Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Re: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    A reminder to not eat back all of the estimated calories burned by your fitness tracker. While most calculate number of steps quite well, they tend to be far off estimating calories with most estimating 40-70% too high.

http://www.wthr.com/story/31285468/s...isfit-accuracy

Eating back the calories can really mess with your CICO balance.
    I couldn't even figure out what my fitness tracker was telling me on the calories, so I always ignore it. It allows me to move the categories around on my display (maybe delete it--I'll have to check), so I just move it to the bottom, off the phone screen unless I scroll down. (I THINK it tries to adjust how many calories I can eat based on my activities and my input of desire to lose weight at a certain rate per page. You know me by now--that's too complicated. I like SIMPLE, so I ignore it. Plus when I look at it, it changes during the day, and I think it's crap that it tells me I'm ahead or behind of where I should be calorie-wise at a particular moment during the day. That might work for some people, but it's noise to me and I don't want to see it.) Reading that story, I'm very happy with my decision to ignore it, since it's likely way, way wrong anyway. Good.

It's pretty easy for me. I know I always want to be under 2,000 calories, and preferably in the 1500 calorie range when I am trying to lose weight. I don't mine going up to 1700ish, especially if I exercise. Yesterday I ran 3.5+ miles and the treadmill claimed it burned 600 calories at my weight, which I input at 232, although I last weighed over 234. I "feel" I am less than that; it was a bad weighing. Anyway, inputting everything yesterday for my calories, even allowing dinner at a bad place at Steak-N-Shake (burger, onion rings, no shake or drink), I was in the 1700's calories wise. That's a good day for me. I'm going to try real hard to kick-start this diet thing for about two weeks, using the Slim-Fast to get it started.

2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

So yesterday afternoon I decided it was a good time to go for an old man's run before the weather gets too hot to do this in an afternoon. I turned on my Runtastic Pro app to keep me company.

I finished and it asked me to take a selfie, so I did. Little did I realize the app wanted to mock me... uploadfromtaptalk1464007835266.jpg

In all seriousness, I was watching a woman jog on a path that intersected mine. I thought, "gee, she's going slow." she turned onto my path behind me, and passed me in no time. I really am slow.

At the gym I "run" at 4.5 mph for 4 or 5 minutes, then walk at 3.6 for 1, if I'm feeling good. If not I drop it to a 3 to 1 ratio. I like to pretend it is an assist to turnover ratio. Yesterday was about the same, I guess, 3 miles in 42 minutes. It sucks being old and overweight.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    In all seriousness, I was watching a woman jog on a path that intersected mine. I thought, "gee, she's going slow." she turned onto my path behind me, and passed me in no time. I really am slow.

At the gym I "run" at 4.5 mph for 4 or 5 minutes, then walk at 3.6 for 1, if I'm feeling good. If not I drop it to a 3 to 1 ratio. I like to pretend it is an assist to turnover ratio. Yesterday was about the same, I guess, 3 miles in 42 minutes. It sucks being old and overweight.
    Slow is better than not at all. That's what they stressed in C25K, that slow is better than fast if you want to get a good cardio workout.

Finally my plateu broke and I dropped 5lbs in 2 days. That puts me right back on the same curve as before.

Finally my plateu broke and I dropped 5lbs in 2 days. That puts me right back on the same curve as before.
    Nice!

Well, I'm back to work after two weeks of R&R at the beach. I weighed in this morning at 222.1, which is a 5.1 lb increase from two weeks ago tomorrow.

Since my official weigh in day is Tuesday, I'm going to see what it is tomorrow. I've got a lot of yard work to catch up on so that'll be my exercise for the next couple of evenings and then it's back to the machine 5/wk for :40:00.

5lbs is pretty typical for me adding back...at the time it just seemed like I was gaining more, so I'm pleased to see my average weight gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Refraining from weighing in, hoping to have some good news. I know I'm starving with these two Slim-Fast shakes for breakfast & lunch, with a small banana in between (2x) a day. I'm eating what I want for dinner, not following their "500 calorie" or whatever plan, but think/hope the Slim-Fast plan is helping, along with a pretty good regimented exercise workout most of the days during the week. I don't want to see 0.6 pound lost; I want to see 5-10 pounds. I need progress.

My official weigh in day (Tuesday) held at 222. I pinged between 222, and 221.

I'll need to get back to exercising if I want to continue trying to lose weight.

I'm back to my usual daily diet, fresh fruit and plain yogurt for breakfast, a Nature Valley and beverage for lunch, and what ever I want for dinner.

The key for me is staying away from crazy desserts, and snacking around at night.

Right now I'm eating the rest of the Chilton Co strawberries in the form of strawberry shortcake (yikes!!).

I figure to be back on the machine starting Sunday. 40 minutes five days/week.

We'll see gotta work off the damn strawberries.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

Officially hit 264.8 today, which means I am down 30.2lbs. Did a deload on squat recently to focus on my form. My form was getting a bit off and I felt like I needed to get back to that. Slowly getting back up again, did deadlift 240lbs the other day which was HARD as hell but fun. The best part is, I am gaining muscle at the same time I am losing weight. This means I am actually losing fat at an even faster rate!
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 05-26-2016 at 07:54 AM.

228.4 today. Have dropped 5 pounds, or 4.6, depending on when it started.

Went one week on the Slim-Fast diet-ish. Breakfast and lunch for the last 8 days have been Slim-Fast shakes. I must be not rounding off the scoops enough, or they give extra, because the cannister I bought was supposed to make 14 shakes and I still have a little left.

I'm going to take a short break from it - frankly, I'm sick of them - but then resume.

Have ran 5 of the last 7 days, minimum 2.5 miles. Yesterday ran 2.6 at 4 pm, 90 degrees outside, and that's all I could do. My son has soccer tryouts next week and he'll be in the heat six times, so he and I went to get acclimated to the heat. I figured if I could handle it, he would be ok.

It's a start.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 05-27-2016 at 12:54 PM.

222 and holding

Slim-Fast rich chocolate Royale shake mix isn't bad. Not too sweet. After 14 shakes of the French vanilla in 8 days, this is a welcome change.

2.5 miles this morning, then ran 2.5 miles outside this afternoon while boys were practicing soccer.

Bombino
    Missed going to the gym today, though it was Saturday. Not Sunday when the gym closes early. Oh well, no big loss. Weighed myself this morning and I was down to 262.6lbs. Now this is likely mostly water weight from sweating like a demon yesterday and I expect to gain most of it back over the next couple days. Would be nice if it's real.

Up to 230.8.

Gained 2 pounds over the weekend. Ran 8 miles, Slim-Fast shakes for breakfast and lunch, banana mid morning and mid afternoon.

Dinner/after destroyed the day. Two beers Friday night. Greek chicken pasta dish, desserts, cheeses Friday night, Wings and BBQ sauce and fries Saturday night, with chips later, and Sunday more Greek chicken pasta, cheese and crackers, and two nutri grain bars. But I've eaten worse, so it is disheartening, even though I know that wasn't good to eat.

I have to stop my obsession with daily weighing too.

Tuesday's weigh in had me at 221.4, I got on the scale Saturday and was 219.2.

Interestingly enough I haven't really done much since vacation in the way of diet or exercise. I simply have not had the time to exercise, but have have been running crazy with chores and errands and I suppose that's helped.

I'd like to get close to 215 by the 4th of July so I imagine I'm going to have to get some discipline and start regular exercise.

I'm still a lazy bas$@&$d and have not got back in the exercise groove. My Tuesday weigh in had me at 221.2, so I guess I'm staving off weight gain with outdoor activity, and limited junk food forages.

Moderation I suppose seems to be working..

Oh well, off to mow the lawn that'll be my exercise for today, followed by icy cold watermelon.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I'm still a lazy bas$@&$d and have not got back in the exercise groove. My Tuesday weigh in had me at 221.2, so I guess I'm staving off weight gain with outdoor activity, and limited junk food forages.

Moderation I suppose seems to be working..

Oh well, off to mow the lawn that'll be my exercise for today, followed by icy cold watermelon.

If you are watching your diet, that is all you need to do to maintain or lose weight. You don't get the other health benefits of working out though.

5.6 miles today on the treadmill.

I walked today. To a bar for burgers and beer. I feel really healthy now. Or fat and buzzed, I get those two confused.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I'm going backwards, at least with being active. I got my Tuesday Fitbit update and I didn't even average 4K steps/day last week. I was averaging closer to 8k/day with minimal exercise, and 10k/day with exercise 5 days/wk.

Good news is I'm staying right around 222ish, with little exercise.

My biggest excuse for not exercising is lack of time. I've had to be somewhere after work every day for the last three weeks... Or so it seems. I've never been a later in the night (past 8:00) exerciser.

I really need to start at least attempting to try and get back inti some type of routine.

I've been more active in the last couple of weeks, and that has helped.

Took yesterday off, but will be back with it. It is helping that my son is in his "summer training" mode, so I can get some exercise when he does. Our schedules don't always mesh, but it has helped.

"Down" to 227.0. That's not nearly enough, but it's the lowest it's been in awhile. Hopefully I can push it lower. If I can get it under 220, that will be a mental breakthrough to me of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I've been more active in the last couple of weeks, and that has helped.

Took yesterday off, but will be back with it. It is helping that my son is in his "summer training" mode, so I can get some exercise when he does. Our schedules don't always mesh, but it has helped.

"Down" to 227.0. That's not nearly enough, but it's the lowest it's been in awhile. Hopefully I can push it lower. If I can get it under 220, that will be a mental breakthrough to me of sorts.
    That's great!! Sounds like you've been putting in the work and it looks like it's starting to pay off. Minus three lbs in two weeks ain't too shabby.

I just need to get disciplined and get started back in my routine. I'm hoping you'll provide me some motivation.

Fab Five

Darrell, on a healthy note, there is a great restaurant that Kingseve took me to today over close to your estate. It is Eli's Jerusalem Restaurant. Heavy mediterranean influence. It is in Inverness behind the Wendy's on 280 right next door to salvatore's

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Darrell, on a healthy note, there is a great restaurant that Kingseve took me to today over close to your estate. It is Eli's Jerusalem Restaurant. Heavy mediterranean influence. It is in Inverness behind the Wendy's on 280 right next door to salvatore's
    I'll have to try that, Mick. I'm next door to it most Saturday nights (Ixtapa). We need a healthy change.

Bombino

Down to 252.3 which puts be at 42.7 lbs lost so far. THinking about working some running back into my workout now that I am at a lighter weight. The stress on my joints was getting to be too much at the heavier weight so Istopped.

Down to 252.3 which puts be at 42.7 lbs lost so far. THinking about working some running back into my workout now that I am at a lighter weight. The stress on my joints was getting to be too much at the heavier weight so Istopped.
    That. Is. Fantastic. Great work, Pedro.

Bombino

Reached 250.0 this morning upon weight in. This hits my first target, that was the bare minimum I wanted to lose before August. Ideally I wanted to reach 240.0 before August and I MIGHT be able to do it.

Reached 250.0 this morning upon weight in. This hits my first target, that was the bare minimum I wanted to lose before August. Ideally I wanted to reach 240.0 before August and I MIGHT be able to do it.
    Great job!!

I'm still sitting on 222, I've seen as low as 218 but always balance back out to 222. Good news is I'm really not doing much in the way of diet or exercise, just yard work and such.

Cant get below 185--it's alkyhol.

Walking 4.1 miles every am, at a sub 15 minute/mile pace

Had a woman say to me last week, "I remember the fit Jeff Krauss, what the h have you been eating?"