Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

KSR H.O.F. Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Stony Brook: 2016 NCAA Tournament Round of 64

Play the KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Stony Brook @ the 2016 NCAA Tournament Round of 64:

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-). If you believe that Kentucky will lose, make sure that you make it clearly known with a -- [minus sign], or something else.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.

3. Over/Under: "11": Kentucky needs it's D to be ready for the rigors of the NCAA Tournament. On the season, Kentucky has averaged 5.6 blocks per game AND 5.6 steals per game. Adding them together yields a total of 11.2 blocks and steals, combined into one number, per game. Guess the total number of blocks and steals, added together to equal one combined number, "Over" (+), Under (-), [or "Push" (0)] 11 steals+blocks combined in the game vs. Stony Brook on Thursday night. Just need "Over" (+), "Under" (-), and the predicted number difference from 11 (eleven).

4. Four Forward Shadowing: Alex Poythress, Marcus Lee, Derek Willis, and Skal Labissiere are the main cogs in UK's front court, all averaging at least 15 minutes per game. To offset the potential power scoring of Stony Brook star Jameel Warney, the aforementioned Four Wildcat forwards are going to have to have a presence, individually, and collectively. Predict which of these four Kentucky forwards will have the greatest accumulation of four key stats: points, rebounds, blocks, and steals, and HOW MANY that player will have, added up into ONE combined number. For example, if you believe Alex will have 10 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 2 STEALS, all combined into one total number of 22, just need "Alex Poythress, 22".

TB: Number of field goal attempts for Tyler Ulis, Jamal Murray, and Isaiah Briscoe, combined into one total number.
    Last edited by Krank; 03-17-2016 at 07:08 PM.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

KSR H.O.F. Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Stony Brook: 2016 NCAA Tournament Round of 64

1) Cats by 18

2) Murray 28

3) + 4

4) Alex 27

Tb) 40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: KSR H.O.F. Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Stony Brook: 2016 NCAA Tournament Round of

Cats by 14
    Ulis, 22
    +2
    Lee, 18
    TB: 31

Re: KSR H.O.F. Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Stony Brook: 2016 NCAA Tournament Round of

1) +10
    2) Murray 23
    3) 0 - Push
    4) Willis 18
    TB) 34
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

+18
    Murray, 29
    Over, 4
    Willis, 24

TB: 35

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

+22
    Murray, 25
    Over, 3
    Alex 19
    TB 33
    Go Cats!

Bombino

+24
    Murray, 29
    Over, 3
    Willis 19
    TB 33

UK by 29
    Murray 21
    Willis 20
    Tb: 42

UK by 17
    Murray 24
    +5
    Willis 20
    Tb 36

1) +23

2) MUrray w/31

3) under 3

4) Alex 18

TB 31
    Last edited by Doc; 03-17-2016 at 01:05 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

1. +25
    2. Warney, 27
    3. +6
    4. Willis, 20
    TB - 36

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Play the KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: [COLOR="#0000CD. "]Kentucky[/COLOR] vs. Stony Brook @ the 2016 NCAA Tournament Round of 64:

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-). If you believe that Kentucky will lose, make sure that you make it clearly known with a -- [minus sign], or something else.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.

3. Over/Under: "11": Kentucky needs it's D to be ready for the rigors of the NCAA Tournament. On the season, Kentucky has averaged 5.6 blocks per game AND 5.6 steals per game. Adding them together yields a total of 11.2 blocks and steals, combined into one number, per game. Guess the total number of blocks and steals, added together to equal one combined number, "Over" (+), Under (-), [or "Push" (0)] 11 steals+blocks combined in the game vs. Stony Brook on Thursday night. Just need "Over" (+), "Under" (-), and the predicted number difference from 11 (eleven).

4. Four Forward Shadowing: Alex Poythress, Marcus Lee, Derek Willis, and Skal Labissiere are the main cogs in UK's front court, all averaging at least 15 minutes per game. To offset the potential power scoring of Stony Brook star Jameel Warney, the aforementioned Four Wildcat forwards are going to have to have a presence, individually, and collectively. Predict which of these four Kentucky forwards will have the greatest accumulation of four key stats: points, rebounds, blocks, and steals, and HOW MANY that player will have, added up into ONE combined number. For example, if you believe Alex will have 10 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 2 assists, all combined into one total number of 22, just need "Alex Poythress, 22".

TB: Number of field goal attempts for Tyler Ulis, Jamal Murray, and Isaiah Briscoe, combined into one total number.

Fab Five

Good Grief! i'll try this but I'm not sure I can do it in one sitting.

1. +17

2.Warney +30

3. +6

4. Could I predict the number of fouls the four will have? That's much easier.

Alex 25.

TB 38
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 03-17-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Good Grief! i'll try this but I'm not sure I can do it in one sitting.

1. +17

2.Warney +30

3. +6

4. Could I predict the number of fouls the four will have? That's much easier.

Alex 25.

TB 38
    You can predict whatever you want, lol, but you only score if you answer the actual question correctly.

Good luck, Mick. You know your stuff, so you don't need luck though.

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    4. Four Forward Shadowing: Alex Poythress, Marcus Lee, Derek Willis, and Skal Labissiere are the main cogs in UK's front court, all averaging at least 15 minutes per game. To offset the potential power scoring of Stony Brook star Jameel Warney, the aforementioned Four Wildcat forwards are going to have to have a presence, individually, and collectively. Predict which of these four Kentucky forwards will have the greatest accumulation of four key stats: points, rebounds, blocks, and steals, and HOW MANY that player will have, added up into ONE combined number. For example, if you believe Alex will have 10 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 2 assists, all combined into one total number of 22, just need "Alex Poythress, 22".

Just noticed an error in the example I used for this point. Apologies to all... STEALS is the stat that is pertinent in this point, as highlighted above in blue. Assists are NOT a stat that is pertinent, as is incorrectly shown in the example showing "Alex" above. Please change your picks if this confused you. Late notice, so on the honors system, anyone who does not see this in time and claims "assists" as a stat used in lieu of "steals" will be honored. Apologies, again, to all.

UK by 35

Poythress 24

+2

Poythress 30

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

1. UK by 26
    2. Murray, 26
    3. Over, 1
    4. Poythress, 26

TB: 41

+23
    Warney 28
    +7
    Alex 18
    TB 34

Grading time...

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-): Kentucky's debut in the 2016 NCAA Tournament was as successful as Cats fans had hoped with UK dispatching Stony Brook by a score of 85-57. That's a margin of exactly 28 points.

Let's see who got closest. Darrell had a good guess of UK "+25". Krank did him one better, guessing "UK by 26", but it was Flounder getting back into the mix with a guess of "UK by 29", just one off the actual margin.

One point to Flounder.

Good job, Flounder!

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game: Although Kentucky featured five players in double figures (all five being starters), including Jamal Murray with 19 points, which led all Wildcat scorers, it was Jameel Warney, Stony Brook's star, who led all scorers with 23.

Three Game contestants chose Warney. Mick predicted "Warney +30". Terminus got closer with his "Warney 28" prediction, but it was Darrell who got closest, selecting "Warney, 27".

One point to Darrell KSR.

Nice work, Darrell!

3. Over/Under: "11": Guess the total number of blocks and steals, added together to equal one combined number, "Over" (+), Under (-), [or "Push" (0)] 11 steals+blocks combined in the game vs. Stony Brook.

I can promise you that I had NO idea, once I created this Game Contest question, that UK would set an all-time record of 15 blocks in one NCAA Tournament game vs. Stony Brook. Kentucky also had 9 steals in the game, one of the best defensive performances of the entire season. So 15 blocks + 9 steals is equal to a total combined number of 24. Therefore the exact correct answer is "Over, 13". Amazing.

Mick and Darrell both got close, guessing "+6", but it was Terminus with a selection of "+7" that got closest.

One point for Terminus.

Good guess, Terminus!

4. Four Forward Shadowing: Predict which of these four Kentucky forwards will have the greatest accumulation of four key stats: points, rebounds, blocks, and steals, and HOW MANY that player will have, added up into ONE combined number:

As it turned out, Poythress got 12 points, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks, and 2 steals in the game, which equals 20, but it was young Skal Labissiere who ended up being the dude on this one, getting 12 points, 4 rebounds, 6 blocks, and 1 steal, which equals a total number of 23.

So who got closest?

Many picked Alex, which was a good guess. Many picked Willis, and Derek has been excellent getting numbers outside of shooting, but neither made the grade today because "Nobody" chose Skal, therefore nobody gets the point and is immediately disqualified.

No point awarded.

Good job, Nobody!

Going to the tiebreaker...

We have Flounder, Darrell, and Terminus, all with one point each heading into this TB...
    Last edited by Krank; 03-19-2016 at 12:03 AM.

Tyler went 4-10 from the field for the game, while Isaiah went 5-8 and Jamal went 7-16. That equals 34 total FG attempts for UK's brilliant starting three guards.

Flounder guessed "42", Darrell got close with "36", but it was Terminus who totally nailed the TB for this Game Contest with a perfect "34".

Terminus WINS! Victory for Terminus!.

Good job everyone and good luck in the next Game Contest, posted now (link below), for the big UK vs. IU game!

http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums...nt-Round-of-32
    Last edited by Krank; 03-19-2016 at 12:04 AM.

Congrats, Terminus! Great picks.

Good job T

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain