Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Play KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky @ Vanderbilt

**All About the TEAMS Edition**

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory. If you believe that Kentucky will lose, make sure that you make it clearly known with a -- [minus sign], or something else.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.

3. Over/Under: "10": Kentucky, at 5.7 blocks per game, and Vanderbilt, at 5.5 blocks per game, are the top two teams in the SEC in blocks per game in conference play.

Pick "Over" (+) or "Under" (-) "10 blocks" that BOTH teams COMBINED in the game will have (TOTAL as ONE number). Just need "Over" (+), "Under" (-) and by how much over or under 10 blocks TOTAL, both teams, in the game will accumulate.

4. "Bomb Memorial": Vanderbilt is second (to Arkansas), amongst SEC teams, in three point percentage during conference play, shooting 39.1% in ALL league games. Kentucky ranks 5th, amongst SEC teams, in that same stat, shooting 35.4% from three in ALL league games.

In their last three HOME games, the Commodores are shooting below their season-long clip at 35.4% from the arc in Nashville. In Kentucky's last three ROAD games, the Cats are above their season-long clip in all SEC games, shooting a stellar 41.8% from three point territory away from home.

Who will win the three point battle in Memorial Gym on Saturday, Kentucky or Vanderbilt? Select the team you believe will shoot a better PERCENTAGE from three AND what that percentage will be, rounded off to one decimal point, for example an answer of 36.86% will be rounded up to 36.7%, etc. BOTH the team name AND 3-point percentage are required for this point.

TB: Total number of DUNKS, in the game, BOTH teams combined, as it will be listed in the play-by-play box score at the UK Athletics official website.

Good Luck and GO BIG BLUE!!!
    Last edited by Krank; 02-25-2016 at 04:33 PM.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

1. +16
    2. Murray, 24
    3. Under, 1
    4. UK 39.8

TB 20

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Re: Play KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky @ Vanderbilt

1) +4
    2) Ulis 21
    3) +2
    4) UK 42.3
    TB) 14
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

+8
    Ulis 23
    Under 2
    U.K. 38.5
    Tb 12
    Go Cats!

Jones (Vandy), 24
    Over +2
    Vandy 40.5%
    TB 8

VU by3
    Jones21
    Under 1
    VU 38.3%
    Tb 7
    Memorial magic which means refs

The Fighting Lionel Richies by 8*
    Baldwin 21
    Over 5
    Vandy 44.5%
    Tb: 10

*if wrong, I'll be Dancin' on the Ceiling All Night Long

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    **All About the TEAMS Edition**

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory. If you believe that Kentucky will lose, make sure that you make it clearly known with a -- [minus sign], or something else.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.

3. Over/Under: "10": Kentucky, at 5.7 blocks per game, and Vanderbilt, at 5.5 blocks per game, are the top two teams in the SEC in blocks per game in conference play.

Pick "Over" (+) or "Under" (-) "10 blocks" that BOTH teams COMBINED in the game will have (TOTAL as ONE number). Just need "Over" (+), "Under" (-) and by how much over or under 10 blocks TOTAL, both teams, in the game will accumulate.

4. "Bomb Memorial": Vanderbilt is second (to Arkansas), amongst SEC teams, in three point percentage during conference play, shooting 39.1% in ALL league games. Kentucky ranks 5th, amongst SEC teams, in that same stat, shooting 35.4% from three in ALL league games.

In their last three HOME games, the Commodores are shooting below their season-long clip at 35.4% from the arc in Nashville. In Kentucky's last three ROAD games, the Cats are above their season-long clip in all SEC games, shooting a stellar 41.8% from three point territory away from home.

Who will win the three point battle in Memorial Gym on Saturday, Kentucky or Vanderbilt? Select the team you believe will shoot a better PERCENTAGE from three AND what that percentage will be, rounded off to one decimal point, for example an answer of 36.86% will be rounded up to 36.7%, etc. BOTH the team name AND 3-point percentage are required for this point.

TB: Total number of DUNKS, in the game, BOTH teams combined, as it will be listed in the play-by-play box score at the UK Athletics official website.

Good Luck and GO BIG BLUE!!!
    1. +6
    2. Murray, 30
    3. Under by 3 (7 total)
    4. Vanderbilt, 40.0
    TB 6

In honor of Harlow

1) UK by 8. 2) Murray 27. 3) under 2. 4) Vandy 38%. TB) 8
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

UK by 17

Murray 25

UK 46%

9 dunks

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

1. UK by 7
    2. Murray, 24
    3. Under, 2
    4. UK, 36.9%

TB: 6

1) Cats by 5

2) Murray 24

3) -2

4) Vandy 36.4%

tb) 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Grading time...

1. Winning Team and Margin: Despite the loud groans that uncontrollably burbled up from my diaphragm when the winner of point #1, Flounder, posted his picks with an excessive amount of Lionel Richie references (for those who have been hiding under a rock for, ummm, decades, Richie was the pop star who came out of disco's The Commodores and had love ballad hit after love ballad hit, promptly putting me to sleep easier than a pound of tryptophan, lol, every time his hits came on the radio), he indeed picked Vandy to win by 8, which was closest to the actual 12-point margin of Vandy victory.

One point to Flounder as I gargle Kaopectate.

Another good call by Flounder!

2. Leading Game Scorer, Points Scored: Only one player had this line... 12-20 from the field, 6-10 from three, 3-4 from the line, 2 offensive rebounds, 9 total rebounds, 1 assist, and 33 total points in 37 minutes. That would be one Jamal Murray, who might very well be establishing himself as THE best player in the whole country, yes, EVEN over our own Tyler Ulis. JMO and it doesn't really matter, but what a joy that kid has been to watch in rugged SEC play.

Of course, many pick Murray for this point every game, self included, so let's see who came closest to his 33 point effort. Five Game Contest competitors selected Murray to get between 24-27 points, but it was Darrell who had ultimate confidence and guessed 30 points for Murray, thus winning this point.

One point for Darrell.

Great pick, Darrell!

3. Over/Under: "10": Pick "Over" (+) or "Under" (-) "10 blocks" that BOTH teams COMBINED in the game will have (TOTAL as ONE number): Hey, I did okay creating this one, as the answer is a "Push" (0), meaning there was no "Over" or "Under" since both teams combined for EXACTLY 10 blocks in the game (UK with 7, Vandy with 3).

A lot of folks got close, selecting between 2-3, Over or Under, but there were THREE Game Contest players who got closest, tying each other with a pick of "Under, 1" and they were Thedonnie, Harlow, and kingcat.

So one point each for Thedonnie, Harlow, and kingcat.

Nice work, gents!

4. "Bomb Memorial": Who will win the three point battle in Memorial Gym on Saturday, Kentucky or Vanderbilt? Select the team you believe will shoot a better PERCENTAGE from three AND what that percentage will be, rounded off to one decimal point.

A grand total of FOUR players in the game, including players from BOTH teams, actually hit at least ONE three or more: 1 each for Commodores Kornet and Roberson, and 4 for Vandy's Fisher-Davis while UK's Jamal Murray hit 6 from the arc. Despite Jamal going a brilliant 6-8, UK missed EVERY other attempted three in the game, the Cats finishing 6-22 from three for the game, yielding an unfortunate percentage of 27.3 as a team. Vandy went 6-16 from three for the game, which calculates to a percentage of 37.5.

Plenty of folks chose Vanderbilt for this point, with good picks by blueboss (36.4%) and Harlow (38.3%), but it was Doc who came closest with a flat 38.0% predicted for Vandy in the game.

So the Doctor is "in", scoring one point.

Nicely done, Doc!

Well, the Cats may have not played a very good game, but our KSR competitors DID... on to the tiebreaker...

TB: Total number of DUNKS, in the game, BOTH teams combined:

Flounder, Darrell, Thedonnie, Harlow, kingcat, and Doc all had one point each. Who got closest on the TB?

Ready for this?... Vandy had exactly ONE dunk in the game. Kentucky had exactly ONE dunk in the game. So, according to UK's official box score for the game, there were a total of TWO dunks in the entire game.

Too bad I didn't make the TB, because I was one of only two players who selected as few as SIX dunks in the game. Most players were looking for Globetrotter numbers it would appear, although the actual game number of TWO seems borderline amazing to me. It's not as if Ulis and Baldwin are incapable of throwing lobs, lol, yet that's what the OFFICIAL box score says and that's what the TB's parameters were.

Thedonnie picked 20 dunks (WOW dude!... would have LOVED to have seen that many in the game!); Flounder picked 10 dunks; kingcat picked 9 dunks; Doc picked 8 dunks; Harlow picked 7 dunks.

But it was Darrell who ended up being the "other" competitor who chose 6 dunks, thus he was the ONLY Game Contest competitor with ONE point to get that close to the actual official number of 2 dunks in the game.

Congrats to Darrell, winner of this weekend's KSR Game Contest! Another in a long line of wins for our fearless leader!

Perhaps that will spur him to update that rolling list of winners of the Game Contest for the year at the top of this page (insert winky icon here).

I smell a skunk coming on... I'm about toast!

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I smell a skunk coming on... I'm about toast!
    Don't worry, bossman. You STILL have a chance to tie me for last place. Maybe start pounding beers an hour before you post your picks and you will do better.

As crazy as this year in college basketball has been, I am considering finding some random five year old child to fill out my Tournament brackets so that I have a chance of not looking like a total idiot this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    TB: Total number of DUNKS, in the game, BOTH teams combined:

Flounder, Darrell, Thedonnie, Harlow, kingcat, and Doc all had one point each. Who got closest on the TB?

Ready for this?... Vandy had exactly ONE dunk in the game. Kentucky had exactly ONE dunk in the game. So, according to UK's official box score for the game, there were a total of TWO dunks in the entire game.

Too bad I didn't make the TB, because I was one of only two players who selected as few as SIX dunks in the game. Most players were looking for Globetrotter numbers it would appear, although the actual game number of TWO seems borderline amazing to me. It's not as if Ulis and Baldwin are incapable of throwing lobs, lol, yet that's what the OFFICIAL box score says and that's what the TB's parameters were.

Thedonnie picked 20 dunks (WOW dude!... would have LOVED to have seen that many in the game!); Flounder picked 10 dunks; kingcat picked 9 dunks; Doc picked 8 dunks; Harlow picked 7 dunks.

But it was Darrell who ended up being the "other" competitor who chose 6 dunks, thus he was the ONLY Game Contest competitor with ONE point to get that close to the actual official number of 2 dunks in the game.

Congrats to Darrell, winner of this weekend's KSR Game Contest! Another in a long line of wins for our fearless leader!

Perhaps that will spur him to update that rolling list of winners of the Game Contest for the year at the top of this page (insert winky icon here).
    Will do. And thanks, Krank. You've been a huge help (and a big hit) picking up the Game Contest. I've had a weird schedule the last few weeks that, mercifully, will be more normal starting tomorrow. 99.9% of everything I have posted in the last 3-4 weeks is by phone, and that's fine for regular typing (like this) but not as easy for any administrative stuff or even copy and paste stuff. Hard to grade things too. Can't thank you enough.

Might be tomorrow, but I suspect I will get back up to speed on the winners list. We need it as we enter the home stretch before the SEC Tournament!

I've already tried asking a five year old. I gave my five year old grandson the questions in multiple choice format back in January he got more right than I have, but still not enough to land a coveted KSR win.

My pleasure, Darrell. Glad to be of help, but also it's been a fun diversion for me during this season.

As for my man, THE boss... maybe try out an infant, placing the game contest questions as a placemat for the child's dinner... go for the green baby food regurgitation as a hint for HOW you should pick.