Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Re: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

-28 is fantastic. Keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I'm stuck on 217....no big deal, other than it looks like I'll miss my 215 goal. 16 months ago I weighed a little over 245, so I'm doing okay.

When my machine went down I didn't exercise consistently or regularly for about a month. Now that I'm back in business my schedule has gotten so hectic I'm struggling getting back into my routine.

Will be interesting to see how my weight gets along with two weeks on the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombino

Down to 271.3lbs, a LOT more to go. I had a decent day in the gym today. Hit a new high of 225lbs deadlift (that felt damn good), also hit 200lbs on my squat, though I failed on overhead press at 105. Adding protein supplements to my diet has been quite helpful in maintaing my gains in the gym, even though I am losing weight.

Wow just picked up on that lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    I think he is implying that bikers slow him down. Not that he is a biker himself.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    -28 is fantastic. Keep up the great work.
    Ain't all that great, four months ago I was at 235. So you can see I go up and down, the key is to never gain more than 10lbs back from my low weight.

My goal over the rest of the year is to not get over 225. Obviously I would like to continue the downward trend, but two weeks of vacation is usually good for adding 5 lbs.

I am going to try and stay more disciplined the rest of the year going into the eating season, which for me starts around Halloween.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

215.5!!! I think it's fools gold though, I'll see what tomorrow's weigh in is. Oh, by the way I got my Sweat Gutr!!

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

215.5!!! I think it's fools gold though, I'll see what tomorrow's weigh in is. Oh, by the way I got my Sweat Gutr!!

Wow did your subsequent weight ins go? I'm now down at 269.6 today! Yesterday at the gym was DAMN hard, felt no energy in my legs for some reason. Hope eating more veggies will help me to better recover.

Eaten poorly for awhile. Last week alone had youngest daughter's birthday, sister in law and nephew in town, mother's day, you name it, every excuse in the books. This week I have daughter birthday #1, rehearsal dinner for long time friend's daughter, soccer banquet, wedding reception sit down dinner, golf team party, show choir pot luck dinner and probably some fast food there. I'm going to work hard to limit things this week, but next week is when I will get ultra serious on the diet.

Wow did your subsequent weight ins go? I'm now down at 269.6 today! Yesterday at the gym was DAMN hard, felt no energy in my legs for some reason. Hope eating more veggies will help me to better recover.
    I came in at 216.4 yesterday. I find those "damn hard" exercise days are the ones that I make sure and finish. I actually didn't exercise much this weekend but had tons of yard work to get done before leaving for two weeks.

Tomorrow morning will be my official weigh in before leaving on vacation. Two weeks of limited exercise and dieting non-existent. I'm guessing a five lb swing...

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Wow just picked up on that lol!

Yeah I'm far too out of shape and lazy to ride a bike, or walk very far. In the Keys i walk everywhere, here I am thinking about getting an electric cart thing to get from the couch to the fridge.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

When I left this morning I was at 217 flat. Pretty amazing considering over the last two weeks of sensible eating and regular exercise I fluctuated between 215 and 217.7. I think a lot of it has to do with salt intake and water retention, as well as some medications I take that may have an effect on liquid retention.

Anyway missed my goal by two lbs ...all in all not too shabby.

Today traveling we ate lunch at the Bell Buckle Cafe in Bell Buckle TN, if you're trying to watch your weight "DO NOT" go there. That was followed by AL BBQ for dinner.

That will be my over eat day for the next week or so.

When I left this morning I was at 217 flat. Pretty amazing considering over the last two weeks of sensible eating and regular exercise I fluctuated between 215 and 217.7. I think a lot of it has to do with salt intake and water retention, as well as some medications I take that may have an effect on liquid retention.

Anyway missed my goal by two lbs ...all in all not too shabby.

Today traveling we ate lunch at the Bell Buckle Cafe in Bell Buckle TN, if you're trying to watch your weight "DO NOT" go there. That was followed by AL BBQ for dinner.

That will be my over eat day for the next week or so.

Good for you.

I am finding, for the first time in my life, that it's not easy dropping weight. I'm not trying hard yet, but in the past, it was easy. Sort of watch what I eat a little, run to the gym 2-3 times a week, and -2 pounds a week as a result.

I do that now, and I'm stagnant.

Have to get serious with the calorie counting, number one, then an exercise plan. I like exercising, running and playing basketball. So just making time for it is the only thing.

Up 5 lbs. Stressful

My FitBit took a dunk in the ocean today....Looks like it might time for a new FitBit.

My Fitbit syncs terribly with my phone. It will sync, just not when I do it manually. I like being able to see progress when I am running, so that's a bummer, but it works so I can't justify buying another.

I was told I looked like I lost weight, must be that dang stressful job!!!
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Weddings and birthdays don't help, but I guess I can always find an excuse.

Bombino

I hate plateus. That is all.

2-1/2 miles at the gym last night, then rode a bicycle a few more miles. Loading up my gym bag to carry after a phone call in 45 minutes to repeat today.

Rupp's Runt

I started walking around the neighborhood about six weeks ago. Started short and have worked up to 3 miles at least 5 times a week.
    When I began this I weighed 248 lbs. As of today I am down to 231 lbs.
    I have my annual physical coming up at the VA next month. My last two physicals have been okay, but they keep telling me that my A1C is borderline high, that my bad cholesterol is just a tad high and my good cholesterol is just a tad low.
    I'm tired of hearing it already.
    MOLON LABE!

Great job, suncat! -17 pounds is outstanding. I knew some of you must be losing what I'm gaining...

Two days in a row at the gym. Yay me. But even with running 6 miles on a treadmill (total) the last two days, I do not have 10,000 steps either day. Did I tell you how sedentary I am normally?

I'm really perplexed. I'm still gaining weight, even though I have started adding doing late night grocery shopping at Walmart so I can get more steps in walking around the bakery section. I don't know why I'm not losing weight. uploadfromtaptalk1463712427239.jpg

Ok - so I just tried Slim fast, French vanilla. Disgustingly sweet. I'm all for trying this for breakfast or some snack instead of cookies but I can't drink it this sweet.

Cut the powder? More skim milk? Add water? More ice?

I would prefer not to add anything that would require a blender. If I can't toss it in one of my three blender bottles, it ain't happening. Gotta. Be. Easy. Or. I. Won't. Do. It.

Bombino

Ok - so I just tried Slim fast, French vanilla. Disgustingly sweet. I'm all for trying this for breakfast or some snack instead of cookies but I can't drink it this sweet.

Cut the powder? More skim milk? Add water? More ice?

I would prefer not to add anything that would require a blender. If I can't toss it in one of my three blender bottles, it ain't happening. Gotta. Be. Easy. Or. I. Won't. Do. It.
    Get some unflavored whey protein concentrate or isolate and mix them half and half. It will cut the sweetness while still giving you a healthy protein rich breakfast. I recently tried the MusclePharm Cookies and Creme Protein Powder. The stuff is crazy sweet, it tastes like liquefied cookies and creme ice cream. When I am looking for normal, I cut it with another protein source not so sweet, when I want a desert I drink it straight.

Also, still frustratingly not losing weight. I know I just have to ride it out because I can feel in my clothes that I am losing fat. Just not on the scale, my goal was to hit 240lbs by mid-Aug but that is starting to appear to be not possible if this plateu keeps going.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 05-20-2016 at 08:14 AM.

We're heading home tomorrow, and I'm a little scared to see what may return weigh in yields. I feel like I've gained more than just a couple of pounds.

We'll see Saturday night or Sunday morning....

Get some unflavored whey protein concentrate or isolate and mix them half and half. It will cut the sweetness while still giving you a healthy protein rich breakfast. I recently tried the MusclePharm Cookies and Creme Protein Powder. The stuff is crazy sweet, it tastes like liquefied cookies and creme ice cream. When I am looking for normal, I cut it with another protein source not so sweet, when I want a desert I drink it straight.

Also, still frustratingly not losing weight. I know I just have to ride it out because I can feel in my clothes that I am losing fat. Just not on the scale, my goal was to hit 240lbs by mid-Aug but that is starting to appear to be not possible if this plateu keeps going.
    Great suggestions, Pedro. I will try that.

I tried something today that worked pretty well. I poured a half a cup of coffee and crushed ice and mixed it in with the Slim-Fast. It also cut the sweetness, and made it sort of an iced coffee. I like your suggestion better, but this one will also work for me.

Also, I am confident you are doing well. I actually like feeling it in my clothes first, as that has a comfort feeling to me as it progresses that stays with you all day. Keep up the good work, and don't be discouraged by a number.

We're heading home tomorrow, and I'm a little scared to see what may return weigh in yields. I feel like I've gained more than just a couple of pounds.

Be safe, and remember you were on vacation no matter what.

Bombino

Great suggestions, Pedro. I will try that.

I tried something today that worked pretty well. I poured a half a cup of coffee and crushed ice and mixed it in with the Slim-Fast. It also cut the sweetness, and made it sort of an iced coffee. I like your suggestion better, but this one will also work for me.
    That actually sounds really good, if I hadn't quit caffeine I would have likely done that sometimes; making my protein with coffee.

Also, I am confident you are doing well. I actually like feeling it in my clothes first, as that has a comfort feeling to me as it progresses that stays with you all day. Keep up the good work, and don't be discouraged by a number.
    yeah I know. It has been about a week of me hovering. I know I am on the right path but it takes time. I am sure eventually the plateu will break and I will be good to go. It doesn't help that I have modified my work out to be a bit more full body encompassing (which has been making me sore). Plus water weight (had some salty soup recently) and I imagine that is mostly what this is.

Remember if you have been eating salty foods, you will carry at least a few pounds of water weight. Don't trust the number until you have had a couple of days to return to your normal diet and shed the water weight.

Bombino

A reminder to not eat back all of the estimated calories burned by your fitness tracker. While most calculate number of steps quite well, they tend to be far off estimating calories with most estimating 40-70% too high.

http://www.wthr.com/story/31285468/s...isfit-accuracy

Eating back the calories can really mess with your CICO balance.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 05-22-2016 at 09:45 AM.