Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't often use public restrooms, but when I do...

Re: I don't often use public restrooms, but when I do...

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    Oh man...

I was right there with you until that part.

Many? Really? Of course, there are some freaks, but it's such a small part of the population. Much smaller than those that have inflicted violence on gays and transgendered in bathrooms.
    I don't know how many there may be, but the anti-discrimination side says they don't have to go to that trouble, they can come and go without that effort.

As a function of small, that's a small group but so is the amount of actual violence inflicted on gay and transgender people in public restrooms. Such incidents are also extremely uncommon.

In that sense this whole thing is a tempest in teapot.

The entire LGBT "community" in the US is estimated at about 4% of the population. Transgenders are estimated at about 0.3% of the population. Honestly that infinitesimal to be going through this much drama. They still have the same rights, but not the right to bend the rights of 99.7% of the US population. There's a solution in the middle here that should work without this much hoo-ha. Even if those numbers are low, it's still stunning that with 19 trillion in debt and all the other massive problems facing the nation this is the hot topic of action and debate.

The truth is that the LGBT community is becoming a tyranny of the minority, focusing far too much of the nation's attention on far too small a set of issues, while pulling us away from the far more serious issues that impact the welfare of many more millions of Americans. I have a bunch of gay friends, but spending this much of the nation's attention on these relatively non-life threatening issues is becoming absurd.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I don't know how many there may be, but the anti-discrimination side says they don't have to go to that trouble, they can come and go without that effort.

As a function of small, that's a small group but so is the amount of actual violence inflicted on gay and transgender people in public restrooms. Such incidents are also extremely uncommon.

In that sense this whole thing is a tempest in teapot.

The entire LGBT "community" in the US is estimated at about 4% of the population. Transgenders are estimated at about 0.3% of the population. Honestly that infinitesimal to be going through this much drama. They still have the same rights, but not the right to bend the rights of 99.7% of the US population. There's a solution in the middle here that should work without this much hoo-ha. Even if those numbers are low, it's still stunning that with 19 trillion in debt and all the other massive problems facing the nation this is the hot topic of action and debate.

The truth is that the LGBT community is becoming a tyranny of the minority, focusing far too much of the nation's attention on far too small a set of issues, while pulling us away from the far more serious issues that impact the welfare of many more millions of Americans. I have a bunch of gay friends, but spending this much of the nation's attention on these relatively non-life threatening issues is becoming absurd.
    I get what you're saying, but I'll just with the thought that if the NC law wasn't passed we wouldn't be talking about this.

I'll add though, any minority group that feels disenfranchised should raise their voice. That's what America is all about. Those that want to join their cause to make a larger voice should do so too.

Whether we agree or not on anything, voices must be heard.

Trump and his followers were a minority once too, but we can admit, whether he wins or loses, it will bring about change. That's always good.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    I get what you're saying, but I'll just with the thought that if the NC law wasn't passed we wouldn't be talking about this.

I'll add though, any minority group that feels disenfranchised should raise their voice. That's what America is all about. Those that want to join their cause to make a larger voice should do so too.

Whether we agree or not on anything, voices must be heard.

Trump and his followers were a minority once too, but we can admit, whether he wins or loses, it will bring about change. That's always good.
    Raising a voice is fine. What the LGBT community is doing is the same as what Black Lives Matter is doing, which is not to HAVE a debate but to END the debate by screaming prejudice and bigotry at anyone who dares disagree with their views.

Also they are doing it in a way that intimidates and smears people, not in a way that opens a dialog. that isn't raising a voice, that's tyranny of the minority. People are running so scared of being called racist or prejudiced or insensitive they are unwilling to do anything.

I don't want to see anyone discriminated against, but I also don't want voices to be silenced who disagree politically or otherwise b/c they're afraid of being branded a bigot even when untrue.

I disagree with some positions of the self appointed LGBT community, but I'm far from a homophobe, yet that's what I'd be called.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Raising a voice is fine. What the LGBT community is doing is the same as what Black Lives Matter is doing, which is not to HAVE a debate but to END the debate by screaming prejudice and bigotry at anyone who dares disagree with their views.

Also they are doing it in a way that intimidates and smears people, not in a way that opens a dialog. that isn't raising a voice, that's tyranny of the minority. People are running so scared of being called racist or prejudiced or insensitive they are unwilling to do anything.

I don't want to see anyone discriminated against, but I also don't want voices to be silenced who disagree politically or otherwise b/c they're afraid of being branded a bigot even when untrue.

I disagree with some positions of the self appointed LGBT community, but I'm far from a homophobe, yet that's what I'd be called.
    Couldn't disagree more.

What happens is that there's cherry picking by the media that says if one person or subset of a group acts in a negative way that they represent the entire group.

It couldn't be further from the truth. Just like people on the right want to think that LGBT and Black Lives Matter is about the violent, disruptive clips they see on their media, it's just as wrong as those on the left that think every Trump rally is about inciting violence, prejudice, bigotry and the like.

It's just wrong.

Just like Trump is resounding a message that is perceived of wrong, same with LGBT and Black Lives Matter groups. Most of all the supporters are good and peaceful people who just have differences from others.
    Last edited by StuBleedsBlue2; 05-27-2016 at 01:10 AM.