Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Tremor felt in Eastern Kentucky

Tremor felt in Eastern Kentucky

We felt a tremor here in western Carter County a few minutes ago. Anyone else feel it?

Re: Tremor felt in Eastern Kentucky

Im in Louisville and felt my bed move funny for just a split second...thought it was either an earthquake of my fat neighbor fell down...this came on my Twitter timeline

BREAKING NOW: USGS confirms a 4.3 magnitude #earthquake 8 miles west of Whitesburg, KY #KYwx http://is.gd/5bIexF

Hearing from people in WV who say they felt it too...reports are it was also felt as far away as North Georgia

Breaking News ‏@BreakingNews

4.3 quake in eastern Kentucky felt as far away as Cincinnati, Ohio, and Atlanta, Georgia; so far, no reports of damage - @NBCNews

Friend of mine is from Whitesburg, his parents still live there. Said they told him it shook their house a little. They felt it in Leslie County, too. My mom said my aunt thought her husband drove his truck into their store, lol. Another friend of Mom's said it shook her canning house.

Just had walked in from mowing grass to eat lunch. The blinds on the windows moved a little, did not know it was a earthquake.

Damn...theyre not saying it was felt somewhere in PA

I felt it in Frankfort, KY.

Dang I missed it. That stinks. I was in Lexington for the one 30 years ago, that was kinda cool.

Reminds me to get the MREs ordered though.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

It is a weird sensation if you are not used to it. DC got one in September 11 and I recall it vividly.

My first thought as I was standing and saw my leg quivering was that a bomb had gone off in the parking garage at the basement level. Being on the 7th floor at my office, I started thinking about which stairwell to take. I soon realized it was an earthquake but that didn't make me feel any safer.

This was only a few seconds but it was amazing all that filled my mind right then. Not my life going by or anything. Just processing what it was and how do I get home.

Experienced several when I lived overseas in the Pacific Ring of Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ladycat92 View Post
    Experienced several when I lived overseas in the Pacific Ring of Fire.
    I don't think Lambanog counts.

I was standing at a urinal in Oregon one time when we had one(4.7 I believe). I wasn't sure whether to finish (did) or wash my hands (didn't, sorry mom). From living out there a while I remember that the safest place is standing in a door frame. Since I didn't feel the one Saturday I didn't get to put that to use.