Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Unaoil Bribery Scandal

Bombino

Unaoil Bribery Scandal

One of the biggest bribery scandals to unfold in a LONG time and I have not seen ANYTHING on CNN/Fox/ABC/etc.

http://www.theage.com.au/interactive...bribe-factory/

Basically, the execs of many of the major oil companies in the world have been outed as having engaged in large scale bribery, price fixing and leaking of confidential info. Several hundred thousand emails from Unaoil (owned by the Ahsani family in Monaco) were leaked to The Age and HuffPost, which covered everything from companies setting up uncontested bids, outright bribery of millions, and all other sorts of corruption. It covers them laughing at anti-corruption investigators and the general public, basically parcelling off middle east countries for companies benefits, etc. Billions of dollars in contracts awarded based on their corruption. It is a REALLY big scandal but unlike Malaysian Flight 370, there has not been a WORD from the major news outlets, very strange.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 04-01-2016 at 07:43 AM.

I imagine one reason for the low play is that it's so little of a surprise. Outside the west and parts of Asia bribery is a common and even accepted part of doing business to such a degree it's just a given.
    When my wife was in Egypt it was an accepted practice to bribe the guy at the post office to mail your letter. If you didn't it would likely get trashed. The bribes he received were considered part of the job and were expected, like tips to wait staff here.

Sent using Forum Runner
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.