade. Thankfully, that gentleman was arrested before he did anything or today could have been twice as bad.

Apparently he was a follower of a radical cleric in the US who is a former marine who became a radical Islamic leader here in the US. He was jailed on tax fraud and weapons charges w a 10 year sentence, judge let him out in 4 and didn't tack on extra years for terror related activities.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/12...l?intcmp=hpbt1

Prosecutors warned this guy would recruit people to commit radical acts, judge let him out anyway for lack of evidence.

Maybe this is why the shooter was on the FBI's radar.

I am sure his claims of innocence on all those terror conspiracy issues and recruiting/radicalizing others are true. I mean a judge believed him.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

We were actually driving thru Orlando last PM as it was happening. We were on our way home from Arizona, on a 35 hour non stop death death drive. Was listening to Fox Radio when they came on about a shooting in Orlando but I figured it was a replay of an earlier announcement.

Now a couple points. While the left will likely make this a "gun issue", its not. He obtained the guns legally, had a background check, etc.... Second, as best can be told, he isn't a psycho so any type of psychological evaluation wasn't going to pick him up. Third, the candidate should tread lightly to avoid making themselves look like opportunist (esp Trump who has a tendency to stick his foot into his mouth). I hope the left continues to follow the course they are because they will come out looking foolish on this.

Doc, yes Trump needs to make some calls to go after ISIS, and then get out of the way and let the other side dig their own hole.

That's trump's biggest weakness, he doesn't know when to let someone shoot themselves in the foot without him getting near it.

I will note that this guy apparently beat his first wife. She got out and got divorced, but had she reported the abuse it's possible he would have been unable to buy guns legally. But if anything it highlights the challenges of just running the system we have now properly, not the need for a new one.

He had been on a terror watch list at a prior time. I'm surprised he was able to obtain a gun without this item coming to light.
    We were actually driving thru Orlando last PM as it was happening. We were on our way home from Arizona, on a 35 hour non stop death death drive. Was listening to Fox Radio when they came on about a shooting in Orlando but I figured it was a replay of an earlier announcement.

Now a couple points. While the left will likely make this a "gun issue", its not. He obtained the guns legally, had a background check, etc.... Second, as best can be told, he isn't a psycho so any type of psychological evaluation wasn't going to pick him up. Third, the candidate should tread lightly to avoid making themselves look like opportunist (esp Trump who has a tendency to stick his foot into his mouth). I hope the left continues to follow the course they are because they will come out looking foolish on this.

He had been on a terror watch list at a prior time. I'm surprised he was able to obtain a gun without this item coming to light.
    I'm not privy to the deep secrets of NICS, but afaik being on the watch list isn't a known legal reason for denial. It may be in the NICS database, but if it is it's a secret, and the law hasn't been changed to make it that way. The reasons for denial are specified in the Gun Control Act of 1968 as amended, and would need an act of Congress presumably to change the criteria.

BTW, i wholeheartedly support such a change.

Rupp's Runt

1) I hold both "D" and "G" licenses here in Florida, in addition to my law enforcement/corrections certifications. In addition to my Florida concealed carry permit. I don't have to go through all of the requirements for the D or G or the CCP outside of my paying the necessary fees and submitting to fingerprinting due to my military training and my law enforcement training. Everything else is waived due to previous training and background checks conducted on me.
    2) I have a good friend who was on scene at the house in Port St. Lucie. I can't divulge what I was told, but it's not good.
    3) The federal government is not and will not protect us against this terrorism. And I don't care what the FBI or DHS says, all they're going to do is follow orders, which, right now, lessens the lives of all Americans everywhere because the U. S. government refuses to protect t us.
    Face it boys & girls...........we're on our own as far as protecting ourselves and our families. Our government just refuses to do its duty as prescribed by the Constitution.
    MOLON LABE!