Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Mmmm.....Beer. Beer Thread Part II Electric Boogaloo

Bombino

Mmmm.....Beer. Beer Thread Part II Electric Boogaloo

Tonight I'm sitting down to a dinner of grilled cheese sandwich (whole wheat bread and blue marble jack cheese) and drinking a Green Flash Barleywine. All I can say is if you love hops, this beer is REALLLLLY hoppy.

I'm not quite sure of what I think about this beer. It's VERY strong, a bit sweet and heavily hoppy. If you like hops this beer is right up your alley.

Re: Mmmm.....Beer. Beer Thread Part II Electric Boogaloo

I wish I would have more dinners like that. Sounds terrific.

You know me Pedro, hops is not my thing, and a grilled cheese sandwich has to have yellow cheese.

I did have bottle of Sam Adams Octoberfest last week with a killer pizza. Pizza was awesome, and the Sam was better than I remembered. Not bad at all
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Don't drink much beer these days. Vodka works faster.

Is Velveeta a yellow cheese or an orange cheese?

Yes
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

My grilled cheese is two slices of bread warmed under my arm-pit with a can of cheez-it spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    My grilled cheese is two slices of bread warmed under my arm-pit with a can of cheez-it spray.
    2, 479 posts and counting, folks!
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    2, 479 posts and counting, folks!
    There's no way he's not cheating his post count. I post 3-4 times on here every night in my sleep and he still, as if by magic, has more posts than me. I have no life, he has 17 kids. The math just doesn't add up.

Just finished a Southern Tier Harvest Ale. Had a Great Lakes IPA with dinner.

Broke interstate trafficking laws the other day with the Yuengling run I made.

Quote Originally Posted by ladycat92 View Post
    Nice to see you around. Wish you'd stick around and post more. We like having you here.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Lawyers have conquered cloning . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    There's no way he's not cheating his post count. I post 3-4 times on here every night in my sleep and he still, as if by magic, has more posts than me. I have no life, he has 17 kids. The math just doesn't add up.

Come in for the Mercedes Marathon again this year and remember Alabama sells Yuengling. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRdallen View Post
    Lawyers have conquered cloning . . .
    There's a "according to their billing records" joke there somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Come in for the Mercedes Marathon again this year and remember Alabama sells Yuengling. Just sayin'.
    That's actually where I had my first Yuegling, Darrell. Unfortunately, I really didn't like the race - Wasn't a big fan of the course, course support, or the race hotel which was the Sheraton and was an absolute cluster. Didn't help that it was the coldest day of the year in Bham....21 degrees when the race started. 21! Nothing like a cup full of frozen gatorade to rehydrate you midrace, not that they could have done anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Nice to see you around. Wish you'd stick around and post more. We like having you here.
    Incredibly busy at work. My boss got a promotion and somehow I got busier. I do read when I can, but I don't post much of anywhere anymore.

That's actually where I had my first Yuegling, Darrell. Unfortunately, I really didn't like the race - Wasn't a big fan of the course, course support, or the race hotel which was the Sheraton and was an absolute cluster. Didn't help that it was the coldest day of the year in Bham....21 degrees when the race started. 21! Nothing like a cup full of frozen gatorade to rehydrate you midrace, not that they could have done anything about it.
    Despite "averages" being to the contrary, I remember several Mercedes Marathon days being very cold or rainy. They have had very poor luck with weather. (Although I haven't run in it, my kids have done the "kids version," where they run the final mile of the marathon they started in school P.E. some days previous). The Sheraton downtown...well, it's downtown. That's the best you can say for it!

It was beautiful the day before. Seriously, I walked around in shorts and long t-shirt. The front that came through over night was just brutal.

Bombino

Right now I am drinking a Stone Stochasticity Project: Quadro Triticale. The Stochasticity project from Stone, the makers of Angry Bastard Ale and other hop bombs, is their more experimental line of beers. This one is their take on a Belgian Quadrupel Ale, they use Triticale which gives a hybrid wheat/rye characteristic to the drink. It's surprisingly tasty and not too hoppy. Hops fall in line, though maybe to the high side, of what I would expect from a quadrupel. The flavor is unmistakably Belgian influenced but with a sweet and spicy rye note that actually fills it out QUITE nicely. This is a REALLY enjoyable beer. I'm finding it a bit sad that the bottle is almost finished right now as I type. It's a very very satisfying beer that grows on your more and more the deeper in the bottle you go. This isn't always true with some of the stuff Stone makes. It's quite frankly a VERY enjoyable beer.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Neither, its not a cheese at all. Is some type of chemical mistake.

I fancy Abbot Ale, with Greene Kings being my favorite. Tough to find here in FL. I also recently had some of Lexington's own Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale which was quite good.
    Last edited by Doc; 06-08-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Doc, The Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is my new favorite when we cook out; haven't found a damn thing it doesn't pair well with.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Doc, The Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is my new favorite when we cook out; haven't found a damn thing it doesn't pair well with.
    When we went to the SEC touney we stayed at the Continental in Buckhead which has a bourbon bar. One afternoon I wasn't in the bourbon mood, but rather in a beer mood. They had it on tap so I gave it a whirl. Really like it. Odd that I had to go to Atlanta to get it! Not been able to find it here in S. FL but next time I'm up in Lexington I'll pick up a case or 5. One of the guys I play guitar with does that with "Little Kings" so I owe him some "good" beers in return (he is a Cincy guy)--at least he doesn't drink Hudepohl
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    When we went to the SEC touney we stayed at the Continental in Buckhead which has a bourbon bar. One afternoon I wasn't in the bourbon mood, but rather in a beer mood. They had it on tap so I gave it a whirl. Really like it. Odd that I had to go to Atlanta to get it! Not been able to find it here in S. FL but next time I'm up in Lexington I'll pick up a case or 5. One of the guys I play guitar with does that with "Little Kings" so I owe him some "good" beers in return (he is a Cincy guy)--at least he doesn't drink Hudepohl
    It's funny, that's my bosses favorite beer. He tried it in Tallahassee and freaking loved it. So last time I went to KY I brought back two four packs for him. He still has one beer left he's saving for a rainy day. It truly is an awesome beer.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    It's funny, that's my bosses favorite beer. He tried it in Tallahassee and freaking loved it. So last time I went to KY I brought back two four packs for him. He still has one beer left he's saving for a rainy day. It truly is an awesome beer.
    I'm surprise at how much bourbon flavor they get out of the barrels. I expected a hint of bourbon but not the case. Really has a strong bourbon flavor but not the bourbon (or any spirit) burn.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain