Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    222.8 this morning. Ran yesterday on a hilly course, slow but 3.15 miles. This morning I had a Zoom Webinar to attend and I took my dictaphone and earphones and walked 4.66 miles during the 90 minute Webinar. Had no visual to watch, just presenters talking so I I didn't have to watch it, just listen. So happy the weather is getting warmer so I can go out.
    222.8 is pretty sporty. My weigh in day is on Tuesday... last Tuesday 228.8. I’ve had a couple of hiccups but dieting started two weeks ago. Slow and steady wins this race for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Well...

^^That’s a lot!!! What are we looking at there?

Last edited by blueboss; 03-07-2021 at 09:12 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    ^^That’s a lot!!! What are we looking at there?

Some sort of glitch is what we're looking at. I wish I did that today.

I walked 3.6 miles while listening to a Webinar and recording dictated notes. Should've been, oh, about 45,000 or so below that. No idea what happened.

Re: 2016 Walking, Exercise, Weight Loss Member Challenge Thread

Week 9. Been drifting since the last time I noted I've been drifting. Still down about 12 pounds from start, but have to get back on track. Exercising 30 minutes X 4 this week, walking the line on my eating.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Well...
    Maybe it’s on the week mode...

As far as I know it doesn't have a weekly option (for the watch display. I can see it in Garmin Connect app that way.). Those numbers wouldn't have been right anyway for the week.

It reset to 0 today when I put it on so we'll see what happens. It may just be the product of a 3 year old watch needing replacing.

Edit...I checked Garmin Connect app too. It showed 53k daily steps yesterday too. Just funky weird.

I think the most I’ve ever logged in a day was 20-21k, so at 53k you were non stop.

It didn't happen. It was some sort of glitch.

I also only wear the watch (usually) as I'm going to walk or run. So getting 6000-7500 or so would be a really good day because that's just my exercise. 53k is unlikely to have even been a week's worth.

The week before I wasn’t exercising due to stitches. This past week I went :15min/5 days. This week I’m going :20min/5 days.

55,375 total steps

Avg. 7,911 steps per day.▲38,266 more than last week.

Tried something new today. Felt fine, but they think I overdid it. Screenshot_20210308-144719__01.jpg

I think the most I’ve ever logged in a day was 20-21k, so at 53k you were non stop.

My top was this at 34803. Was a day I did a 5K at Disney (as you can see started early...and it was cold, friggin cold!), then spent the days at the parks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    My top was this at 34803. Was a day I did a 5K at Disney (as you can see started early...and it was cold, friggin cold!), then spent the days at the parks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I hit over 31k one day at Disney as well. For my money, a long day at Disney is about as good of exercise as this old man is going to get.

The worst part was, toward mid-evening we rode some ride that got you wet. My shorts ended up getting wet, and rather than drying off completely, well, let's just say I earned the rest of those steps and paid for it the remainder of the time we were in Orlando.

Turns out, I'm underweight based on my height...

I hit over 31k one day at Disney as well. For my money, a long day at Disney is about as good of exercise as this old man is going to get.

The worst part was, toward mid-evening we rode some ride that got you wet. My shorts ended up getting wet, and rather than drying off completely, well, let's just say I earned the rest of those steps and paid for it the remainder of the time we were in Orlando.
    Been there, done that. Make it home bowed legged
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Turns out, I'm underweight based on my height...
    Had know idea you were Sarr’s size. Sarr is soft.

My Tuesday weigh in had me at 228.4. Typically when I start my winter routine, I’m down 10lbs by the end of March. I’m only down 5lbs now and not sure I’ll make the other 5 by 3/31.

Whoever mentioned the thing about getting older and pounds coming off slower was right. I am dieting(counting calories), and doing cardio... I’m a bit behind on exercise and being at :40min, 5 days/wk. but jeez, it’s going slow this year.

I’m still going to shoot for 210 by 5/1

The struggle is real... see bbq thread.

Tuesday weigh in albeit a little later than usual came in at 227 even.

Up to :25min/2.01 mi five days a week. The distance changes slightly depending on pace but the five day average came to 2.01. Gonna hang here for another week then bump up to :30/five days/wk.

FWIW, the Garmin has been fine this week. Of course, the weather has been bad, so I have not been able to get out and run, and I only wear it sporadically. Like yesterday was 880 steps or so. I have a treadmill and weights in the garage, but I just don't enjoy that. I guess I need to do like Andy said about Aunt Bea's pickles, "learn to love 'em."

I’m back on the IR list and sidelined from exercise. Give the ear a day or two to mend so I don’t get it all sweaty, and the BP up causing additional swelling/pain.

Back at it 2.07 mi/:25 min.

Tuesday weigh in 226 lb, looks like a pound a week. Thought I’d be at 220 by 4/1. Didn’t happen, too many set backs.. on IR 3 times since 2/1.

Straight ahead, “can’t never did anything” ~ some guy

221.8. Slow.

221.8. Slow.
    You need to lose more weight quicker. You’re generally 5lbs less than me, so the faster you get to 215 the quicker I’ll get to 220...

I'm going to try something soon. Maybe.

Headed to the allergist Thursday, which I have needed to do for years. That's a definite. Just part of getting health in order.

Then I am going to go see a podiatrist about my feet...the arch, bad nails when I run that turn in, pronation, etc.

Then I'm going to an athletic shoe store and be fitted for real running shoes that fit my feet.

That's the pre-plan.

After all of that, I'm going to try to match the Commissioner. At least in 50 day segments.

Greg Sankey has run, outdoors, for 350 days in a row, at least 35 minutes each day and often more. It's 3.5-4 miles minimum, often 5 miles, with occasional runs up to 9 miles.

He's a runner. I'm a guy who pretends to run. There's a difference. But if he can run for 35 or more minutes a day every day, so can I.

I'd like to try it in a 50 day stretch.

It may be a pipe dream. But I'd like to try it.

I'm going to try something soon. Maybe.

Headed to the allergist Thursday, which I have needed to do for years. That's a definite. Just part of getting health in order.

Then I am going to go see a podiatrist about my feet...the arch, bad nails when I run that turn in, pronation, etc.

Then I'm going to an athletic shoe store and be fitted for real running shoes that fit my feet.

That's the pre-plan.

After all of that, I'm going to try to match the Commissioner. At least in 50 day segments.

Greg Sankey has run, outdoors, for 350 days in a row, at least 35 minutes each day and often more. It's 3.5-4 miles minimum, often 5 miles, with occasional runs up to 9 miles.

He's a runner. I'm a guy who pretends to run. There's a difference. But if he can run for 35 or more minutes a day every day, so can I.

I'd like to try it in a 50 day stretch.

It may be a pipe dream. But I'd like to try it.
    Good luck, sounds like a good plan.

I’m sticking to 30/35 minutes a day on the machine which equates to about 2.5 or so miles.

Good luck, sounds like a good plan.

I’m sticking to 30/35 minutes a day on the machine which equates to about 2.5 or so miles.

It's a lot better for your knees, ankles, etc. Right now, I have been blessed with no issues related to those items, so I'm going to continue, as I find it more tedious to do it indoors than suffering outdoor elements. You are more dedicated than I am.

I have to get a referral to see a podiatrist, so I have an annual physical scheduled Monday. This will be my 2nd in less than 5 years, so I'm really doing well. Now that I think of it, it's probably not a bad idea to get before I embark on this journey anyway.

It's a lot better for your knees, ankles, etc. Right now, I have been blessed with no issues related to those items, so I'm going to continue, as I find it more tedious to do it indoors than suffering outdoor elements. You are more dedicated than I am.

I have to get a referral to see a podiatrist, so I have an annual physical scheduled Monday. This will be my 2nd in less than 5 years, so I'm really doing well. Now that I think of it, it's probably not a bad idea to get before I embark on this journey anyway.
    I did mis-speak, :30/:35 a day 5 days/week, not every day. Still, I do feel feel better over all after getting back in shape.

My latest brick wall was the 2nd covid shot reaction (see covid thread). I hope to start back exercising on Sunday. After a week lay off, my plan is to go :20/ 5 days and then add :05 each week to get back to :30/:35

It’s not my usual weigh in day, but it is Easter which marks the end of my sweets fast. I did make it to 220.2.

After enjoying a few Easter bunny treats I’m going back to the sweets fast until May.

Laid off the machine all last week after battling the vaccine reactions, and started back tonight for a 1.6mi :20min session on the machine... it hurt.

Fab Five

Rode my bike 11 miles yesterday. I have got to stop going to the breweries along the way. Had a net gain of about 300 calories.
    Real Fan since 1958