Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Article: Democrat's Old Kentucky Home drifts farther away

Article: Democrat's Old Kentucky Home drifts farther away

Interesting discussion of how Kentucky is likely to be a majority-GOP registration state by 2018 when it was 2/1 Democrat registration as recently as 1992:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/de...stom_click=rss
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: Article: Democrat's Old Kentucky Home drifts farther away

Kentuckians are not leaving the Democratic party, the Democratic party left Kentuckians years ago, and it is only getting further away as the years pass.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Kentuckians are not leaving the Democratic party, the Democratic party left Kentuckians years ago, and it is only getting further away as the years pass.
    This. It has left all of common sense America, it just has taken a while for everyone to look around and see it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

The transformation began in the 60's. The days of Carl Perkins and Sam Nunn are over.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

What's even more odd is that the national GOP over the last 20 years has seemingly stepped into their shoes, being far too cozy with peace time deficits and regulation.

Which is why we have Trump, b/c both parties have abandoned wide swaths of their old base.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Alabama went through this entire transformation in the early 2000's and capped it off with the Republicans winning a Super Majority House and Senate, the governorship and the Supreme Court Majority. Unfortunately, they are still Democrats sans the teachers' union. But, our Supreme Court Chief Justice is about to be removed from office, the House Speaker is on trial for 23 counts of ethics violations, and our Governor, along with his paramour and her husband, is under investigation by state and Federal authorities for violations of ethics and campaign laws.

It is not about political parties, but about the conduct of those who hold office. It's time to close the campaign loopholes. It's time to tell the lobbyists you can buy lunch and nothing more. Let's get rid of the anonymous donors. As we have learned in alaBama, it's not about whether someone campaigns on conservative Christian values. It's whether the office holder lives them. In our case most all do not. Matter of fact most House members will not vote to impeach the governor as they have their own paramours and are afraid the governor will expose them.

It's no surprise that Bernie and The Donald are having such success running against our two major political parties. People are fed up. It makes no difference if you are Republican or Democrat. Corruption is rampant.

Fab Five

And I should add the changes in Kentucky politics are not helping Allison Lundergan Wasserman. She has aligned herself too closely with the Clintons and the DNC Chairwoman. That will not serve her well the next time this career establishment politician wants to be governor, Senator or whatever.

Zero argument from me Mick. I'm about to post a summary article of the tens of millions the Clintons have lined in their pockets in just a couple of years, and that's just the tip of a black ice iceberg for both them and the nation in general.

The level of corruption is far out of control. We've always had it, but as the power of government has expanded and the control of government has concentrated, the corruption has grown with it.

And yes, it's both parties. I will say I've never seen ANYONE as brash about it as the Clintons, but that doesn't mean they aren't just the most obvious boil in a whole body politic covered in a very nasty rash.

A big part of Trump's appeal is that he's already rich, but moreover he's also just so brash and "his own man" people hope he won't sell the country down the river for his own gain. Bernie is the same but without the rich part. For the most part I think they're right, I trust them both to be more true to their own vision than most politicians.

Both parties in general have drifted away from the populace which is why Trump is so successful. Were I him and the "establishment" was slow to get on board, I'd embrace it!. I'd tell the them to "BITE ME" and this is exactly why the GOP is in trouble, because of idiots like you. The heads of both parties have run the parties into the ground and ignore what the majority wants instead pandering to the more extremes of the party. Unfortunately the democrats are less exclusive
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.