Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

I'm kind of stuck at the 223-224 mark. I have started back on my 45/day 5days/week routine. I've been at it just over three weeks so it's kind of disheartening to still be stuck. One thing that makes me feel better about the whole thing is I'm not really doing in sort of dieting. I'm more in a weight management mode than a weight loss mode.

The five things article rings true for me, the biggest one for me is don't try everything at once.

I think once I throw in some eating habit changes I'll get back to dropping a lb or two a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I'm stuck at 223.8, with zero exercise in forever.

I'm going to focus the next few weeks on improving my water drinking. I check my water weight percentage many mornings, and it is usually around 49%. I don't think that's bad, but I bet if I added more water it would help my diet, my metabolism, skin, overall health, etc.

I've got too much going and have had for the last two months...or I'm just lazy. Anyway I'm bouncing around the 223-225 mark still. After I get back from out west the first of Oct. I need to get back to exercise and diet. We'll see.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

Re: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

I am right around 230 right now. Slowly creeping down as I eased up on my diet a bit now that the trip is done. Goal weight is still the same, I was doing some calculations and I MIGHT be able to hit a healthy BMI for the first time since I was 15 by Christmas, it will be close and if I don't hit it at chirstmas for sure it won't be until around Feb because I don't diet at Christmas time.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    I am right around 230 right now. Slowly creeping down as I eased up on my diet a bit now that the trip is done. Goal weight is still the same, I was doing some calculations and I MIGHT be able to hit a healthy BMI for the first time since I was 15 by Christmas, it will be close and if I don't hit it at chirstmas for sure it won't be until around Feb because I don't diet at Christmas time.
    You've done wonderfully.

Bombino

Down to 225.8 today.

Slowly pushing up my running times. Did 5min run, 3min walk, 5min run, 3min walk, 5 min run recently (week 5 of Couch To 5K). I was putting it off because I felt like I couldn't do it (just repeating week 4). Tried it and actually did it and felt great. I am still slow as can be with a 10:00-10:30 min/mile run time, but I am getting my stamina up there. When I started this journey, running for 1 min straight was hard and I felt winded. Now, I am slowly getting better.

I'm at 225.2 this morning. Slightly up.

Bought a book two days ago called

The Perfect Metabolism Plan: Restore Your Energy and Reach Your Ideal Weight

I have suspected my metabolism is all messed up for a long time. I watched calories, "ramped up" when I needed to, and exercised diligently for 4 days a week for a lengthy period of time. The weight loss was minimal. I'm not suggesting it's non-existent, but at age 56, I think I need more than just "drop calories, and exercise to increase metabolism."

I just started reading it--I paid only $0.99 for the Kindle edition; the paperback is $13.99. The focus behind the book isn't necessarily weight loss, but more of a holistic health kind of thing, which appeals to me on a number of levels--but the weight loss goal is one of them in the book, and certainly one of mine.

I can't recommend it yet, but the only 10 reviews on it are all 5-star reviews. One of the reviews really sold me on the book, where it talked about them almost *not* buying it because they thought at first it was "just" for weight loss before they discovered it was more, and called it an intelligent analysis of the most current research on how to eat healthy, etc.

The author is Sara Vance. She is a certified nutritionist and the founder of the company Rebalance Life LLC. She is a regular contributor to Fox News Health, San Diego, as well as MindBodyGreen, and eHow. She has worked in collaboration with doctors, taught at schools and community centers, created videos for Gaiam TV (yoga for kids), in addition to seeing individual clients. Website: www.rebalancelife.com. (from the Amazon link)

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I'm at 225.2 this morning. Slightly up.

Bought a book two days ago called

The Perfect Metabolism Plan: Restore Your Energy and Reach Your Ideal Weight

I have suspected my metabolism is all messed up for a long time. I watched calories, "ramped up" when I needed to, and exercised diligently for 4 days a week for a lengthy period of time. The weight loss was minimal. I'm not suggesting it's non-existent, but at age 56, I think I need more than just "drop calories, and exercise to increase metabolism."

I just started reading it--I paid only $0.99 for the Kindle edition; the paperback is $13.99. The focus behind the book isn't necessarily weight loss, but more of a holistic health kind of thing, which appeals to me on a number of levels--but the weight loss goal is one of them in the book, and certainly one of mine.

I can't recommend it yet, but the only 10 reviews on it are all 5-star reviews. One of the reviews really sold me on the book, where it talked about them almost *not* buying it because they thought at first it was "just" for weight loss before they discovered it was more, and called it an intelligent analysis of the most current research on how to eat healthy, etc.

The author is Sara Vance. She is a certified nutritionist and the founder of the company Rebalance Life LLC. She is a regular contributor to Fox News Health, San Diego, as well as MindBodyGreen, and eHow. She has worked in collaboration with doctors, taught at schools and community centers, created videos for Gaiam TV (yoga for kids), in addition to seeing individual clients. Website: www.rebalancelife.com. (from the Amazon link)
    This will sound weird but have got ever gotten your testosterone levels checked? The lack of energy can be a symptom of that.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

This will sound weird but have got ever gotten your testosterone levels checked? The lack of energy can be a symptom of that.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
    I don't think that sounds weird at all, Pedro. I'm getting an insurance exam and will be finally getting a physical that may address some things as well.

If they take them in the morning they may be artificially inflated or if the late afternoon, deflated.
    Hope they do multiple tests at different times of the day and believe it or not there are many factors that can mimic Low T and its' symptoms.

Nothing will replace a good physical exam by a competent and caring sawbones.
    Mine is a transplanted Alabama lady so she understands southern cooking and its' hold on folks.

Are you taking any kind of a multivitamin?
    One with a high concentration of B complex vitamins did wonders for me, although you will pee highlighter yellow, don't freak...
    Last edited by BigBluePappy; 10-06-2016 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Additinal thought, what else...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Super! For me the thread also serves as motivation. It's nice to see others share in similar struggles/results with diet and exercise whether they're positive or not. Plus for me it also has a bit of an underlying competitive motivation.

I'm one of those up and down guys and it's nice to see I'm not alone. I currently am in one of those lazy slumps where I have more excuses than drive.

Let us know how you're doing, I know I can use all the motivation I can get right now.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Super! For me the thread also serves as motivation. It's nice to see others share in similar struggles/results with diet and exercise whether they're positive or not. Plus for me it also has a bit of an underlying competitive motivation.

I'm one of those up and down guys and it's nice to see I'm not alone. I currently am in one of those lazy slumps where I have more excuses than drive.

Let us know how you're doing, I know I can use all the motivation I can get right now.

You just replied to a Spam bot (notice how he edited your quote to include a link). I tried to report it but the report function errors out.

You just replied to a Spam bot (notice how he edited your quote to include a link). I tried to report it but the report function errors out.
    I'm an idiot, but I thought I recalled the handle from a while back...🙄

No worries.

KSR Spam Ban.JPG

Bombino

No worries.

KSR Spam Ban.JPG
    You might want to mention to CBBN that the report post function is broken. It just spins and spins eventually taking the user to a page that says EOF.

Bombino

I'm down to 216.3lbs! A two week plateu finally broke and I lost a decent amount.

I'm down to 216.3lbs! A two week plateu finally broke and I lost a decent amount.
    Great job!!!

I'm going backwards 228... UGH!!

Up to 229.4, worst in a long time. Think I will try hard the rest of the year rather than wait on a New Year's resolution.

Up to 229.4, worst in a long time. Think I will try hard the rest of the year rather than wait on a New Year's resolution.
    Same for me at 228. If i don't do anything through the eating season I'll be 240 by New Years.

I knew it was going to be bad.

232.0. This is ridiculous.

Welcome to 232.0, I have been stuck on that number for a WHILE down from about 250-260 a year or so ago.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

228.6 still... can't get motivated to start exercising.

Hey, I'm down 10 lbs in the last week!

Weight last Friday was 250, today I'm 240.

That's what happens when you don't eat for a week........
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Hey, I'm down 10 lbs in the last week!

Weight last Friday was 250, today I'm 240.

That's what happens when you don't eat for a week........
    Geez! There is a much better way to do it!

I missed my monthly target of riding 100 miles last month. I made only 83. I need to get busy, so I don’t miss again in July. I going for 10 miles tonight and 15 tomorrow. Hope I make it.
    Real Fan since 1958

Too funny, my last post from 12/8/2016 has me at 228, here it is 7/2018 and I’m hanging at 220.

Beats a stick in the eye...

this is the lightest I've been in 15 years. Who needs exercise.
    Last edited by Doc; 07-10-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Down another 3#, to a stealth 237. My Dr been on me for 15 years to lose wt. About time I followed his orders

As an aside....its looks like I don't have cancer!!! Seems they found the answer. I was positive for lupus anticoagulant antiphospholipid syndrome. Of course that was offset by the news that I also have an aortic aneurysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    As an aside....its looks like I don't have cancer!!! Seems they found the answer. I was positive for lupus anticoagulant antiphospholipid syndrome. Of course that was offset by the news that I also have an aortic aneurysm.
    Geez. Man, you are having it rough, but take the good news when you can, I guess.