Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: North Carolina man arrested for failing to return VHS tape 14 years ago

North Carolina man arrested for failing to return VHS tape 14 years ago

Re: North Carolina man arrested for failing to return VHS tape 14 years ago

Meyers, a drum and bass musician, said he had never been arrested before, and said the ordeal was very humiliating.
    Well now he has some street cred.

What the hell is wrong with these people in North Carolina? Don't they have better things to do? You would think they would be better off spending their time making sure their colleges were actually teaching their students rather than having fake classes
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

The theft equivalent of driving 1 mph over the speed limit.

Next I think we're going to see Library Detective Bookman arresting North Carolinians for having overdue library books.

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

BTW: "Freddy Got Fingered"? I'd think the humiliation of the public knowing he rented it would be punishment enough.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

What the what?? Do they not have small claims courts in North Carolina? Could they not just have gone to that court, gotten a civil judgement, and then turned it over to a collections agency? Or garnished his wages? Or had the presiding Judge order the guy to make restitution through the Clerk of Courts Office by payment plan?
    But issuing an arrest warrant and then having his freedom taken away over an old VHS tape? Are you kidding me? Seriously?
    MOLON LABE!

I have to make a trip to Carolina in May. I have already made a trip to the salvage yard to pick up a pair of headlights for $10.00 each and when I got home I built a small fire, pitched them in it, and took a couple of cell phone pics of them in the fire. I do not plan to get a ticket for disobeying their edict to burn headlights.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I frequent a site called Banjo hangout and this guy that was arrested is a regular member on there. He posted about it this morning. He has recently had open heart surgery after almost dying with a heart attack and I'm sure he didn't need the stress of dealing with this!

how does someone even get a criminal warrant out on someone for a $5 video? even a $30 video? Then my next question is why do it?

North Carolina is just not the same since they found out "The Carolina Way" involved fraud and illiteracy.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

And let me just say this.........my sergeant calls me in and tells me to go arrest this guy for this, I'm NOT doing it. Period. Go arrest him yourself. I am not going to be a part of this circus.
    There is right. and there is wrong. And this is all the way wrong. There are other ways to attain relief here, but taking someone's freedom over a lost VHS tape ain't kosher.There are any number of civil remedies for this, so go that route. I am NOT going to take away someone's freedom over some petty crap like this!
    MOLON LABE!

For the record, most cops I've spoken to here are a lot more like Andy than Barney and shake their heads at stuff like this and the 1 mph over thing. About once a month they're out in force to catch speeders and it's clearly a revenue thing.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.