Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Play KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. LSU @ Rupp Arena

**Tyler, the Tiger Tamer Edition**

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-). If you believe that Kentucky will lose, make sure that you make it clearly known with a -- [minus sign], or something else.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.

3. Over/Under: "30": Can Tyler Ulis R.A.P.? "You already know" he makes sweet music on the hardwood. I thought this idea worked out so well when focusing on Jamal Murray in the last game, I thought it would be fun to do with UK's other stat monster, soon to be All-American Tyler Ulis.

Once again, "R.A.P." stands for "Rebounds", "Assists", and "Points" accumulated in one game equalling ONE total number. Over the last FIVE games, Mr. Ulis has averaged a terrific "30" R.A.P. number, with a particularly strong outing @ Texas A&M where he posted a 37 R.A.P. Now, as we know, Tyler has been in a little mini-slump with his jump shot, so his numbers COULD have been better if one were to look at a different five point stretch during the season, so let's see how he bounces back as he finishes the regular season in Rupp.

What sort of fresh lyrics will Tyler lay down on wax against the Tigers? Select "Over" (+) or "Under" (-) [or "Push" (0)] "30" R.A.P. number (rebounds, assists, and points as ONE total number) for Tyler Ulis vs. LSU @ Rupp. Only need "Over", "Under", and the number difference from "30".

4. Get Ulis-ized: Much has been made of LSU's Ben Simmons' skill set, which clearly proves a very strong level of talent and performance. For much of the college basketball season, the hype surrounding Simmons has been myopic and with little team context provided, thus it has been, to many, a foregone conclusion that he is the "best" player in the sport. Lately, other players have been discussed, including the best player in the SEC, bar none, Kentucky's Tyler Ulis.

One of the things that BOTH players are well known for is their passing ability. However, Ulis is known as a low turnover guy, averaging ONLY 2 per game while dishing out 7.1 assists per game. That's a spectacular 3.6 assist to turnover ratio for Ulis. Simmons, on the other hand, can sometimes try do too much, averaging 3.3 turnovers per game while getting 5.1 assists per game. That equates to a still very good 1.5 assist to turnover ratio for Simmons.

Which All-American in the game vs. LSU @ Rupp will have the stronger assist to turnover ratio, Tyler Ulis OR Ben Simmons, AND by how much will that "more careful" player's ratio be superior to the "less careful" player's? Answers must be rounded off to ONE decimal point at most, for example, any answer such as "3.35" will be rounded up to "3.4".

Just need the player's name AND by how much better that player's assist to turnover ratio will be, compared to the other.

TB: Got a get in a little love for our wonderful Senior, newly christened Academic All-American, Alex Poythress on Senior Day. How many points, rebounds, blocks, and steals, combined as ONE total number, will Alex have in his last regular season game as a Wildcat? Just need the one total number.

Good Luck and GO BIG BLUE!!!
    Last edited by Krank; 03-03-2016 at 11:04 PM.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Re: Play KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky vs. LSU @ Rupp Arena

UK by 4
    Simmons 28
    Over 1 (but we're not playing the Gators)
    Ulis will be 3.5% higher
    Tb: 16

1. +15
    2. Murray, 29
    3. Push
    4. Ulis, 5.5

TB: 20

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    UK by 4
    Simmons 28
    Over 1 (but we're not playing the Gators)
    Ulis will be 3.5% higher
    Tb: 16
    Fixed, lol, thanks Flounder!

1) +12
    2) Murray 23
    3) -2
    4) Ulis 2.0% Higher
    TB) 27
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Thanks for your work on these contests, Krank.

1) UK +8
    2) Simmons, 26
    3) Under -3
    4) Simmons +.8 higher
    TB) 18

My pleasure, Philly. It's been a little work, but mostly fun. Thank YOU for playing and being such a solid competitor and poster!

UK by 23
    Murray 30
    Under4
    Ulis %1,5 higher
    21 tb

1) Cats by 21

2) Murray 26

3) + 3

4) Ulis + 5

Tb) 31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

1. +7
    2. Simmons, 25
    3. Under 3
    4. Ulis, +2.1
    TB 21

1) cats by 16
    2) Simmons 19
    3) under 6
    4) Ulis 3 higher
    TB) 17
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Cats +14
    Murray 25
    Over 2
    Ulis +2
    TB 16
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

UK by 3

Simmons with 29

+2

Ulis +4

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

U.K. Plus 19
    Murray w 36
    Push
    Ulis plus 3
    Go Cats!

1. UK by 17
    2. Murray, 27
    3. Over, 3
    4. Ulis, +2.5

TB: 24

Eager to grade this one... what a game to finish out the regular season, at home, for Academic All-American Grad Student Alex Poythress' Senior Day!

AL--EX!!!

AL--EX!!!

AL--EX!!!

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory (+) OR loss (-):

The Kentucky Wildcats humbled the braggadocios Ben Simmons and his bumbling LSU Tigers today beating them down in a 17 point victory before a capacity crowd, stunningly honoring Alex Poythress on his Senior Day. The Cats went 17-0 at home this season, its thirteenth undefeated home season in 40 years of play in Rupp Arena, clinching a share of the SEC regular season title, UK's record 47th league crown with it's 94-77 win.

What a fun game! So who got closest on this one for the Game Contest?

Lotsa good gut picks today, selecting the winner and margin. Paduka was confident, predicting a 19-point win. Thedonnie with 15 was a solid pick. Doc almost nailed it, selecting the Cats by 16, but it was Krank takin' it to the bank with a dead-eye "UK by 17".

One point for Krank.

Good job, Krank.

Hope my mojo keeps working.
    Last edited by Krank; 03-05-2016 at 09:01 PM.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game:

Lots of high level talent and capable scorers on that floor today. Ben Simmons, a great pick by many here, in terms of odds, to be the leading scorer, actually came in FIFTH amongst top scorers in the game. Great KSR competitors were knocked out of contention on this point. Flounder, Philly Cat, Darrell KSR, Doc, and kingcat... all out.

Tyler Ulis was a great pick too, but he came in sixth, behind Simmons amongst all players, finishing with 14 points. That knocks out... nobody. A rare game where someone did not pick our rock star floor general, he of the glittering FOURTEEN assists today.

Jamal Murray, always a good bet on this game contest question, was chosen by everyone else. He finished with 22 points, 17 in the second half, interspersed with some great passes (4 assists for the game) out of the constant haranguing by double teams he faced.

But it was LSU's Tim Quarterman, with 23 points, who squeaked this one out over Murray. That knocks out... EVERYONE ELSE.

We suck. NO POINTS awarded for this Game Contest question.

Way to go, nobody.
    Last edited by Krank; 03-05-2016 at 09:01 PM.

3. Over/Under: "30": Select "Over" (+) or "Under" (-) [or "Push" (0)] "30" R.A.P. number (rebounds, assists, and points as ONE total number) for Tyler Ulis vs. LSU @ Rupp:

Can Tyler Ulis rap? A question rendered borderline absurd as UK's toughest player and definitive leader proved, once again, that even when there is no pop in his shot (5-16 FG; 1-5 3FG), there's still hip in his hop... and he "DON'T stop"! Mr. Ulis blessed adoring Cat fans with a wonder of a game, with his solid 14 points laying in the shadows of his surreal and sparkling 14 assists. He also had 5 big rebounds. R.A.P. number for Tyler was therefore a total of 33, which makes for an exact answer to this question of "Over, 3"

I was a little surprised at the answer trending on this one. Seven Game Contesters predicted either "Under" or "Push". catmanjack and kingcat got close, with both predicting "Over (+), 2", but blueboss and Krank nailed this one, both correctly answering "Over, 3".

One point each to blueboss and Krank.

Way to go BOSS!!!

Oh, you too, Krank.
    Last edited by Krank; 03-05-2016 at 09:02 PM.

4. Get Ulis-ized: Which All-American in the game vs. LSU @ Rupp will have the stronger assist to turnover ratio, Tyler Ulis OR Ben Simmons, AND by how much will that "more careful" player's ratio be superior to the "less careful" player's? Answers must be rounded off to ONE decimal point at most:

Kentucky shared the ball brilliantly in their victory over LSU today, the Cats dishing out 26 assists for the game. LSU? WHEW! They only had NINE dimes on the day as a team. Ben Simmons, who was touched in the head today to be complaining about Tyler Ulis being touched, ha-ha-- TOUCHE Beignet-eating Ben-YAY-- no WAY dude was going to TOUCH Tyler's number of dimes, the young and whiny Simmons finishing with a mere FOUR assists.

Tyler? Oh yeah, he only had FOURTEEN assists to go along with his 14 points. Hmmmm, now WHO's the BEST player in the entire SEC???... yeah, TYLER ULIS with big fat exclamation points after THIS game!

Simmons had an, ahem, unfortunate SIX turnovers to go with those 4 assists, which computes to a not good 0.7 A/TO ratio, rounded to the one decimal. Ulis finished with ONE turnover, lol, to go with his 14 phat dimes, which yields a 14.0 A/TO ratio. The difference between Tyler Ulis' A/TO number and Ben Simmons' A/TO therefore equals, LOL... 13.3!!! That's insane and I LOVE it!!!

So who saw this coming, this absurd dominance by Tyler, the Tiger Tamer? Who at least got closest?

On paper, the following are all good, confident picks... kingcat guessed Ulis +4; The bossman went for it, picking a strong +5, but he was outmaneuvered by Thedonnie, who saw Simmons being Ulis-ized by a +5.5 margin in comparative A/TO ratios to earn this Game Contest point.

One point for Thedonnie.

Good job, donnie!
    Last edited by Krank; 03-05-2016 at 09:04 PM.

So we have blueboss and Thedonnie with one point each. The Notorious No-bo-dy scored a point also today, but that clown is exempt as always.

There was no need for a tiebreaker because, as it turns out, there could be only ONE who scored TWO KSR Game Contest points today... and that would be... MEEEEEE! Krank it (the cliches) up!

Krank wins!

Send in the dancing girls while I light up a fat Cuban cigar!

.......Now ONto the SEC Tournament, starting Friday for the BIG Blue!!!.......
    Last edited by Krank; 03-05-2016 at 09:42 PM.

Nice job Krankster!!

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Nice job Krankster!!
    Thanks, bossman!!

And sorry I eeked this one out over you (and Thedonnie).

I've been eeked all season. Good job on the game architecture too!!

I've been eeked all season. Good job on the game architecture too!!
    Thanks brother!

Still plenty of time to get on the big board. You've been there plenty of times before. You'll be there again.

I'm rootin' for ya!

I suppose we'll continue with an SEC tournament edition??

I suppose we'll continue with an SEC tournament edition??
    Of course. At least I am hoping I can keep up with that daily pace, but yeah, I intend to get those games ready too.

Fun stuff Krank, appreciate it.. Congrats!

I just realized I have been shut out in the regular season for the first time since...since the last time I guess.. but make no mistake, the SEC tourney IS ALL MINE!

MUHAHAHAH..
    ..MUHAHAHAHAH!
    Last edited by kingcat; 03-06-2016 at 09:50 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Thanks king!

Love your confidence. I recall you sticking your neck out a handful of games ago, calling for Skal to be leading scorer. I love risk takers, but you may have been just a tad too early on that one!

Good luck to you AND the CATS!!!