Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Sad family story

Sad family story

So my cousin had been married for about 20 years and he and his wife have 5 kids, all adopted from a "less-than-ideal" couple (the male served jail time for throwing one of the gitprls against a wall, the woman kept having kids despite being unable to care for them).

A couple of weeks ago, my cousin found out his wife had been cheating on him (when the wife of his wife's boyfriend called him) and he began the process of getting a divorce and requesting custody of the kids.

On Saturday, apparently, my cousin and his wife had a big argument.

Then Sunday, their oldest child's 8th birthday, my cousin gets a call from his wife "Come home for the kids. I just took a bunch of pills to die."

He called 911 and rushed home to find the ambulance had rushed her to the hospital and a cop was at the home with the kids. The boy whose birthday it was told him "I couldn't wake up mommy, so I had to open the door for the policeman."

She died on Monday, just 41 years old, and her funeral is Saturday.

It's so sad. I don't know what they will do. He has his own company, which I think does well enough, but she carried their health insurance. She also had a life insurance policy, but we don't know when she took it out or if it will pay, depending on its terms.

It's heart-breaking, especially for the kids who have basically now lost two moms.

I had just had a "Facebook conversation" with his wife a coupe weeks ago. She always seemed a decent person to me, but apparently was living a secret life.

It's just unbelievable. What was she thinking?

Re: Sad family story

Really is a tough situation for the youngsters no doubt. I hope they can get counseling and your cousin will be able to show them the love and future stability they need.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

sad regardless, but infinitely more so with the kids. That's a shame.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post

It's so sad. I don't know what they will do. He has his own company, which I think does well enough, but she carried their health insurance. She also had a life insurance policy, but we don't know when she took it out or if it will pay, depending on its terms.
    DOn't confuse a bad person with a decent person who did something wrong. I know it is hard to argue that cheating on a spouse doesn't makes someone a monster. What she did was a horrible thing, but we are all sinners. She was battling some demons internally. She clearly knew what she did was horrible; unfortunately she decided that the only way to pay for her transgressions is death.

As for the life insurance, it is a myth that life insurance doesn't pay for suicide. Usually there is a waiting period for suicide deaths (I think two years) but if it is older than two years they will pay. According to someone I read who is an actuary, the risk of suicide drops to no more likely than natural causes at around that time.

Fab Five

I am never surprised anymore at someone leading a secret life. My ex- brother in law was one. No one suspected anything until his paramour called his wife. One thing I have learned is once you have had an affair you are an easy target for blackmail. It could be your cousin's wife was afraid of what her husband still didn't know.

Unforgettable

Flounder, wish I could do more but prayers for the family is what I have now. Prayers you have a strong family that can help himand the kids thru this. The children will definitely need counseling. .

Thanks all.

I don't think she was a bad person, though there was some other lying going on about her work hours, going back to school, etc. They were married 20+ years and I know she loved those kids they were so kind to rescue and treated them well. Her in-laws loved her too and I trust their judgement. That's why it is so shocking.

It's just a shock to have it happen in my family.

Thanks Pedro about the insurance. I know it is usually a 2-year clause, but don't know how long she had the policy. Hopefully she bought it several years ago.

wow such a sad story. we live in a messed up world and don't take for granted that you are not capable of such things, we were all born with a sinful nature and susceptible to falling into the trap if we don't guard against it.
    Go Cats!

How horrible. Prayers to the family.

Found out today a guy that I used to play church Bball with, his daughter attempted suicide and is fighting for her life. 16 year old girl, pretty girl, great CHristian home by all accounts. Apparently she had a little life drama with boyfriend and such in recent weeks, then maybe got into an argument with mom and went out back and tried to commit suicide the old way. Very sad story and I'm sure they are devastated and could use prayers now. What is going on this winter, it's like one bad story after the other lately!
    Go Cats!

Awful. The family will be in my prayers.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It's so sad and hard to understand. Hopefully that young girl gets a 2nd chance and takes advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    It's so sad and hard to understand. Hopefully that young girl gets a 2nd chance and takes advantage of it.
    Doesn't sound like that's going to be the case now, prayers go out to that poor family, can't imagine.
    Go Cats!