Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: UAB Parking deck holdup

UAB Parking deck holdup

Last week victims in a parking deck at UAB were held up with a shotgun. It is the same parking deck in which someone held up four UAB students, forced them to undress, and robbed them over a year ago. Thank goodness it is a gun-free zone.

Re: UAB Parking deck holdup

Maybe the "no guns" signs weren't big enough or in prominent places. That'll surely fix it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Funny thing. The 4 guys with a shotgun were in a van. With full video cameras in view, they were still riding around in the same van 4 hours later. They all stayed together, which was mighty nice of them when they were stopped.

They should have one of these at every entrance to the garage, whether you drive or walk in.

Make a giant one for the cars to drive through.

And yes, I was being facetious since cars are made of metal
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Oh, I can't wait to hear this story. I'm sure it will be quite entertaining.

Like the defense story in this trial we have going on in court right now.
    This guy gets arrested for introduction of contraband into a prison facility. He comes to visit a relative in prison. As a visitor to a secure prison facility, he is subject to a lawful search of his person & possessions. Upon being searched, it is discovered that he has a small amount of heroin concealed in his shoes that he was wearing upon entry into the prison grounds. He is detained and Deputies arrive, at which time he is arrested for the possession of and introduction of illegal narcotics into a prison facility.
    His defense: he says that these were not his shoes originally. These shoes were given to him by his auntie after her son, his cousin, had passed away. He'd had them for about a year and had only worn them a couple of times. The defendant says he did not know the dope was there.
    So..........let's roll the dice!

Why in the world would you want to wear another guy's shoes? Even if he is dead, why? But that's just me. To me, that's just like wearing another guy's underwear. Ain't happening.
    MOLON LABE!

Doc, you're not far off from what UAB actually did.

Friend of mine moved his daughter out of the dorm that uses that parking deck this past weekend into an apartment. He tells me UAB installed passcard keys so you couldn't walk into the parking deck.

Now, that great big hole that cars drive through? Yeah, you can walk through it. But I guess nobody thought of that. (And of course, you can drive through it as well, which makes it kinda handy if you want a get-away car after you do your deed.

He was a little upset about his daughter living there at the time, but I had to laugh when he was telling me about the security measure they put in (after the 2014 holdup) to require people to use their access cards to go through the doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    They should have one of these at every entrance to the garage, whether you drive or walk in.

Make a giant one for the cars to drive through.

And yes, I was being facetious since cars are made of metal

Rupp's Runt

Hmmmm..........things that make you go "dew-te-dew".........
    MOLON LABE!

Darrell, sadly that doesn't surprise me. It stuns me what people do when removed into some director's meeting room or city council or Congress and think up things that sound like they are good ideas. Any fool with boots on the ground know it's idiotic, but since they dont' live in that world it sounds good to them.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.