Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truck troubles

Rupp's Runt

Re: Truck troubles

Well bigsky, she was trying to help out. Got to give her bonus points for that much.

Like my ex-wife many years ago. Put my Colt Trooper MK III. 357 magnum in the dishwasher to "clean it" for me. Well, I think she did it with good intentions. At least that's what I kept telling myself.
    MOLON LABE!

Truck troubles

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Well bigsky, she was trying to help out. Got to give her bonus points for that much.

Like my ex-wife many years ago. Put my Colt Trooper MK III. 357 magnum in the dishwasher to "clean it" for me. Well, I think she did it with good intentions. At least that's what I kept telling myself.
    OMG. That. Is. Hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    OMG. That. Is. Hysterical.
    Unless you are suncat...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Unless you are suncat...
    +10
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    +10
    +1000. That's grounds for divorce right there. I'd get bent if someone washed my wok wrong and messed up the patina, for washing a Colt there is some special plane of Hell.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

It's like when I was growing up the neighbor kid washed his dads car with steel wool. He thought it was a sponge.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 06-03-2016 at 06:58 AM.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    It's liek when I was growing up the neighbor kid washed his dads car with steel wool. He thought it was a sponge.
    OMG! I bet Wow! that didn't end well for either Dad or the kid involved.
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    +1000. That's grounds for divorce right there. I'd get bent if someone washed my wok wrong and messed up the patina, for washing a Colt there is some special plane of Hell.
    I'm not kiddng you now........it was all I could do to keep from choking the snot out of her.
    And people wonder why we have so much domestic violence in this country? I don't.
    MOLON LABE!

Rupp's Runt

It all came about because I had gone to the range the day before to qualify, and then worked my shift. When I got home I told her that I needed to clean my gun, but that I would just do it in the morning after I cut the grass. No big deal. I am usually very good about cleaning my weapons after I've fired them, but I am not fanatical about it. A few more hours is not going to make a big difference. Anyway, I cut the grass, came in, drank some water and went into the bedroom to get the gun. It wasn't in the holster, so I go into the kitchen and asked her if she knew where my gun was at.
    With the most innocent and well intentioned look on her face, she informed me that she had a surprise for me. She opened the dishwasher and there it was, still hot and dripping wet. And still loaded, too. She didn't even think about unloading it. Told me that she wanted to help me out, so she thought it would be a good idea to put it in the dishwasher "to get it extra good and clean".
    I just had to laugh. The look on her face told me that she had no idea that she had just messed up big time. She meant no harm, she just didn't know to not do that. And after I had calmed down and regained some mild amount of composure I told her not to worry about it, and that if I needed her to help out again that I would let her know.
    Ahhhhh, the trials and tribulations of married life.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    It's like when I was growing up the neighbor kid washed his dads car with steel wool. He thought it was a sponge.
    Years ago My wife didn't like the window stickers on the new windows of our newly remodeled but still a work-in-progress basement. So she tried to peel them off, but that didn't work (without WD-40 but she didn't know) so she got a scotch brite pad and scrubbed them off with soap and and water. And after they dried, well, every window was nicely etched. I am not allowed to mention that incident by wife or sons. Serious marital trauma.

Rupp's Runt

UPDATE: My buddy texted me a few minutes ago, my truck is ready. And when he gave me the grand total I about fell over from shock. It's way LESS than I thought it was going to be. Yay!
    MOLON LABE!

Good deal suncat. I'm very happy it worked out well for you
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    UPDATE: My buddy texted me a few minutes ago, my truck is ready. And when he gave me the grand total I about fell over from shock. It's way LESS than I thought it was going to be. Yay!
    Great--you must a) be lucky, and b) have a good buddy. Really, both were required for you not to have sticker shock from the incident!

Happy Friday!

Rupp's Runt

UPDATE: there was one more pleasant surprise that came out of this whole deal. My cruise control has stopped working, so I told Steve to look into it. He came to the conclusion that it may be the command/power nodule, which if you know anything about that can be quite expensive. It was the only thing that he could not definitively tell me about. So after I left his house, I went over to Ft. Myers to a Nissan dealership over there to find out 100% for sure what was wrong, thinking that if that was the problem, he could just get a used unit from a junkyard and replace it with that. After waiting for about 3 hours, the problem was something so simple, and inexpensive, that I actually started laughing about it.
    It was a rubber 'grommet' type button inside the steering wheel control switch. It cost $11 to fix. A small piece piece of rubber, but finally, my cruise control works again.
    MOLON LABE!