Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: No surprise here

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: No surprise here

Gizmodo isn't a site I'm familiar with. Were it Fox news I'd be a bit leary as they often complain about the bias, although there is a basis for it.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Facebook has a news site?

Gizmodo is neutral, they're a tech site that mostly covers tech news and new products. They likely got better access and response simply bc they are known among geeks.

Hardly a surprise. There is huge bias in the media. The entire reason the Left is winning the fight for this nation is that they have taken over the media and the education system, which allows them to completely frame the discussion and use the power of words just as Orwell foresaw. Just as in 1984, just having an opinion contrary to their view gets you labelled a racist or homophobe or whatever and summarily dismissed and even destroyed.

As an editor for the Washington Times once said, it's not a conspiracy either. It's worse. It's consensus. The industry is simply populated by 90% liberals who all see the same viewpoint and reinforce their groupthink. They don't have to have a secret meeting to decide what to select at facebook or write about in a column, they all already agree.

The only place conservatives have been able to carve out is talk radio. The rest including education from top to bottom, is utterly dominated by the leftists.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 05-09-2016 at 10:16 AM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Gizmodo is neutral, they're a tech site that mostly covers tech news and new products. They likely got better access and response simply bc they are known among geeks.

Hardly a surprise. There is huge bias in the media. The entire reason the Left is winning the fight for this nation is that they have taken over the media and the education system, which allows them to completely frame the discussion and use the power of words just as Orwell foresaw. Just as in 1984, just having an opinion contrary to their view gets you labelled a racist or homophobe or whatever and summarily dismissed and even destroyed.

As an editor for the Washington Times once said, it's not a conspiracy either. It's worse. It's consensus. The industry is simply populated by 90% liberals who all see the same viewpoint and reinforce their groupthink. They don't have to have a secret meeting to decide what to select at facebook or write about in a column, they all already agree.

The only place conservatives have been able to carve out is talk radio. The rest including education from top to bottom, is utterly dominated by the leftists.
    I've read this was the game from a long, long, time ago. Not-so-incidentally the assault on Christianity and the rise of cults and Islam has been coming for years as well (not that Christianity didn't have its own skeletons and deserve criticisms.)
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Rupp's Runt

As most of you know, I am Roman Catholic, and I do not try to evade it if asked. I was raised as such, and unless I see a need to make a change I will remain a Roman Catholic.
    Whether we all realize it or not, the religion of your choosing is a human choice. Some choose to be Baptists, or Lutheran, or whatever. It makes no difference, because I believe we that believe all believe in the same God, we just choose to pray in different ways and according to rules established by our respective religious organizations. That said, I will be the first to criticize the Roman Catholic Church for getting a lot of things wrong. For example.........the sex scandals over these many years and all of the molestations of mostly young boys. And then they attempted to bribe some victims and compounded the problems by moving the offending priests from one parish assignment to another. I said it then and I'm saying it now.........the Church did wrong by these victims. It would have been much better served by dismissings these creeps from our Church and turning them over to local law enforcement and the courts to be dealt with appropriately. But no, the Church heirarchy chose another route that was unjust and deceitful, and goes against the belief in justice that it preaches to Catholics. Take these bad apples and put them out of our church and let the law deal with them. They're men, and nothing else at that point, and you treat them as men, not as some privileged being that they are not entitled to be treated as. Period.
    I could go on and on about all of the stuff my church gets wrong. And I wouldn't be alone, many of you have issues with your church leaderships as well. At the end of the day, all of our churches are operated and administered by men. Imperfect men. Imperfect men that sometimes make good decisions and at other times make bad decisions. All part of the human condition.
    CBBN is right about the news media and the education system, and we've all talked about that before too. And maybe it's just me that believes this, but at some point we, as citizens of this country, are going to have to make a very harsh decision about how we want this to continue. Keep following the current path, which is leaving us fewer and fewer palatable choices, or choose to follow the path that our Founding Fathers laid out for us.
    There's that word again..........CHOICES.
    MOLON LABE!

Leftist liberals consider themselves to be the thought police. What is really scary is that they see nothing wrong about restricting the first amendment rights of others.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Leftist liberals consider themselves to be the thought police. What is really scary is that they see nothing wrong about restricting the first amendment rights of others.
    Did you read the comment section? My favorite was this gem

Sherri Miller
    asterios
    5/09/16 9:33am
    Honestly? Conservative new/views should be suppressed. I am against censorship but do think that if you have a conservative viewpoint you shouldn’t be allowed a platform that could be used to influence others.

Sherri Miller
    The Dude
    5/09/16 9:50am
    Not allowing conservatives to spread their views, aka misinformation and anti-science opinions, is NOT censorship. It’s called promoting education.

Sherri Miller
    ncoliphant
    5/09/16 9:51am
    Correct. The uneducated half of the country should not be allowed to spread their ignorance.

Sherri Miller
    Bobby
    5/09/16 9:53am
    I am completely against censorship but conservative views are basically libel so...? Let’s not let them do it.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Well Doc, if that's being against censorship I'd hate to see what the liberals who are for it think we should do with conservatives.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Well Doc, if that's being against censorship I'd hate to see what the liberals who are for it think we should do with conservatives.
    I'd definitely recommend reading the reply section. Many retorts can't be posted here but some are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I'd definitely recommend reading the reply section. Many retorts can't be posted here but some are hilarious.
    They would be entertaining were the comments not coming from potential voters.

Rupp's Runt

Keep in mind that these are the same people who think nothing of restricting every single Constitutional right that we have as long as they get their way. They will do it any way they can. THAT is exactly why we need to stand and resist them at all costs. Their intentions might be good, according to them, but I have zero desire to be like the Jews in Nazi Germany, or anyone who is not a Muslim in north Africa/southwest Asia right now.
    Oh yeah........"they mean well".........my azz!
    Somewhere along this journey, this may very well turn into the type of struggle for freedom that our Founding Fathers warned us of.
    MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    They would be entertaining were the comments not coming from potential voters.
    MOST of the comments were directed at liberal fool for her stance on censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    MOST of the comments were directed at liberal fool for her stance on censorship.
    Unfortunately some agreed with her, so it isn't a lone nut situation.

"Of course Facebook is biased. That's how Tech works today" -

http://www.wired.com/2016/05/course-...h-works-today/