Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Apple iOS phone download issues

Rupp's Runt

Apple iOS phone download issues

Last Wednesday evening my cell phone buzzed, but I was busy for about 20 minutes or so before I could get to it. When I finally did get to look at it I saw an update was available, so I downloaded it. It loaded pretty quickly, but then when I entered my PIN to use my phone, a prompt comes up asking me to enter my e-mail address & my password, my phone wouldn't open.
    My e-mail is the same one I have had for years, and I have kept the same password for it for a long time too. The prompt told me that neither my e-mail or the password are valid. So I'm locked out of my cell phone. For now.
    I spoke with my daughter, who like most kids is very tech savvy, and even she can't figure this out.
    Has anyone here had a similiar experience with this latest Apple update? Oh, also, not sure if this is a factor, but my iphone is an older model, an i4S. Thanks, guys!

Truthfully, the few days I haven't had it has been pure bliss. A lot less aggravations, that's for sure.
    MOLON LABE!

Re: Apple iOS phone download issues

Its the new backdoor that Apple was forced to put in to bypass the encryption. They haven't gotten all the kinks out yet.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Oh, that's a little disconcerting.............like the Statue of Liberty being 'kaput'...........and once again, we have yet another government intrusion into our privacies.........provided by Apple. Thanks, Apple.
    MOLON LABE!

I have read several articles about the problems IPhone users have had from screen freeze ups, to problems similar to the ones you are experiencing after the latest IOS updates. I would borrow a phone if I were you and call your phone provider, or the Apple store near you.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Yeah dan, that's on the "to-do" list for this weekend. Because of my schedule, and the fact that I live in the wilderness and am an hour away or longer by driving to one of two different places that I can take the phone to be corrected, or whatever the correct term is for this stupid situation.
    My daughter is the one who actually handles all the administrative stuff regarding our phones (we are all on some kinda of family plan) but next time she asks me if I want another phone I am going to ask her what other options we have besides Apple phones. This situation has really left me with very negative feelings about Apple and its cellular phone products.
    MOLON LABE!

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Last Wednesday evening my cell phone buzzed, but I was busy for about 20 minutes or so before I could get to it. When I finally did get to look at it I saw an update was available, so I downloaded it. It loaded pretty quickly, but then when I entered my PIN to use my phone, a prompt comes up asking me to enter my e-mail address & my password, my phone wouldn't open.
    My e-mail is the same one I have had for years, and I have kept the same password for it for a long time too. The prompt told me that neither my e-mail or the password are valid. So I'm locked out of my cell phone. For now.
    I spoke with my daughter, who like most kids is very tech savvy, and even she can't figure this out.
    Has anyone here had a similiar experience with this latest Apple update? Oh, also, not sure if this is a factor, but my iphone is an older model, an i4S. Thanks, guys!

Truthfully, the few days I haven't had it has been pure bliss. A lot less aggravations, that's for sure.
    A known issue:
    http://arstechnica.com/apple/2016/03...tion-problems/

Your best bet is to either use itunes to flash the NEW update or to take it to the Apple Store.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    A known issue:
    http://arstechnica.com/apple/2016/03...tion-problems/

Your best bet is to either use itunes to flash the NEW update or to take it to the Apple Store.
    If you get locked out of your phone the only thing Apple can do is reset the phone to an as new condition. Hope all the contacts and stuff was backed up.

I aiways stay away from the first or second iOS version update because an issue always rears its head and it takes them 2, 3, 4 updates to fix it.