Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: RIP David Bowie

RIP David Bowie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bowie

I have to say I never considered myself a huge Bowie fan, but I have his more popular stuff on my iPhone--Suffragette City, Space Oddity, Young Americans, Heroes, to name a few. I'll probably pull up the Let's Dance" CD and listen to it today--I know his hard-core fans don't think much of it, but any CD that has Stevie Ray on it can't be all bad, can it?

RIP.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: RIP David Bowie

Another piece of my childhood gone.....

Can't help it, I've always liked his glam rock. Friend of mine was a huge fan, had everything he ever did, which covered a huge range.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Not a huge fan either, but definitely a talent that transcended a lot of boundaries. Just found out one of our local grocery store's played his music all day for everyone.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

A super talent. Really didn't follow the Ziggy thing much but really liked most of his work.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    A super talent. Really didn't follow the Ziggy thing much but really liked most of his work.
    Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust is a classic. Several hits on there, just a great album.

Moonage Daydream was in Guardians of the Galaxy and was great in it, classic 70s song that many dont' recognize. But the big recognized ones are Starman, Ziggy Stardust and Suffragette (sp) City.

The story of Ziggy is bizarre and honestly silly, Bowie envisioned it as a stage show with all this overtone that isn't really in the album. But it's classic 70s glam rock, and I get a kick out of it.

Mostly I just enjoy that the 70s had such great diversity of music. I miss the 70s generally, but esp. the music. So many people trying so many directions all at once.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

The "Berlin" trilogy recorded in the late 70s with Brian Eno was my first experience with "alternative" music. And I say that as someone growing up in a small town in KY. Like many I wasn't necessarily a fan but have become one over the years. In the time since his death I've listened to a lot that I hadn't heard in a long time and have forgotten how good and how far in front of everyone he was.