Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Bama @ 2016 SEC Tournament Quarterfinals

Play KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Alabama @ the 2016 SEC Tournament Quarterfinals:

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-). If you believe that Kentucky will lose, make sure that you make it clearly known with a -- [minus sign], or something else.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.

3. Over/Under: "15": In UK's two regular season contests vs. Alabama, the Wildcats battered the Tide on the boards, averaging 42 total rebounds vs. Alabama's average of 27 boards over those same two games. That is an average of a +15 rebounding margin for UK vs. Alabama in the 80 total minutes of basketball thus far played between the two teams. Select "Over"(+), "Under"(-), [or Push (0)] "15" more rebounds that UK will have vs. Alabama in the Cats first 2016 SEC Tournament game. It matters not who actually wins the rebounding battle for this point. For example, should Alabama out-rebound Kentucky by 2, the exact correct answer would be "Under, 17", etc. So, just need "Over"(+), "Under"(-), and the number different than a +15 rebounding advantage for UK, or "Push"(0).

4. Skallellujah: What fun it was to see the Cats' young Mr. Labissiere break out in the regular season finale victory for UK over LSU in Rupp Arena. Skal had his best overall game of the year, posting numbers of 18 points on 8-10 shooting from the field and 2-3 from the line, 9 rebounds including 2 offensive boards, 2 assists, and 6 big blocks. How will Skal do in UK's first 2016 SEC Tournament game? How many combined points, rebounds, and blocks, TOTAL as one number, will Skal post vs. Alabama?

TB: Number of offensive rebounds in the game for UK.

Good luck and GO BIG BLUE!!!
    Last edited by Krank; 03-10-2016 at 08:08 PM.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Re: KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Bama @ 2016 SEC Tournament Quarterfin

UK by 9
    Obasohan 26
    + 7
    Tb: 10

Re: KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Bama @ 2016 SEC Tournament Quarterfin

UK by 11
    Obasohan 22
    10 skal

UK by 14
    Murray 26
    under 10
    tb 12
    Go Cats!

KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. Bama @ 2016 SEC Tournament Quarterfinals

1) Cats by 16

2) Murray 24

3) + 7

4) 25

Tb) 16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

1. +8

2, Obasohan, 30

3. Under, 5

4. 13

TB - 11

1. +17
    2. Murray, 30
    3. Over, 1
    4. 24

TB: 15

UK by 18

Tyler Ulis 23

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

1. UK by 12
    2. Murray, 23
    3. Under, 2
    4. 14

TB: 12

Let's see who makes the grade...

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-): In one of Kentucky's finest team performances of the season, the Cats christened their 2016 SEC Tournament debut with an emphatic statement of cohesiveness and offensive firepower, likely ending Alabama's hopes for an invite to the Dance as the Tide was quelled, 85-59, in front of a rollicking, BBN-dominated crowd in Nashville-Cats-ville tonight.

Let's see who got closest to predicting UK's fun-filled 26-point victory...

Interestingly, not one Game Conestant guessed that the Wildcats would win by 20+ points despite how Bama had been dominated by UK in the regular season. Mr. blueboss did well with his "Cats by 16" pick. Thedonnie one-upped him, with his UK "+17" selection, but it was THE KINGcat who edged out both of those seasoned vets, choosing "UK by 18".

One point for kingcat.

Good start by my man, king!

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game: My personal player of the game tonight was Tennessee native Alex Poythress, who scored 20 efficient points on 7-8 from the field, a crowd-electrifying 4-5 from THREE, and 2-2 from the line along with 7 rebounds, 4 on the offensive glass.

The AleX-factor was in full effect tonight, yet he was not the leading scorer in the game. Arthur Edwards led the Tide with 20, followed by Retin Obasahan's 18, but it was... surprise, surprise (*smirk*)... UK's flaming-dagger-throwing Jamal Murray who led all scorers with 23 points on 8-15 FG (5-9 3FG) and 2-2 FT, along with 3 boards, 1 steal and a glittering 4 assists to 1 turnover, inspiring Coach Calipari to insist that he is playing like "one of the best players in the country" in his on-court postgame interview. That's 11 straight games of 20+ points for young Mr. Murray and a Tony Delk-record-tying 32 straight games of at least ONE three point shot made. Outstanding!

So who picked Jamal and how close did they get?

Lotta confidence in Murray going off in this one with Darrell and Thedonnie choosing Jamal with 30, Paduka guessing 26, and blueboss with a great guess of 24, but it was Krank who nailed this one on the nose with a pick of "Murray, 23".

One point for Krank.

*Pats self on back*

3. Over/Under: "15": Select "Over"(+), "Under"(-), [or Push (0)] "15" more rebounds that UK will have vs. Alabama in the Cats first 2016 SEC Tournament game. It matters not who actually wins the rebounding battle for this point: Alabama needed to do much better on the boards in their third game of the season vs. Kentucky in order to compete and have a chance to advance in the SEC Tournament and they did improve greatly, snatching 27 rebounds to the Cats' 31 total for the game. Fortunately for UK fans, that wasn't nearly enough, Big Blue sending the Tide back to Tuscaloosa in defeat.

So UK had a rebounding margin of +4 on the night, which means that the exact answer to this game point was "Under, 11" (i.e. 11 under the 15 rebound margin cushion UK was given for the parameters of this game point).

Let's see who saw the Tide being more scrappy on the glass in their loss tonight to UK...

Darrell and kingcat had solid picks of "Under (-) 5", but it was the palooka from Paduka(cat) who damn near aced this one, with an excellent prediction of "Under, 10".

One point for Padukacat.

Nice job, Paduka!

4. Skallellujah: How many combined points, rebounds, and blocks, TOTAL as one number, will Skal post vs. Alabama?:

Young Mr. Labissiere had another solid game against Bama in the Cats' rock-rolling of the Tide in the SEC Tournament Quarters, but it wasn't going to be easy to follow up his brilliant performance vs. LSU at Rupp Arena in the last regular season game of the year. Still, he was a part of an excellent team game for the Cats, hitting key shots and grabbing big boards to help keep UK's momentum going onward and upward as the postseason continues. Skal ended up with 7 points on 3-6 shooting from the field and 1-2 from the line, 7 rebounds including 2 offensive, and 0 blocks on the night.

Good stat line for 18 minutes IMO, especially due to the timing of his makes and how his board work help stymie potential runs by Alabama. Therefore, the exact answer to this game point is "14".

So who picked closest to 14?

Paduka did well, picking "12" for Skal. Darrell did him one better, predicting "13" for the Haitian Sensation, but it was that krusty kritter Krank krushing the kompetition, kruising to victory on this game point, hitting this one on the nosey with a selection of exactly "14" total combined points, rebounds, and blocks for Labissiere.

One point for Krank.

I freaking RULE, man!

So we got one point each for kingcat and Paduka, but it was Krankenstein, continuing a late zombified march up the H.O.F. board with TWO points in this one, rendering a tiebreaker unnecessary.

Krank wins AGAIN!!!

Doncha just love it? Okay, don't answer that. I love it and that's all that matters, lol. Seriously, condolences to the king and Paduka and thanks for the great picks and competition.

Fun game and game contest (for me), but keep plugging away, y'all (talking to you, kingcat... I'm still rooting for you)!

Now, don't forget to play the next KSR Game Contest, UK vs. Georgia in the SEC Semis on Saturday afternoon... it's ready to play here...

http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums...urnament-Semis

I'll get it done tomorrow in the Georgia game I'm certain. My fingers were a little sore today so, well..I think that threw my game off. I did nail the tiebreaker I think.

Good job Krank, thanks.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I'll get it done tomorrow in the Georgia game I'm certain. My fingers were a little sore today so, well..I think that threw my game off. I did nail the tiebreaker I think.

Good job Krank, thanks.
    My pleasure, king. I love your optimism (both here and as a general comment on your character and posting style... you are one of the reasons that, to quote the bossman from a premie thread, "I love this board!")

Good luck tomorrow, my man, and to us all, ESPECIALLY our WILDcats! Go BIG BLUE!!!!!!!

Outstanding, Krank. You are really getting hot, just like the Cats. Coincidence? I think not.