Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Last 3 shows you've watched on Netflix/Amazon Prime

Bombino

Re: Last 3 shows you've watched on Netflix/Amazon Prime

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I"m going to get on Netflix in order to watch the Mythbusters Build team's new show. It's called the "White Rabbit Project". They have 12 episodes up from December.

I don't know why but it still bothers me that show ended. Maybe this will help. Sounds like it's a good shot they'll keep it a while, the cost is lower than their other original works and it should draw enough. I sure hope so. I'll miss Jamie and Adam, esp. Adam, but I like them all, so I'll be good with the Build team.
    I think it is HOW it ended rather than that fact that it ended. The White Rabbit Project is good, it is different, so don't expect straight MythBusters but they are clearly trying to define their own niche (in the MythBusters realm but in its own style).

Just watched the first episode of Marvel's Iron Fist. So far so good. Different and better than I thought it would be.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    I think it is HOW it ended rather than that fact that it ended. The White Rabbit Project is good, it is different, so don't expect straight MythBusters but they are clearly trying to define their own niche (in the MythBusters realm but in its own style).
    It's both for me.

I don't know why, but apparently unknown to me consciously I found the existence of that show reassuring in some way.

First I really liked it and looked forward to it. I have a hard time turning my brain "off" from my work and responsibilities, and I've realized that when I watched Mythbusters I was totally engrossed, more than most anything else I watch. It was just that interesting and appealing to me b/c I like the science of it but I also love tinkering and engineering and the whole idea of just going out in the shop and building something as an average Joe.

Second, I think the show did in fact encourage people to look at science and engineering and made those things just a bit more cool, and that's good for all of us. My niece really likes the show, she's 13 now, and went to Adam and Jamie's traveling road show and really enjoyed it. I just find it cool that kids like her also found the show interesting and that it connected with some of them.

I wasn't as much into the big explosions and such, though they're cool, I just liked how they'd say "we need a rig to do X" and they'd go weld something up and see what happened. I grew up on a farm where that's what we'd do too, just a little skill, sweat and ingenuity, and not running to someone and paying them but just doing it yourself and figuring it out as you went, and I guess I miss that. I don't have time to do that stuff now, but at least I could watch them do it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Watching into the badlands not bad.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Of course Better call Saul is back on.

I'm going to add "The OA". Have to finish episode 2 before you decide to bail on this one (you won't because that's when it gets interesting). If you like Stranger Things, you will like this one.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Some Prime shows I've enjoyed recently:

--Poldark: a PBS Masterpiece series that's set in late 18th century Britain and based on the "Poldark" novel series;

--Catastrophe: a Prime original series about an American businessman who meets an English woman on vacation in London, she gets pregnant, they marry and comedy ensues;

--The World At War: the epic 20-some episode documentary series on WWII, with Laurence Olivier narrating. Probably the definitive video work on WWII--I remember watching it when it first came out in the 70s, but it still holds up.

Now I'm ready to watch All Or Nothing, a multi-episode Prime documentary on the Arizona Cardinals' 2015 season. Just came out on the 1st.
    The new season of Catastrophe is now available on Amazon. 1st 2 seasons were funny.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Binge-watched Bosch yesterday.

I have still never watched anything on Amazon Prime. Have had it for years. Having DroidTV has spoiled me; I always have had plenty to watch.

I do want to watch Band of Brothers, which I think somebody said was on Amazon Prime, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Currently watching weeds! Pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Currently watching weeds! Pretty good.
    Good show. I enjoyed it.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I'm going to add "The OA". Have to finish episode 2 before you decide to bail on this one (you won't because that's when it gets interesting). If you like Stranger Things, you will like this one.
    Just finished episode 5. NOW you figure out what the hell is going on. No spoiler here, but a recommendation for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I have still never watched anything on Amazon Prime. Have had it for years. Having DroidTV has spoiled me; I always have had plenty to watch.

I do want to watch Band of Brothers, which I think somebody said was on Amazon Prime, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    Now's a great time to jump into Band of Brothers, coming up on several relevant dates (VE Day 5/8, Memorial Day and D Day 6/6). I guarantee you're going to love it, but be prepared to devote some time to it because it has a high bingeability quotient.

Another good war miniseries by HBO you can catch on Prime is The Pacific, which was kind of like the Pacific War counterpart to Band of Brothers but also different (and a little darker and more graphic).
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

After that you'll want to watch The Pacific. Another Hanks and Speilberg collaboration. Brokaw nailed it when he said that was the greatest generation.

House of Cards starts a new season on May 30th.

"13 Reasons Why"..... just started it and it's pretty good. Dead HS girl leaves about her death. Just finish first episode. Predict I'll be thru 13 episodes by the end of the week

Last 3 shows you've watched on Netflix/Amazon Prime

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    After that you'll want to watch The Pacific. Another Hanks and Speilberg collaboration. Brokaw nailed it when he said that was the greatest generation.
    Sounds great.

Can anyone tell me if the sopranos is on anywhere or entourage?

Can anyone tell me if the sopranos is on anywhere or entourage?
    The Sopranos are on Amazon. Just checked and Entourage is as well.

Thanks!

The Last Kingdom is a nice show and Netflix original. Show is timelined when the Norse men were invading England before the country was called England.

Of course Better call Saul is back on.
    Loved this latest episode.

Mrs. BEvans and I have been enjoying Call The Midwife, a period drama set in London in the 50s/60s, on Netflix.

In honor of Memorial Day I rewatched Band of Brothers Episode 2 ("Day of Days") and am now working my way through the whole thing again. Forgot just how wonderful it is--cinematography, writing, acting, you name it.

Watched 13 reasons, really sad and all through the shows I hoped she did not do it!

I'm halfway thru the new season of house of card. Not giving it great reviews. Good but not great. Orange is the New black due out June 9th so looking forward to that. Also binge watching Big Bang via streaming. Really like that show

Well, watched my first Netflix thing ever last week, Stranger things. Binged watch through it all (actually, was on in the den, and I was doing something, and got accidentally caught up in it with my wife and daughter watching it, so I did as well.

Still haven't seen anything on Amazon Prime video.

Man, I must be the perfect customer for these people. If I had no wife and kids, since I don't ever use it lol.

Next season of stranger things comes out soon

I liked it. I liked that 80's feel to the entire thing, and they didn't try to rush anything, just sort of let the story be told the way it needed to develop. Probably weird to say that, but it felt right.

Good to hear that the new season is coming out. Of course, I don't even know how to turn on Netflix, so I'll have to get help.

D, do you have a smart TV with various apps? Chances are someone in your house uses Netflix and, if so, they can give you the password to use it on the Netflix app on your TV.