Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Play KSR H.O.F. Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Indiana: 2016 NCAA Tournament Round of 32

Play the KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Indiana @ the 2016 NCAA Tournament Round of 32:

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-). If you believe that Kentucky will lose, make sure that you make it clearly known with a -- [minus sign], or something else.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.

3. Over/Under: "0.8": Tyler Ulis and Yogi Ferrell, starting point guards and superstar team leaders for UK and IU, respectively, are two of the very best guards in all of NCAA Basketball. One of the reasons they stand out so well is their ability to run their teams and share the ball. Ferrell averages 5.7 assists per game to 2.6 turnovers per game, which equates to a very good 2.9 assist/turnover ratio. Ulis averages 7.1 assists per game to 1.9 turnovers per game, which equates to a stellar 3.7 assist to turnover ratio. The difference between the A/TO ratios of both players is "0.8".

Select "Over" (+), "Under" (-), [or "Push" (0)] an 0.8 difference between Tyler Ulis and Yogi Ferrell in assist/turnover ratios for this 2016 NCAA Tournament Round of 32 game between UK and IU, rounded off to ONE decimal point. This "0.8" number assumes that Ulis will have the superior A/TO ratio, but if Ferrell ends up having the better mark, select the Over/Under accordingly. For example, if Ferrell ends up besting Ulis in A/TO ratio by a mark of +0.3, then the correct answer would be "Under, 1.1", based upon the original "+ 0.8" A/TO margin that Tyler averages better than Yogi coming into this game.

4. Secretaries of Defense: As good as Yogi Ferrell for IU and Tyler Ulis for UK are as leaders and defenders, both have invaluable teammates who are known as defensive stoppers, can guard many positions, and do a lot of dirty work, with or without the ball. These two Secretaries of Defense are Troy Williams for IU and Isaiah Briscoe for UK. Both are also vital scorers and rebounders for their respective teams. Williams averages, per game, 13 points, 6 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 0.8 blocks, 1.2 steals, 2.6 turnovers and 2.1 fouls. Briscoe averages, per game, 9.7 points, 5.4 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 0.15 blocks, 1 steal(s), 1.9 turnovers, 2.8 fouls. One can calculate a rough value of each Secretary of Defense to his team by adding the amount of accumulated points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals together and then subtracting the amount of turnovers and fouls committed to get a final "Value to the Team" figure.

Which player, Troy Williams for IU or Isaiah Briscoe for UK, will have the highest final "Value to the Team" number and what will that final number be for the game? Name the player that you think will have the highest "Value to the Team" number, and then what that number will be. Just add what you believe each player's amount of accumulated points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals will be and then subtract what you believe each player's amount of accumulated turnovers and fouls will be to equal the final "Value to the Team" number. Just need player's name and final "Value to Team" number.

TB: Total amount of free throws made by Kentucky in the game.

Good luck and Go BIG BLUE!!!
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Re: Play KSR H.O.F. Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Indiana: 2016 NCAA Tournament Round of

IU by 5
    Ferrell 20
    Under 1.0
    Williams 14
    Tb: 15

Re: Play KSR H.O.F. Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Indiana: 2016 NCAA Tournament Round of

UK by 9
    Murray 28
    Plus 3
    Briscoe 22
    Tb 12

Play KSR H.O.F. Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Indiana: 2016 NCAA Tournament Round of 32

1) Cats by 5

2) Murray 23

3) plus 4

4) Briscoe 21

Tb) 16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

UK by 4
    Ulis 18
    Plus 3
    Briscoe 12
    Tb 12

1) +6
    2) Murray 23
    3) +1.0
    4) Briscoe 19
    TB) 13
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Kentucky +2
    Murray 27
    Under 1
    Briscoe 19
    Go Cats!

1. UK +5
    2. Ferrell, 26
    3. +0.7
    4. Briscoe 18
    TB 19

UK by 12

Murray 27

+ 1.9

Briscoe 17

..and you heard it all here first!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

1. UK by 12
    2. Murray, 26
    3. Over, 0.3
    4. Briscoe, 18

TB: 17

1) UK by 12

2) Murray 23

3) Ulis 2.0

4) Williams 20

TB 20
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-):

Only Flounder chose IU.

One point to Flounder.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game:

Only Edward chose Ulis, who led all scorers with 27.

One point to Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-):

Only Flounder chose IU.

One point to Flounder.
    It's easy for me to say now, but I thought he was going to be right. I was going to join him, and decided I would hope.

3. Over/Under: Select "Over" (+), "Under" (-), [or "Push" (0)] an 0.8 difference between Tyler Ulis and Yogi Ferrell in assist/turnover ratios for this 2016 NCAA Tournament Round of 32 game between UK and IU, rounded off to ONE decimal point. This "0.8" number assumes that Ulis will have the superior A/TO ratio, but if Ferrell ends up having the better mark, select the Over/Under accordingly.

Ulis had 3 assists to 4 T/O's for an A/TO ratio of 0.8 for the game. Ferrell had 4 assists and 1 turnover for a flat A/TO ratio of 4.0. That is a 3.20 difference in favor of Ferrell, which when factored from the question's original starting point of +0.8 for Ulis, equals an answer of "Under, 4.05".

Only two contestants guessed "Under". Paduka and Flounder both guessed "Under 1".

One point each to Paduka and Flounder.

4. Secretaries of Defense: Which player, Troy Williams for IU or Isaiah Briscoe for UK, will have the highest final "Value to the Team" number and what will that final number be for the game? Just add what you believe each player's amount of accumulated points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals will be and then subtract what you believe each player's amount of accumulated turnovers and fouls will be to equal the final "Value to the Team" number.

Troy Williams had 13 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 blocks, and 0 steals, which equals 20 in his favor. He had 4 turnovers and 4 fouls, which equals 8 not in his favor, subtracted from 20 = a Total Team Value of 12 for Williams. Isaiah Briscoe had 7 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 blocks, and 1 steal, which equals 12 in his favor. He had 3 turnovers and 4 fouls, which equals 8 not in his favor, subtracted from 12 = a Total Team Value of 4 for Briscoe. The exact correct answer is therefore "Williams, 12" for this Game Contest point.

Only two players chose "Williams", Doc choosing a TTV of "20" and Flounder choosing a TTV of "14", which means Flounder is closer to the actual figure of "12"

One point for Flounder.

So with one point each for Edward and Paduka, I say "valiant effort", gentlemen, but... this one belongs to Flounder, he with THREE game points, finishing this last KSR Game Contest of the 2015-'16 season with a victory that merely stamped the exclamation point on his mastery of the game on the season.

I do believe he finished with most H.O.F. entries, aka WINS, thus a hearty "Congrats" Flounder on winning this last Game Contest of the season and the same goes for his overall season win, giving him bragging rights until next season... a season wherein Kentucky will be VERY VERY good.

I can't wait, yet I will be going into my typical months long hibernation mode.

It's been fun, but I gotta run... see ya in a... while.

Peace.

I hate that I "won" so often when UK lost. I would have loved to be wrong, especially tonight.

Thank you Darrell and Krank for running this game. I know it is a lot of work and time and I appreciate you giving us this opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I hate that I "won" so often when UK lost. I would have loved to be wrong, especially tonight.

Thank you Darrell and Krank for running this game. I know it is a lot of work and time and I appreciate you giving us this opportunity.
    I won when Kentucky lost, too. I would rather be wrong when picking against Kentucky, as would we all. I like being able to pick free of desires. I wish I had done that today, but I waffled, too.

Plus, I picked who I thought would win the national championship based on who I thought - Michigan State - rather than who I wanted. And I saw how that turned out, so I tried something different.

Congratulations, Flounder. You did a good job this year, and well deserving of the season championship. Thanks very much to our man, Krank, who really added spark to the contest at a very tough time for me at work. My MVP for the season, for sure.

Thanks to everyone for playing. I'd love to get even more participation next year with it, and will make that a preseason goal. It was good this year, like to see it great next year.

Congrats Flounder.

Thanks guys, for running this game. Very enjoyable and I will now admit. I am the worst HOF player of the year...but a very good looking guy.

I guess ya' can't have it all.
    Last edited by kingcat; 03-19-2016 at 09:09 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    So with one point each for Edward and Paduka, I say "valiant effort", gentlemen, but... this one belongs to Flounder, he with THREE game points, finishing this last KSR Game Contest of the 2015-'16 season with a victory that merely stamped the exclamation point on his mastery of the game on the season.

I do believe he finished with most H.O.F. entries, aka WINS, thus a hearty "Congrats" Flounder on winning this last Game Contest of the season and the same goes for his overall season win, giving him bragging rights until next season... a season wherein Kentucky will be VERY VERY good.

I can't wait, yet I will be going into my typical months long hibernation mode.

It's been fun, but I gotta run... see ya in a... while.

Peace.
    Kranster, thanks and great job running the game for the close out of the season. Even though I got skunked this year for my worst performance ever HOF Game is still my favorite. Kudos to both you and Darrell, but next year could you please ask better questions lol. (ones I'm likely to get right)

Remember to breath my friend while on your annual hiatus/sabbatical. See you in June when the roster is solidified and we start our annual campaign for the ever elusive #9,#9,#9 along with the rest of BBN.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

yeah krank thanks for putting in the time you did great
    Go Cats!