Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Texas A&M: 2016 SEC Tourney Championship

Play KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Texas A&M @ the 2016 SEC Tournament Championship:

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-). If you believe that Kentucky will lose, make sure that you make it clearly known with a -- [minus sign], or something else.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.

3. Over/Under: "Board-'0'": In it's only game played this season vs. Texas A&M, Kentucky was out rebounded on the offensive glass by 20-6, a 14-board margin, while the Cats outdid the Aggies on the defensive glass 30-21, a 9-board margin. Who will win the OVERALL rebounding battle today in the SEC Championship game between the league's best two teams AND will that same team also win on the offensive boards?

For this Game Contest point, select the team who will have the most TOTAL rebounds for the game AND if that team will be "Over" (+), "Under" (-), [or "Push" (0)] a ZERO (0) offensive board margin for the game. For example, if you believe Texas A&M will have more TOTAL OVERALL rebounds in the game, but will have two less offensive boards than UK, select "Texas A&M; Under (-), 2". Need both the better TOTAL rebounding team AND "Over" (+), "Under" (-), [or "Push" (0)] zero ("0") offensive rebounds more/less/equal compared to their opponent.

4. "Go Ask" Alex "When He's Ten Feet Tall": Everyone's favorite Wildcat, Alex Poythress, Academic All-American and definitive Elder Statesman of UK Basketball's Calipari era, came to play in full Beast Regalia in UK's three wins over Florida, LSU, and Alabama. In those wins, he averaged 66.7% on 18-27 from the field and 6.67 rebounds per game.

For Alex Poythress' 2016 SEC Championship Game against Texas A&M, select which of his statistics will vary the most from their respective numbers and by how much they will vary, "Plus" (+) or "Minus" (-) from "66.7%" if "FG Percentage" is chosen or "6.67" if "Rebounding" is chosen. Answers must include choice of one of those two stats, and the percentage or number of variance, plus or minus.

TB: Number of fouls called in the game on both teams, combined as one total.

Good luck and GO BIG BLUE!!!
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Re: KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Texas A&M: 2016 SEC Tourney Champion

UK by 8
    Murray 31
    ATM + 5
    Rebounding +3
    Tb: 32

1. +12
    2. Murray, 26
    3. Tamu, +2
    4. Rebounding +4

TB: 48

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Re: KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Texas A&M: 2016 SEC Tourney Champion

1) +13

2) J Jones 28

3) - 5 (ATM outrebounds UK 5)

4) FG% drops 15%

TB 47
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

1) UK +4
    2) Murray 23
    3) A&M +4
    4) Rebounds +1.37
    TB) 45
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

One and Done

1- UK by 7
    2 - Murray with 26
    3 - A&M by 5
    4 - Rebounds +4
    TB - 49

+2
    Murray 32
    A&M +6
    FG% -12
    TB - 40
    Go Cats!

1. + 10

2. Jamal Murray, 25

3. A&M OVER 3

4. FG -17%

TB - 33

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Play KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Texas A&M @ the 2016 SEC Tournament Championship:

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-). If you believe that Kentucky will lose, make sure that you make it clearly known with a -- [minus sign], or something else.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.

3. Over/Under: "Board-'0'": In it's only game played this season vs. Texas A&M, Kentucky was out rebounded on the offensive glass by 20-6, a 14-board margin, while the Cats outdid the Aggies on the defensive glass 30-21, a 9-board margin. Who will win the OVERALL rebounding battle today in the SEC Championship game between the league's best two teams AND will that same team also win on the offensive boards?

For this Game Contest point, select the team who will have the most TOTAL rebounds for the game AND if that team will be "Over" (+), "Under" (-), [or "Push" (0)] a ZERO (0) offensive board margin for the game. For example, if you believe Texas A&M will have more TOTAL OVERALL rebounds in the game, but will have two less offensive boards than UK, select "Texas A&M; Under (-), 2". Need both the better TOTAL rebounding team AND "Over" (+), "Under" (-), [or "Push" (0)] zero ("0") offensive rebounds more/less/equal compared to their opponent.

4. "Go Ask" Alex "When He's Ten Feet Tall": Everyone's favorite Wildcat, Alex Poythress, Academic All-American and definitive Elder Statesman of UK Basketball's Calipari era, came to play in full Beast Regalia in UK's three wins over Florida, LSU, and Alabama. In those wins, he averaged 66.7% on 18-27 from the field and 6.67 rebounds per game.

For Alex Poythress' 2016 SEC Championship Game against Texas A&M, select which of his statistics will vary the most from their respective numbers and by how much they will vary, "Plus" (+) or "Minus" (-) from "66.7%" if "FG Percentage" is chosen or "6.67" if "Rebounding" is chosen. Answers must include choice of one of those two stats, and the percentage or number of variance, plus or minus.

TB: Number of fouls called in the game on both teams, combined as one total.

Good luck and GO BIG BLUE!!!

Aggies by 5
    House 25
    Aggies +6
    Rebounds +4
    Tb 37

KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Texas A&M: 2016 SEC Tourney Championship

1) Cats by 6

2) Murray 24

3) KY +4

4) Rebounding + 5 ( hope he doesn't go chasing rabbits)

tb) 43

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

UK by 7
    Murray 29
    Tamu + 4
    Rebounding +2
    Tb: 38

1. UK by 12
    2. Murray, 25
    3. UK, Under, 1
    4. FG%, -11.1%

TB: 34

UK by 10

Ulis 28

Push

Rebounding +5

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I can't wait to grade this one...

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-):

YEAH!!!

Kentucky won their 29th SEC Tournament Title today, vanquishing Texas A&M 82-77, in a thrilling OT contest. This stamps the exclamation point on who REALLY is THE Champion of the SEC, the Kentucky Wildcats.

That's a five point win for the Cats, taking vengeance on the Aggie team whom they had lost to earlier due to a controversial call near game's end. Tyler Ulis wouldn't LET his Cats lose today... and neither would Derek Willis... and neither would Jamal Murray... and neither would Isaiah Briscoe, but I digress... sorry, still giddy from the big win!

Pappy got close to the five point margin with his "UK +4" pick and blueboss got just as close on the other side, choosing "Cats by 6", but only Nobody chose "UK by 5", but SOMEbody has to win this point...

those bodies belong to TWO of our best, Pappy and blueboss. That's one point for each.

Nice start, gentlemen!

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game:

Tyler Ulis had a career day producing points today, scoring 30 for Kentucky in their SEC Title win over tough Texas A&M. It was timely, of course, because he had little support for most of the game. Jamal Murray had his first off shooting game in what seems like an eternity, yet after Derek Willis hit the biggest shot of the game, to put UK ahead for good, Murray was ready to ice it with a big bombing three that he AND WE needed to see go.

What a fun game, and so great to see Ulis take control of the game and cement his well-earned POY of the SEC.

As great as his performance was, thing is that he was NOT the leading scorer in the game. That would be Texas A&M's Danuel House, who "enjoyed" his career best night scoring the ball in delicious defeat (I think most of agree that Aggies do taste incredible when grilled by Kentucky Wildcats), putting up 32 points.

Who among the super intelligent Caste of KSR'errrrs took this game point to the House (yeah, I went there, so what?)?

Harlow... BOOM!!! That's who, and nobody else... Harlow picked "House 25" and he gets this Game Contest point.

One point for Harlow.

Good job!

3. Over/Under: "Board-'0'": Select the team who will have the most TOTAL rebounds for the game AND if that team will be "Over" (+), "Under" (-), [or "Push" (0)] a ZERO (0) offensive board margin for the game:

Texas A&M lost the game. That's what counts to Cats fans, but for this Game Contest point, the Aggies were a winner, out rebounding UK for the game, 41-35, so winner(s) for this point must have chosen Texas A&M for part one of the answer. The Aggies also had more offensive rebounds than Kentucky, besting the Cats 17-11, which is a margin of +6 for TAM, which is the answer for the second part of this Game Contest point.

Who got both parts right and/or got closest?

Multiple contestants got close with picks of "Texas A&M, Over, 4" or "Over, 5", but TWO players nailed this one... Paduka and Harlow picked "A&M Aggies +6"

One point each for Paduka and Harlow.

Excellent picks, Paduka and Harlow!

4. "Go Ask" Alex "When He's Ten Feet Tall": For Alex Poythress' 2016 SEC Championship Game against Texas A&M, select which of his statistics will vary the most from their respective numbers and by how much they will vary, "Plus" (+) or "Minus" (-) from "66.7%" if "FG Percentage" is chosen or "6.67" if "Rebounding" is chosen:

Mr. Poythress was a key part of UK's win over Texas A&M today. He was one of five UK players in double digits, scoring 10 points on 3-6 from the field, including 1-2 from three, and 3-5 from the line. He shot 50% from the field for the game and grabbed 6 rebounds. So Alex was slightly more off in his overall FG% (50% vs. TAM as opposed to 66.7% in the 3-game sample for this point, yielding a -16.7% difference), compared to his rebounding (6 vs. TAM as opposed to avg. of 6.67 in the 3-game sample for this point), but how did KSR competitors do in predicting this?

Of the folks who correctly chose "FG%", Paduka had a nice pick of "FG% -12". Doc did even better, picking "FG% drops 15%", but it was Darrell KSR with a very close pick of "FG -17%" that took home the prize here.

Could Darrell tie up Flounder, for the season, by taking home this HOF Game Contest? We shall see.

For now, one point to Darrell.

Nice work, Mr. Darrell!

Sorry about the delay in grading Question #4. I was all into checking the brackets when I was about to get into that one, so the grading got interrupted for hours...

So, in summary, we have the following KSR HOF competitors, for this Game Contest, with one point accumulated for each: Pappy, blueboss, Paduka, and Darrell.

One player secured TWO Game Contest points and that was Harlow, nailing Q#3 in a tie and getting closest on Q#2, to therefore render a tiebreaker moot and take home THIS particular KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest.

Harlow wins! You don't!

Thanks to all for another good game and Congrats to Harlow on another entry into the KSR H.O.F.!

Go BIG BLUE!!!

In a day or two, I hope to have up the next Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Stony Brook in the First ("Second"?) Round of the NCAA Tournament ("Round of 64"?).

Thanks krank

Wow, I was certain I'd win that one. Good job Harlow

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Texas A&M: 2016 SEC Tourney Cham...

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Wow, I was certain I'd win that one. Good job Harlow
    Wow! I was pretty certain I'd lose this too...

Congrats Harlow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

thanks for putting these together krank, doing awesome
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    thanks for putting these together krank, doing awesome
    Thanks a ton, Paduka.

It's a fun time of year to be looking at stats and such, although I expect to do just as poorly as usual when I get my brackets completed.