Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    Cant get below 185--it's alkyhol.

Walking 4.1 miles every am, at a sub 15 minute/mile pace

Had a woman say to me last week, "I remember the fit Jeff Krauss, what the h have you been eating?"
    185? Man I'd settle for 205. 185 is outstanding!!
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

227.2 this morning after two weeks of eating poorly and no exercise.

Bombino

Was down at 249.3 last Friday, then 4th of July weekend visiting family and friends hit. This meant lots of salt-ladden high calorie foods with my family and good beer with friends. I tried to eat moderately carefully, but for sure two days I went well over my limit. This overage was mainly due to the beer with friends; dark beer has a LOT of calories. Additionally, the salt meant really heavy water retention.

The end result? Post weekend I weighed 255.7 lbs. Now I know it was physically impossible to gain that much weight in fat, in that time frame, so it was likely water retention from the salty food. Sure enough, by today I'm back down to 249.6. So around 0.5 lbs gained this weekend, if I include the weight lost from the last two days of dieting. That seems reasonable, based on the amount I estimate I went over.

223.6 I'm going the wrong way. The number of sedentary days is starting to surpass the active days.

I need to get motivated and get back to exercising at least 3 days/wk..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

No idea what this week is doing. I'm sweating like crazy, decent steps per day in sweltering heat, but eating poorly, as you would expect on vacation. Drinking tons of water. I have almost two quarts with me that get refilled during the day as I consume them. But eating may be destroying all of it. I'm rooting for a wash.

^I don't worry about what I eat when I'm on vacation. (May be 1 reason why I'm still where I am.)

When I go to Disney I eat basically whatever I want and usually stay even. I think it's the massive amount of walking. For example, my average walking day at home is around 11,000 steps. One day at Epcot I walked over 19,000.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 07-08-2016 at 07:43 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    ^I don't worry about what I eat when I'm on vacation. (May be 1 reason why I'm still where I am.)

When I go to Disney I eat basically whatever I want and usually stay even. I think it's the massive amount of walking. For example, my average walking day at home is around 11,000 steps. One day at Epcot I walked over 19,000.
    I'll go with that theory. The heat of the day hasn't hit yet, and it is currently 107 on the heat index as I melt, so my brain cells aren't working well either.

Bombino

I eat healthy normally so that i can enjoy the times when I am on vacation and can go crazy. I plan on eating well when I go travel in August. My gf has already compiled a list of things to eat in Saigon and Da Lat.

Yup...

ForumRunner_20160710_003610.jpg

2 week vacation = 4-5 lbs, but I don't worry about calories and what I'm eating.

What's troubling to me is I usually hang around the same weight through the summer, this year I'm starting to creep up, I was at 224 this morning.

Back to the machine starting today. I'd like to get back to where I was before vacation in May (216-217). I'm not too far out of shape with all the summer activity the problem is there is no consistency/routine. I've got to get a regular routine going.

Basically I have to quit being lazy... Go figure!

More than 40k steps the last two days. Will weigh Tuesday morning. I feel heavy.

Bombino

Banggood has the MiBand 2 on sale for $36 shipped. Contrary to what I expected, prices have gone through the ROOF on the MiBand 2. It was pre-ordering at $38. Prices are now running in the upper forties to fifties. Pretty much ALL of the reviews foor this

http://www.banggood.com/Original-Xia...p-1057324.html

Use coupon code miband27 to knock $10 off bring the price down to $36.

Disappointing. But I really don't like wearing wristbands anyway, so I guess it's ok. Glad the product seems as good as advertised.

230.8. Uggh. I ate terribly, but was hoping against hope walking and sweating would counter it.

223.4 Tuesday. I did start getting back in exercise shape, I'll be up to 10 minutes by the start of next week, hopefully 20 minutes by the end of next week. Then it's 40 minutes five days a week.

225.0. May have had a "heavy" weigh-in when I returned, and a light one today, but pleased nonetheless.

I'm still hanging between 222-223, I'm finally back in cardio shape and should start 30 minutes/day five days/week workouts starting Sunday

Bombino
    Just signed in at 239.4 this morning. A nice drop after being plateud for a week. This hits my real goal of 240 for my trip about two weeks early. I don't think I'll hit my stretch goal of 230,but that's ok. I got my main goal.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Dropped to 222.0, but back to 225.2 this morning.

Bombino

By the way, if you get ice cream cravings a lot. There are a lot of ultra low calorie ice creams out now. Artic Zero (found at WalMart) is the easiest to find but the least quality, Halo Top can be found at most Krogers I think and tastes MUCH better. They tend to run 150-300 calories a PINT (instead of 4x that much a pint on average).

Bombino
    Damn costco rotisserie chicken is a good deal. I get the pre-separated stuff that is only $4 a pound. Incredibly tender and tasty. If you don't want the pre-separated stuff, the whole chicken is only $5. Makes for excellent low calorie high protein food. 6oz chicken 240 cal, 44g protein. Also, thousand island dressing mixed with Sriracha makes an amazing dipping sauce

I'm still pushing, down in the 237 range this morning.

Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 08-04-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Up to 227.2. This is ridiculous. And part of the reason I am breaking down and trying to get in to see the doctor.

Hanging at 223-224. Got strep throat and backed off exercise. Strep drains every ounce of energy you have, all while your throats on fire.

Should get back to exercise starting again tomorrow. Could actually make a run at it tonight but I'm lazy.

227.0, 32.1% BMI, 49.5% water

Bombino

Tried out the Costco Protein bars, they are basically the Kirkland version of Quest bars. They are quite good and at about 30% of the price of a quest bar, they are WELL worth it. I am down to the 234 range today. Offically 61lbs down from my high (my stubborn hard-headedness is good for something!)
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 08-08-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Bombino

Let's do a facial comparison of what losing 60lbs does to your face. You guys get to see what I look like, since I don't think anyone here ever has.

Before: http://i.imgur.com/hYH46fc.jpg
    After: http://i.imgur.com/g5XHBbC.jpg

Pedro, that's terrific. Very inspiring.

Wow! You look like you even feel a lot better... With all due respect of course.

Congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Let's do a facial comparison of what losing 60lbs does to your face. You guys get to see what I look like, since I don't think anyone here ever has. Before: http://i.imgur.com/hYH46fc.jpg After: http://i.imgur.com/g5XHBbC.jpg Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
    Incredible and inspiring!

Good article that reinforces a lot of what Pedro has suggested in this thread.

Five common weight loss mistakes -

http://lifehacker.com/five-of-the-mo...yin-1785471016