Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: 180 million dead rats

180 million dead rats

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: 180 million dead rats

They could use that service in New York City!

Quote Originally Posted by blue2ksr View Post
    While I love the thought, the more politically acceptable solution would be to boot the UN out, not actually poison them.

Poison contains a coagulant that makes rats dry up and disintegrate without a stench ion 8 days? That stuff is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by blue2ksr View Post
    New York used a much more radical method for killing rats, hurricane Sandy.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Beat's Chicago's solution where they released coyotes into the city. Everyone in their right mind is shooting them where they stand, Chicago is breeding them to get rid of rats. I'm not kidding btw, they did this.

No wonder Chicago wants to disarm the citizens, they paid good money for those Coyotes.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    No wonder Chicago wants to disarm the citizens, they paid good money for those Coyotes.
    They have the world's largest urban coyote study going on. They allow them to breed, collar and GPS track a bunch of them.

I like coyotes as animals. They're pretty, smart, resourceful. They're also a real danger to the endogenous population and have to be controlled.

lol! Now THAT is funny!

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    While I love the thought, the more politically acceptable solution would be to boot the UN out, not actually poison them.

Rupp's Runt

They have the world's largest urban coyote study going on. They allow them to breed, collar and GPS track a bunch of them.

I like coyotes as animals. They're pretty, smart, resourceful. They're also a real danger to the endogenous population and have to be controlled.
    As animals, and as members of the dog family, I respect them. However, here where I live, they are a nuisance and a danger to small indigenious animals and local pets, and more importantly, livestock on local farms/ranches.
    Whenever I see one, I do my best to shoot and kill it. Period. Yes, they are beautiful animals, but when they overpopulate an area and start killing off animals that are far more valuable to our ecology and the financial livelihoods of the local famers/ranchers, they have to go. A 55 grain 5.56 mm hollowpoint works wonders on them!
    Last edited by suncat05; 11-17-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    As animals, and as members of the dog family, I respect them. However, here where I live, they are a niusance and a danger to small indigenious animals and local pets, and more importantly, livestock on local farms/ranches.
    Whenever I see one, I do my best to shoot and kill it. Period. Yes, they are beautiful animals, but when they overpopulate an area and start killing off animals that are far more valuable to our ecology and the financial livelihoods of the local famers/ranchers, they have to go. A 55 grain 5.56 mm hollowpoint works wonders on them!
    Agree 100%. Their populations have exploded and they can really damage natural habitat and for sure livestock. Shoot every one you see, b/c there are 10 you don't.

FWIW the Chicago study people claim it's rare any of them attack pets. Apparently they're very discriminating in Chicago and know the difference between a large rat and a small dog or cat. I imagine they morally object to pate as well. lol.

I guess a bunch of urbanites who have no clue about coyotes or animals in general buy the story that an animal that specifically hunts small animals can distinguish between domesticated and wild animals.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRdallen View Post
    lol! Now THAT is funny!
    He was being serious.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Yep . . . which makes it funny!

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    He was being serious.

Rupp's Runt

Agree 100%. Their populations have exploded and they can really damage natural habitat and for sure livestock. Shoot every one you see, b/c there are 10 you don't.

FWIW the Chicago study people claim it's rare any of them attack pets. Apparently they're very discriminating in Chicago and know the difference between a large rat and a small dog or cat. I imagine they morally object to pate as well. lol.

I guess a bunch of urbanites who have no clue about coyotes or animals in general buy the story that an animal that specifically hunts small animals can distinguish between domesticated and wild animals.
    A "politically correct" coyote? Who'da thunk it, huh? Especially coming out of Chicago.......