Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Memorial Day

Memorial Day

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ign=May30Cooke

We are still small town. There is a breakfast at the Legion. We have a parade at 9:30. We gather at the Vietnam Wall and all wars memorials at 11. The Legions and Marine corps league march and present colors. Some old planes fly over. Flags decorate the graves and fly by the dozens on Main Street. The motels snd restaurants put up the Gold Star families for free who come here from all over Montana.

The Legion wont let politicians in the parade, and, when they complain, I tell the politicians that they can stand by me, in an unobtrusive spot, near the viewing stand where the Gold Star families sit.

We stopped having the parade in the 1960s. In 2010 Len Albright of the American Legion approached me about the city sponsoring the renewal of the parade with a bit of cash, $2500, and would city employees work on the holiday to block off main street, unblock it, giving up their long weekend?

Annual since then. I'm putting on the tie and jacket now and off to stand in the rain. It almost always rains. And you know, that always seems appropriate.

Re: Memorial Day

Thanks for the link. For me, the article was well worth the time it took to read and reflect.

Kudos to Bozeman. Over time your comments on your town, has inspired in me a desire to visit.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Thanks for the link. For me, the article was well worth the time it took to read and reflect.

Kudos to Bozeman. Over time your comments on your town, has inspired in me a desire to visit.
    Sounds like a wonderful place to me too.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Bombino

My mom's hairdresser and his husband absolutely love Bozeman and the surroubding areas. They have actually purchased land in the area and are planning to retire there. From the photos of his I have seen on facebook the land is stunningly beautiful.