Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Last 3 shows you've watched on Netflix/Amazon Prime

Re: Last 3 shows you've watched on Netflix/Amazon Prime

Are you watching Justified on Netflix? I can't get it.
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

^I don't know about Netflix, but Justified's available on Amazon Prime:

https://smile.amazon.com/Fixer/dp/B0...ords=justified
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Not exactly related but, I loved Band of Brothers and was wondering if The Pacific was as good. Anyone?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

I really liked it but it was different from Band of Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Not exactly related but, I loved Band of Brothers and was wondering if The Pacific was as good. Anyone?
    Not AS good, but good. Robert Leckie wrote the Win Hadley" series of sports books for (I read them in elementary school, but then I read the entire school library in the 2nd grade) pre-teens.

He wrote several war books and one based on his time with The Marines in the Pacific. Robert Leckie is in the series.

I had Band of Brothers on my DroidTV app, and then HBO made them cut ties.

Does Amazon Prime have it?

I loved The Pacific. My grandfather fought in the Pacific theater and the show really brought home how horrific it was. I read "With the Old Breed" which was written by E.B. Sledge - who is one of the people shown in the series. I recommend the book to anyone who wants to learn more about the Pacific theater. War is hell.
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

Yep.

Fantastic. You made my day (night?)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Yep.

A bit off topic but I got a little nostalgic and watched some light-hearted comedies from the 70's and 80's, a binge of sorts.

The Burbs

The Dream Team

Silver Streak

Stir Crazy

See No Evil, Hear No Evil and

Midnight Run

Nothing Oscar worthy, just some good chuckles and a remembrance of simpler times.

Just saw Gene Wilder died today. Weird, having just watched 3 of his movies. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Just saw Gene Wilder died today. Weird, having just watched 3 of his movies. RIP
    If you follow my auctions please turn the audio off.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I love Midnight Run. Great writing & chemistry between DeNiro & Charles Grodin. Very underrated movie IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I love Midnight Run. Great writing & chemistry between DeNiro & Charles Grodin. Very underrated movie IMHO.
    The Litmus Configuration

Watching The Pacific now. Can't believe I put it off this long. Very well done.

Loved "Stranger things"

Now watching "Narcos" and its mind blowing.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
    Loved "Stranger things"

Now watching "Narcos" and its mind blowing.
    OK, I have to watch Narcos now. I keep forgetting about this show. On my list it goes. I can use it as background while I study Project Management.

Bombino

Just watched the first episode of Westworld on HBOGo, it was a really excellent first episode. Very high energy, very violent, NOT for kids (blood, full nudity, excessive violence, etc.). The story is an interesting blend of a Western, Jurassic Park and a Sci-Fi/Fantasy. Very strange but interesting combination.

I just started GOTHAM. Looks good enough. I started Quantico but it was too boring and so far fetched I had to nix it
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Watching Firefly again. Best show ever.

What does that make us?
    Big Damn heroes sir.
    Ain't we just?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Just finished the second episode (that is all that is published so far) and it was just as good, if not better, than the first. Really intense, graphic, violent, well written, intriguing. Very strong mystery in the story, several ongoing story lines, that are very intriguing. The characters are fleshing out very well, there is a lot going on and you are left wondering how will things connect next.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Watching Firefly again. Best show ever.

What does that make us?
    Big Damn heroes sir.
    Ain't we just?
    I am watching the first episode of Firefly now. It is one of those shows that were always on the back burner. Time to check it off the list.

I can say, based on the first episode of Firefly, it clearly influenced Westworld, both share the Wild West/Sci-Fi blend. Though one could argue that shades of the idea extend back to The Dark Tower Series from King, Dune from Herbert and the Hyperion Cantos from Simmons. I think you might enjoy WestWorld more than you realize. Keep in mind, this is based on the first episode of Firefly, but from what I have seen so far there is a lot you would like. It is not a palace drama based series (which you said you hate).

I have to say, we really are in the golden era of TV now. Intricate stories, creativity galore, everything that was lacking in regular Television.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 10-07-2016 at 09:12 PM.

By the first episode I assume you mean in the proper order, not the way Fox did them. Episode 1 is Serenity, then Train Job which was shown first (the pilot was never aired) is episode #2. Im sure you are, but thought I'd mention it for others.

I don't really "hate" palace based stuff, I'm just not as into the kinds of dynamics that are typically in such shows. I like good characterization, but more as depth to the person a la Star Trek versus the complex interpersonal dynamic stuff that is in most of the most popular TV today. In everything from game of Thrones to Walking Dead, so much of the show is about those dynamics, and some of that I find interesting but most of it I don't.

All that complex intrigue stuff just feels tedious to me, I keep wanting to fast forward to the end to see how it turns out so I can move on. I've always found a lot of the most popular TV to not really suit me. SciFi is mostly what I like, I think b/c a lot of the focus is on socio-political issues and such versus intricate sub-plots and such.

It's like Walking Dead. I really want to like that show, and I appreciate how well its done, but I just can't sit through it very easily. It's outstandingly well done, no doubt.

Starting the Sopranos again. Haven't watched it since the finale. (I liked the finale, just never felt like going back & starting it over.) Man, that 1st season is awesome.

Just binged Last Man On Earth on Hulu. So funny-can't believe I missed it for so long.

Oh, and death to Fox network and all those who cancelled Firefly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I just started GOTHAM. Looks good enough. I started Quantico but it was too boring and so far fetched I had to nix it
    I really liked Gotham after I watched the first season on Netflix. So much so that I preordered the entire 2nd season before it even started just so I could watch it on the road and not have to wait until I'm home on the weekend. Luckily for season 3 which just started a month ago, I've got the Fox app on my phone and can watch the day after it airs. Donal Logue is a very good actor and is really good on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    Are you watching Justified on Netflix? I can't get it.
    Only available streaming on Prime.

The entire series of Justified is 35 bucks on dvd on amazon, but 35 bucks a season to stream. I'm waiting for that to even out.

I liked "The Last Kingdom" about England and based on a series of books by Bernard Cornwell, whose books I like pretty well. They should be cheaper.

Blacklist and Persons of Interest have retained my interest.

Supergirl is superhot but the series is superbad.

"I gotta clean the second story gutters" is a very scary show I have a part in today

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Just finished the second episode (that is all that is published so far) and it was just as good, if not better, than the first. Really intense, graphic, violent, well written, intriguing. Very strong mystery in the story, several ongoing story lines, that are very intriguing. The characters are fleshing out very well, there is a lot going on and you are left wondering how will things connect next.

I am watching the first episode of Firefly now. It is one of those shows that were always on the back burner. Time to check it off the list.

I can say, based on the first episode of Firefly, it clearly influenced Westworld, both share the Wild West/Sci-Fi blend. Though one could argue that shades of the idea extend back to The Dark Tower Series from King, Dune from Herbert and the Hyperion Cantos from Simmons. I think you might enjoy WestWorld more than you realize. Keep in mind, this is based on the first episode of Firefly, but from what I have seen so far there is a lot you would like. It is not a palace drama based series (which you said you hate).

I have to say, we really are in the golden era of TV now. Intricate stories, creativity galore, everything that was lacking in regular Television.
    Finished watching Firefly, certainly an enjoyable show. Would have been interesting to see where they would have taken it if they had a few more seasons. Many of the characters were just hitting their stride at that time. Almost didn't recognize the Inara (sp?) as the same actress that played the love interest in Deadpool.

Westworld Ep. III came out last night, starting to see more "cracks in the armor" if you will. Much like Jurassic Park, which isn't surprising since Michael Crichton is listed as a writer, "nature finds a way". Really really well written, Anthony Hopkins character is really starting to gather some depth and we see a bit more of the "real world" in this episode. Still violent as all get out, but we are starting to see fragments of what might be going on.

So I finished season 1 of Gotham. How did nobody recommend this? I love this show. I'm not a comic book person but this show is fantastic. So.many subplots and background into the characters. You see the development of Commissionerror Gordon, the Penguin, Bruce Wayne plus trying to figure out who becomes who (which character will be the Joker, the Riddles although that one is obvious, catwoman, etc). It's a dynamite show even for non comic book/super hero geeks
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

Yes
    MOLON LABE!