Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Borrowed my first Kindle book from the local library

Borrowed my first Kindle book from the local library

Man, that's cool. Actually borrowed two Kindle books, went through Amazon ultimately for delivery. Technology is amazing.

Just two John Grisham books, but it beats buying them, even for $10 or whatever the Kindle price would be.

I'm probably the last person on the planet to borrow a Kindle book, as I'm always late to the party, but it looked like even the small little library down the road had a number of Kindle books available to borrow.

Rupp's Runt
    I knew you could borrow and loan Kindle books but did not think about being able to do it from a library.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Re: Borrowed my first Kindle book from the local library

The only reason I thought about it was that when I came home earlier this week, my wife was on the computer, and she was renewing some book or something, and the library website thing was on the computer screen. I happen to see e-book on it.

I borrowed two Kindle books right away, read them and returned them, and borrowed three more last night. Read one last night, have two left. (It was a short book). I am getting good use of it.

Bombino
    I love this and have done it for a while. In small to medium sized cities it's awesome because nobody knows about it. In larger sizes cities though, everything good has very long queues.

I didn't know you could borrow e-books.

Kindle has started a new program for prime members. They send you a list of books that they intend to publish and you can pick one to read before it is published

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I didn't know you could borrow e-books.
    It was news to me, too.

I like to read John Grisham books. They have all of them, and I've borrowed several now that I haven't read before.

I have placed a bunch on my wish list, including some self improvement/business books and a couple of Tom Clancy ones I haven't read either. I've only read a couple of his, and really enjoyed them.

Really appreciating it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ukblue View Post
    Kindle has started a new program for prime members. They send you a list of books that they intend to publish and you can pick one to read before it is published
    That's also very intriguing.

I've read 7 books from the library in the past 10 days (I guess 11, counting the day I checked out the first one and including today). I'll slow down a bit, but boy, I'm loving the Kindle. One of them was a short story as well.

My small local library (I technically live outside the city limits of Birmingham, Hoover and Indian Springs, in the county) is ok for these books. I've had several of those on hold while I'm reading two or three others, then it pops up.

I just checked and I have three books currently on hold, two checked out, a number of others on my wish list that are available now if I want to go to them.

One of the books on hold has 2 people ahead of me. The 2nd one has 3 people ahead of me. The 3rd one has 21!!! people ahead of me (Rogue Lawyer, Grisham's most recent book, I guess). But I'm in no hurry. I like a lot of different type of books, and will watch it to see how it goes over the next few weeks.

Bombino
    Don't forget, you don't have TiVo own a kindle to do this. You can just as easily read these books on your phone or tablet using the Kindle app. Albeit the display will be the LCD display of your tablet and not the eink of the kindle, making it harder to read for long periods, but it is definitely doable. The kindle app is free, so it's a great way to make raging easier if you don't want to invest in an ereader

Mrs. BEvans is a librarian for the Louisville library system and they have a really good selection of resources (like ebooks) that I'd never know about if she hadn't told me. It's probably worth your while to speak with a librarian at your local branch to see what they have that's available.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 01-26-2016 at 11:47 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19