Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Play KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky @ Texas A&M

1. Predict the Kentucky margin of victory. If you believe that Kentucky will lose, make sure that you make it clearly known with a -- [minus sign], or something else.

2. Predict the game high scorer, AND the total number of points he will score in the game. NOTE--it does not have to be a Kentucky player for this KSR point.

3. Over/Under: "8": Predict over or under 8 more fouls called on Kentucky than Texas A&M during the game. Let's see how much home cookin' will be in play in College Station. Predict "Over" (+), "Under" (-), and by how many more fouls that the Cats will be called for than the Aggies.

4. "WhatchoutalkinboutWillis": Derek Willis has UK fans smiling ear to ear from Paducah to Pikeville with his play for Kentucky this season. Of course, part of the thrill of watching one of Kentucky's finest in action is his three point shooting. In home games since SEC play started, Derek Willis has made 32.8% of Kentucky's MADE three point shots. In away games during that same span (including the game at Kansas), Mr. Willis has made 27.9% of Kentucky's MADE three point shots.

What percentage of UK's MADE three point shots will Derek successfully hit (rounded off to one decimal point, maximum)? For example, any answer that goes beyond one decimal point (e.g. 33.68% will be rounded up to 33.7%) and any answer without a decimal point shall be assumed as is.

TB: Total combined FT attempts for Jamal Murray, Isaiah Briscoe, and Tyler Ulis, i.e. one number totaling all three players' total attempts as one number.

Good Luck and GO BIG BLUE!!!
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

1. +12
    2. Murray, 24
    3. +1
    4. 29.6%

TB: 15

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Re: Play KSR Hall of Fame Game Contest: Kentucky @ Texas A&M

aTm by 10
    Jalen Jones 26
    +9
    16%
    Tb: 13

UK by 1. Murray 25. +8. 33.3% tb13. Ulis a jumper with 1 second wins it for Ky

1) UK+3
    2) Murray 19
    3) +4
    4) 40%
    TB) 9
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

How do u guys get ur picks vertical? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow View Post
    Hit "enter," or the "return" key after each line.

1. -8
    2. Murray, 28
    3. --even-- (exactly 8 more fouls)
    4. 18.8
    TB: 18

1.UK by 8

2. Murray 25

3. +4

4. 40%

TB 15
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow View Post
    Like Darrell said, but we have always been able to figure out your picks, Harlow. No worries here FWIW.

UK by 11

Ulis 27

+4

25%

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

1) Cats by 3

2) Murray 26

3) + 8

4) 28.5%

Tb) 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

1. UK by 5
    2. Murray, 23
    3. Under, 1
    4. 28.6%

TB: 17

1. +4
    2. Murray, 28
    3. -2
    4. 20%
    TB: 14

Grading this one now to get it out of the way...

1. Winning Team and Margin:

What SHOULD have officially finished as a win for UK was STOLEN by the referee and GIVEN to the Aggies, thus there are only TWO competitors who could have won this point. Flounder called A&M by 10, but he was nipped by Darrell, who predicted a loss for the Cats by 8.

That's one point for Darrell.

Good job, Darrell!
    Last edited by Krank; 02-21-2016 at 04:07 PM.

2. Game's Leading Scorer:

Lots of picks for Murray, as usual, for leading scorer in the game. He scored 21, but Tyler led the Cats with 22, BUT neither was the correct answer. It was Texas A&M's Jalen Jones who led all scorers with 24.

Only Flounder chose an Aggie, and he picked Jones with 26.

That's one point for Flounder.

Another astute prediction from Flounder. Great work!
    Last edited by Krank; 02-21-2016 at 04:06 PM.

3. Over/Under: "8": "Predict over or under 8 more fouls called on Kentucky than Texas A&M during the game."

I just sorta dreamed this number up when I thought of this question, but the more I watched the game, the more I figured my guess was not so bad. Now, in reality (meaning NOT the virtual reality set up by officials during the game), the Aggies fouled 54 times, but the unfortunate actual box score only listed them with 15. Kentucky was called for 21 fouls. I won't get into how many were called correctly.

So 21 official fouls for the Cats vs. 15 for the Aggies leaves a difference of 6 fouls, which means "Under, 2" is the exact answer.

Darrell did great, predicting "Even" aka ", "Push", meaning neither Over or Under. Krank did him one better, guessing "Under, 1", but it was Terminus, posting REALLY "close" to game time, lol, who nailed it by guessing "Under, 2".

For those who may have noticed, Terminus posted at 7 minutes after the game time listed in the box score. In fact, the game did not start until a little after FIVE minutes after that time. I watched the first two minutes of the game again, and the first foul did not occur until after Terminus would have posted (there was also no score in the game yet), therefore I judge his post to be acceptable and viable for competition in this particular KSR Game Contest.

One point for Terminus.

Excellent pick!
    Last edited by Krank; 02-21-2016 at 04:08 PM.

4. "WhatchoutalkinboutWillis": "What percentage of UK's MADE three point shots will Derek successfully hit?"

As bad as the ending of the game was, the most serious thing that happened was Derek Willis going down with a sprained ankle. Although he certainly would have played more minutes had he not been injured, he did log 20 minutes of game time and attempted 3 threes, making 1. UK attempted 20 threes, making 10, a very impressive number and rate. So Derek successfully hit exactly 10% of Kentucky's made threes in the game.

Good guess from Terminus of 20% was bested by Darrell with his 18.8%, but it was Flounder who got closest, predicting 16%.

One more point for Flounder.

Another great pick by "the man"!

Darrell and Terminus got one point each and both got close to getting a second, but it was Flounder winning AGAIN, winning two points and rendering the tiebreaker moot, while continuing his dominance of this year's Game Contest.

Flounder wins!

Dean Wormer is NOT going to like this.

I think my last two wins were UK losses (this and Kansas.) I think I won the Duke one also.

I hope I don't win again this year.

You had a good handle on the game.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Congrats Flounder old man

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain