Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remember when...

Rupp's Runt

Re: Remember when...

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Does "they had it coming to'em" count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The last murder trial we had here the defendant took the stand to testify. I about fell over when he turned to the jury and told them "the SOB was just begging to be shot, so I did it!".
    Not surprisingly, the jury found him guilty.
    MOLON LABE!

Now, now.. Let's be careful and air on the side of caution. No need to be their escape goat.

Remember when you could eat an entire box of cereal and not gain a pound? I can still eat a box of cereal, just killed some Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
    Go Cats!

Remember the Dukes of Hazard, my favorite show of all time? "just a good 'ole boys, never meanin no harm. Beats all they ever saw been in trouble with the law since the day they were born".

Heard that coming on one time as a kid and took off running from the kitchen to our "garage converted to a den" and tripped on a threshold and fell headfirst on the brick steps. Trip to the ER.
    Go Cats!

Remember when...

Remember when...

Turns were signaled by sticking your arm out the window, arm straight out was a left turn, and arm bent upward hand open was a right turn.

They had signals before I started driving but I remember my grandfather signaling out the window with his arm

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Remember when elevators had operators and they had scissor style gates instead of doors?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    Remember the Dukes of Hazard, my favorite show of all time? "just a good 'ole boys, never meanin no harm. Beats all they ever saw been in trouble with the law since the day they were born".

Heard that coming on one time as a kid and took off running from the kitchen to our "garage converted to a den" and tripped on a threshold and fell headfirst on the brick steps. Trip to the ER.

More like "Remember when watching that didn't get you labelled as a racist?"
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

When you first got hooked up to the phone company you had to hook up to a eight party line.

Area Code
    Exchange
    Trunk

Thanks for the memory ukblue.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Remember when...

While we're on the subject of phones

Remember rotary phones? At one point we had a horrible number to dial

897-0003.... It took forever to dial.. If it had been 0009 nobody would have ever called us.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

That gives new meaning to "speed dial"
    seeya
    dan

Remember when...

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    That gives new meaning to "speed dial"
    I was the happiest guy ever when touch tone phones came out.

I actually used the excuse to my parents when asked why I didn't call and tell them I was going to be late was because it would take too long.

I still have a rotary dial phone. Can't tear it up and works if the power is off.

I have an early touch tone phone that does the same thing. Can't think of even going back to rotary, as I would never be able to call blueboss.
    seeya
    dan

Fab Five

remember when............

there was no air conditioning

Remember when...

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    remember when............

there was no air conditioning
    I remember when we got air conditioning in our house, and when we got a car with air conditioning

Remember when

Businesses had the polar bear sign on the front door advertising their business was air conditioned

They always said "Brrrrrrrr come on in it's cool inside"

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I remember when we got air conditioning in our house, and when we got a car with air conditioning

Remember when

Businesses had the polar bear sign on the front door advertising their business was air conditioned

They always said "Brrrrrrrr come on in it's cool inside"

I remember when our family got the first air conditioner. It was a window unit. It served the dining room and living room, but the kids were never allowed in those rooms. We never ran the unit all that much. My mother believed the air conditioner was the source of her sinus problems.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    That's back when you could not accidently murder someone, nor intentionally murder someone and get away with it on a technicality.

That is when cars were made of steel and had chrome that would protect folks more so than today.

Bombino

Remember when...

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    That is when cars were made of steel and had chrome that would protect folks more so than today.
    Haha, you are being sarcastic I hope.

Rupp's Runt

My Dad had an old Buick, early 50's model, and it had an A/C unit in it. You had to put a big chunk of ice in the side opening port. Do any of you guys here remember anything similiar to that?
    MOLON LABE!

Remember when...

Remember when

A&W was a drive in sodie pop shop, and they gave you those little plastic monkeys hanging on the side of the mugs??