Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Marketing question

Marketing question

I'm trying to figure out how to get the "word" out about my "Golden Legacy -Authentic Senior Portraits" photo package. I see this as something people want, but don't know they want it.

I'm working on making a video, that shows me talking about what they are with an overlay of some I've done.

I put it on my FB photo page, plus instagram, and talking about them when I can. Any suggestions? I'm terrible at marketing....

http://bluevinesphotography.com/gold...ior-portraits/
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Bombino

Re: Marketing question

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how to get the "word" out about my "Golden Legacy -Authentic Senior Portraits" photo package. I see this as something people want, but don't know they want it.

I'm working on making a video, that shows me talking about what they are with an overlay of some I've done.

I put it on my FB photo page, plus instagram, and talking about them when I can. Any suggestions? I'm terrible at marketing....

http://bluevinesphotography.com/gold...ior-portraits/
    I would ask if you can leave advertising material at many nursing homes and churches. These are the most likely place for you to encounter your target audience. The biggest thing in marketing is figuring out your target audience and figuring out ways to gt your information into their hands. Can you sell them on why they want/need it (i.e. professionally preserving a family legacy for generations) and why now is the best time to do it (i.e. folks are getting older and older). I'm not a huge fan of video marketing, but it has its place. I believe that a well designed and printed brochure is MUCH more effective in this situation. Remember also, when you are dealing with the nursing homes and churches that you need to sell them as well. Explain that you offer a package to help preserve the legacy of the families, that you are often finding that no one knows that your service exists and you are trying to reach them. marketing, much like politics, is controlling the dialogue and framing things in ways that are beneficial to the other person. Focus more on what you bring to them, what your abilities allow you to do for them, what they will get out of having these pictures, the emotions they will feel, etc.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 02-23-2016 at 07:45 AM.

Perhaps find a genealogical group and leave similar material as Pedro mentioned. You may find people concerned with legacies there and they may want a formal portrait of grandma or grandpa,

Maybe you could consider giving away one fee package send hoping word of mouth spreads among that person's peers.

Do you offer it as an "anniversary" package for elderly couples? That might interest dome people. (Or sell it as a Christmas gift)

I would recommend calling a friend of mine, Matt Hernandez, who runs a very successful studio here in Paducah. He actually got his fame from doing steely looking team shots for baseball teams in the Paducah area, then it grew from there into senior portraits. He puts a ton of the senior portraits on his instagram. He has a large following and does a lot of photoshop type workshops I believe. You may know him from his work with Athlon cover photos, alex with the bright blue ball last year I think? He and his wife run the studio, her name is terri. I'm not like great friends with him but I believe they would be cool with talking about this. Terri may be the easiest to catch. just look up matt hernandez studios and look him up on instagram for an idea of what he does. hope this helps bro.
    Go Cats!

Excellent advice guys! Thanks so much. I had not considered any genealogy groups or an "anniversary package" either. Paduka, I'll look him up and connect with him! Thank you!!!!
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com