Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Getting to know you-ksr edition

These are great btw, I can see why we have great convo on this board, I'm glad to be a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Since I can not think of a worthy wise crack, I will break the trend and mention a few things about myself besides my UK sports fandom.

62 years old, and yes I do my own typing on this computer. I grew up on a small farm and at the country standard of 12 years old, I drove a tractor, hauled hay, cut, spiked, and housed tobacco to earn money that was mine to spend as I saw fit. My family was not really poor, but we did not have a lot of extras either so working at that age was very common. At 16 I got my water safety instructor certificate, and for the next 6 years I was either going to school or working as a life guard and also giving private swimming lessons at the pool. That might give some insight as to why I do not like the beach at this stage in my life. I did not finish college and have not gone back to get a degree in something. The campus climate in the early 70's was not really conducive to study and class attendance. I was paying my own way, but the classes really did not interest me, and I did not have the proper determination to make college work for me in those days. Left college and worked in the carpentry and heavy construction trade for a few years. If it had tracks, wheels, a bucket, or forks I could drive it and operate the attachments before I left that trade. That led to a couple of my hobbies which are cabinetry, furniture making, and welding. I love doing any of them when I have time. My other real hobby is picture taking. I would call it photography, but I feel that would discredit real photographers who make a study of the craft and produce stunning images. I just play at it for fun.

Married to the same lady for 39 years, and the good Lord willing, we will celebrate our 40th in the same place we took our honeymoon. We have one daughter, one son in law and 3 grand children. Under the sun, there is nothing like having grandchildren of your own. I really look forward to my time spent with them, and then I can send them home. I call them my rental kids. Fun and little to no downside, except they love the beach.

After leaving the construction trade, I got involved in the retail side of production agriculture. Worked in one job for 25 years, and now, while still involved on the production agriculture side of careers, I have spent 15 years doing a completely different job than what I started out doing. If you have never worked around and with farmers in this country, you have really missed a great experience. They are truly the salt of the earth, hard working, and the biggest gamblers this country has. The average farmer gets 50-55, on average, chances to make a profit from his labors. He gambles that the seed he plants will emerge from the ground and produce a product he can sell. He gambles that the growing season will not be too wet, too dry, too cold, or too hot and he does all of this will a smile on his face, ever ready to help someone in need.

I hope to retire from public work in a few years and then work full time creating furniture and cabinetry for sale, as well as working as a small shop welder that can fix your broken lawnmower deck, weld a cracked car frame, or build lifetime guarantee smokers for the BBQ crowd.
    looked back at this to see if Dan mentioned anything that would assist in tracking him down, but nothing specific here. Prayers to Dan, hopefully he just took a break from posting...which I could understand.
    Go Cats!

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    looked back at this to see if Dan mentioned anything that would assist in tracking him down, but nothing specific here. Prayers to Dan, hopefully he just took a break from posting...which I could understand.
    Thank you, I was looking for this thread last night.

Getting to know you-ksr edition

Thought we might enjoy looking back at this thread during our time away from sports!

I have

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Getting to know you-ksr edition

Yep,

Update, my daughter is with child. She is due in August, her husband just got back from Bahrain yesterday after a 259 day deployment.

For those of you doing the math, they have been going through an IVF journey. They had several healthy fertilized eggs that had been previously frozen so they could be implanted as her round of drugs and cycle was completed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire